CWS Vietnam Office
Field-based Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR) Project Officer
Church World Service (CWS) is a global humanitarian relief and development agency headquartered in New York. CWS works with partners regardless of their religion, race, ethnicity, age or gender to eradicate hunger and poverty and to promote peace and justice around the world.
In 2020 CWS marks 66 years of cooperation and partnership with the people of Vietnam; it is a relationship that has involved sequential governments and has remained strong and productive at the grassroots. CWS is currently working with partners at provincial, district and commune levels on projects to mobilize community engagement and their participation for safe, quality household and community access to water, improved hygiene and sanitation, reducing risks of natural disasters and emergency relief (www.cws-asia.org). Projects are concentrated in Thai Nguyen, Tuyen Quang and Lai Chau provinces.
The CWS office in Vietnam is seeking a dynamic Vietnamese individual to fill the position of a Field-based Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR) Project Officer for a long-term employment.
Qualifications and competence/experience
- University degree in fields relating to community work, remote sensing and GIS, geography mapping, environment. Further specialization on climate change adaptation and/or disaster risk reduction is desired
- Have professional experience, preferably with Vietnamese or international NGOs in the area of Disaster Risk Reduction and Education, Emergency Response, Livelihood, Environment and Climate Change
- Knowledge of issues and policies related to DRR/CC and Emergency Response in Vietnam.
- Good organizational and computer skills (GIS/Mapping software, MS Office, E-mail and Internet)
- Fluent in written and spoken English and Vietnamese
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Confident, proactive and flexible in work duties
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team
- Self-motivated and able to prioritize work and multi tasks to meet deadlines
- Able to deal respectfully with all levels of society, e.g. government officials, community leaders, villagers, and vulnerable groups
- Willingness to live (base) in project location (district town)
The Chiem Hoa field-based Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR) Project Officer works, in collaboration with and under line management/supervision of the Program Manager, to implement and manage the project “Enhancing Disaster Resilience in Chiem Hoa District”. The field-based DRR project officer will also works closely with project partners from province/ district/ communes/ villages/ schools to effectively and efficiently implement project (processes and activities) so that all work is done with quality and on a timely basis and according to CWS goals and strategy, donor requirements and within the allocated budget.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
The Chiem Hoa field-based DRR project officer oversees implementation of the “Enhancing Disaster Resilience in Chiem Hoa District” project, including but not limited to:
1. Project Implementation
- Work with CWS program team and project partners/ partner organizations to develop project quarterly and activity plans
- Work closely with local partners in project implementation to ensure quality and timely delivery of project activities. Oversee the implementation of project activities.
- Provide technical assistance in terms of DRR and ER (such as hazard map making, community disaster prevention map making, and disaster prevention plan development, early warning system development….) to partners on approaches and implementation methods consistent with acknowledged good practice to achieve sustainable results.
- Facilitate a process of participatory community mapping of disaster risks and planning of community interventions to respond to disaster risks.
- Liaise and manage relationships and contracts with key project partners including provincial, district government agencies and local partners.
2. Monitoring and Evaluation
- Make regular field visits to project sites, meeting with project counterparts and participants to monitor quality or implementation of activities in collaboration with project partners/ partner organizations.
- Collect relevant information and data to verify project results (outputs, outcomes and impacts) with prior consultation with the CWS Program Manager.
3. Documentation and Report Writing
- Initiate project progress reports and stories for the Program Manager to review and report to project donor.
- Contribute to documenting lessons learned and best practices; Support meetings, learning and sharing events.
- Do other tasks related to project implementation / program development as requested by the CWS Program Manager.
How to apply:
Applications in English should include a cover letter reflecting motivation, accompanied by a CV to reach CWS Vietnam office by April 20th, 2020 at:
Church World Service (CWS)
Block L, La Thanh hotel
218 Doi Can street
Email applications will also be accepted at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
CWS is an equal opportunity employer.
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
06/12/2020The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB)
02/12/2020Làng Trẻ SOS Việt Nam
03/12/2020The Hinrich Foundation
04/12/2020The Vietnam Foundation
03/12/2020World Vision Vietnam (WVV)
24/12/2020The National Institute of Genetics
07/01/2021World Bank Group
02/12/2020Department of Operational Support (DOS)
07/12/2020Office of the United Nations Ombudsman and Mediation Services (UNOMS)
15/12/2020International Labour Organization (ILO)
14/12/2020World Bank Group
11/12/2020International Finance Corporation (IFC)