(01 position; full-time from 2/2021 to 1/2025 and part-time from 2/2025 to 8/2029)
Mekong Economics is an economic consulting firm active in Myanmar, Vietnam, and some other Southeast Asian countries. We have offices in Vietnam, Myanmar. Our core expertise focuses on Monitoring and Evaluation, Impact Assessment, Survey, Economic Research, Market Assessment etc. Further information about our firm can be found here on our website: https://www.mekongeconomics.com/
Work location: 9B Yen The Lane, Nguyen Thai Hoc str, Dong Da, Hanoi
Mekong Economics (MKE) is bidding for a donor-funded project, which lasts for 8.5 years (from 2/2021 to 8/2029). MKE now is looking for a suitable expert to join us as a Facility Coordinator.
The Facility Coordinator will be in charge of the overall supervision and coordination of the facility. Exclusively for the activities under donor direct contracting and implementation, the Facility Coordinator shall manage and supervise all the contracting and administrative aspects of Facility implementation.
The Facility Coordinator will have regular interactions with donor at Hanoi office team, the Task team leader of Facility (based at donor’s headquarter),. She/he will liaise with different stakeholders involved in the implementation of the facility such as (i) the Project management units (PMUs) in charge of the coordination and implementation of the investment projects funded by the facility, (ii) the sectorial central ministries in charge of water-related or other natural hazards, cities, rural territories, agriculture, water management and coastal zone managementetc.
Tasks include but not limited to:
a. Supervision, monitoring and evaluation and reporting
- Coordination and administration of the facility implementation;
- Define the monitoring mechanism of the facility and contribute to monitoring of logical framework (“logframe”) and follow up of the key performance indicators (“KPI” cf. appendix 1) in liaise with the PMUs and central ministries implementing activities or investment projects funded by the facility (C2 and part ofC4);
- Prepare the Annual Technical and Financial report consolidating (i) the annual technical and financial reports of the sub-projects funded by the facility prepared by each one of the PMU and (ii) the activities and progress achieved and budget executed and planned under donor direct implementation to be prepared by the Consultant;
- Supervise the visibility and consultant expert and the short terms experts.
b. Administration (contract and finance)
- For the facility activities under donor direct implementation (C1 and part of C4 : coordination of the Facility, communication and visibility activities of the Facility, capitalization, peer to peer management, etc…), prepare (i) the planning of activities and (ii) the budget planning and execution;
- Prepare the global budget planning and execution of the facility (including processing requests for drawdowns to EUD) based on budget planning and execution prepared by the PMU of the investment projects funded by the facility;
c. Procurement support for Facility activities under DONOR direct implementation
The support of the Facility coordinator in procurement will remain very limited compared with the two previous tasks. Thus, for the facility activities under donor direct implementation (C1 and part of C4), the Facility coordinator may:
- contribute to the preparation, publication, evaluation, assignment and contracting stages, in respect with donor procurement procedures;
- Mainly contribute to the preparation of addendum to contracts under donor direct management during implementation, if requested, in respect with donor procurement procedures.
From 2/2021 – 1/2025: Full time
From 2/2025 – 8/2029: Part time, 30 man-months
Education and experience
- Advanced university degree in business management / public management / environment / natural resources management or any discipline relevant to the assignment;
- Around 10 years of experience in management of donor-funded projects (EU funded projects w would be a real plus), including at least 3 projects taking into account gender issues in their approach;
- Knowledge in integrated water management, integrated coastal zone management or resilient cities would be appreciated;
- Strong interest in working in a comprehensive program involving different stakeholder
- Knowledge of international donors’ financing procedures is required (preferably the ones of the European Union)
- Fluency in English and Vietnamese (spoken and written) is mandatory and French is a plus
- Proficient in computer skills and ability to use relevant software applications, in particular word processing, spreadsheets,
- project management programs, database programs and internet
- Ability to coordinate and supervise
- Ability to work independently and suggest improvements
- Communication, writing,speaking and interpersonalskills
- Strong sense of rigor and responsibility
- Ability to liaise with various counterparts andstakeholders
- Sensitivity to gender issue.
Interested applicants should send a soft copy of a detailed Curriculum Vitae to Mekong Economics via email email@example.com. The candidate can also contact MKE for any clarification regarding this vacancy by sending email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Ms. Hien Nguyen – 0886689622. Only short listed candidates will be contacted for interview.
Monthly Salary and Bonus Range:
To be discussed at the Interview
Deadline: 3rd December 2020
Please state “Application for Facility Coordinator – Mekong Economics” in the subject email.
Tel (+84 24) 3759 0009
Fax (+84 24) 3747 5959
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
All year roundWinrock International
11/12/2020World Vision International – Vietnam (WVV)
11/12/2020British Chamber of Commerce Vietnam (BritCham Vietnam)
25/12/2020The World Bank
25/12/2020Save the Children
15/12/2020World Wildlife Fund (WWF) - Vietnam
06/12/2020Aide Et Action International (AEAI)