Title: Field Coordinator Consultant
Location: Tay Ninh, Dong Thap, Tien Giang, An Giang, Can Tho, Thai Binh and Nghe An
Division: Vietnam Country Program
The Infectious Disease Detection and Surveillance (IDDS) is a 5-year United States Agency for International Development (USAID)-funded project designed to support USAID’s tuberculosis, Global Health Security Agenda, and Emerging Pandemic Threat strategies and portfolios, while encouraging integration or coordination across public health diseases and between the human and animal health sectors where appropriate. IDDS will implement USAID, U.S. Government, and global initiatives and strategies aimed to reduce global health threats posed by infectious diseases—including tuberculosis (TB) and multi-drug resistant TB (MDR-TB), focusing on strengthening disease detection networks and surveillance systems to:
- Improve the detection of diseases of public health importance and identification of antimicrobial resistance (AMR) in priority infectious diseases through an accessible, accurate, adaptable, timely and integrated diagnostic network system.
- Improve the quality of real-time surveillance systems for pathogens of greatest public health concern, including AMR and zoonotic diseases.
In Vietnam IDDS TB will assist USAID/Vietnam to strengthen the TB diagnostic/laboratory network in line with the Government of Vietnam’s national strategic plan (NSP). Activities will focus on the strategic interventions to help reach NSP targets, build off of activities and successes of other USAID and USG-supported projects such as Challenge TB, and complement and enhance the impact of TB and MDR-TB diagnostic support funded by the Global Fund and other technical partners. Technical assistance and support will be provided at the national level and to USAID-supported provinces. IDDS TB will aim to achieve two overarching objectives throughout the life of the project with key activities as follows:
1) Optimize the diagnostic network to address issues of access, timeliness, and diagnostic accuracy
- Strengthen specimen transport system in selected districts to serve as a model for expansion across USAID-targeted geographies.
- Support the expansion of the GeneXpert network.
- Incorporate Phenotypic and Genotypic drug susceptibility testing (DST) into the TB diagnostic system.
- Provide technical assistance to GeneXpert facilities.
- Adapt Double-X algorithm to incorporate AI-reading of X-rays and expand use of algorithm in private sector.
2) Scale-up pediatric TB diagnosis
- Expand GeneXpert testing of stool specimens as part of the pediatric diagnostic algorithm.
3) Deploy innovative tools and equipment for Vietnam TB diagnostics
- Integrate result of “trace” reading in TB diagnosis when using GX Ultra cartridges
- Establish technical working group to introduce next generation sequencing
IDDS TB through PATH is seeking 7 field coordinators to provide coordination supports for implementing project activities in 7 IDDS provinces, including: Tay Ninh, Dong Thap, Tien Giang, An Giang, Can Tho, Thai Binh and Nghe An. This position reports to the IDDS TB Team Lead based in Hanoi, Vietnam.
- To follow-up field activities conducted as provincial and district levels;
- To prepare and organize the virtual training/ meetings between local health staff with NRL, NTP, IDDS and Provincial NTP as planned. To support the Provincial NTP to communicate with health facilities to implement the project activities as requested.
- To collect quarterly IDDS indicators at provincial level.
- To prepare for conducting other project activities (meetings, assessment and research etc.) at field sites.
- To develop and submit timely monthly activity reports
Required skills and experience:
- A minimum of diploma’s degree in health, public health, epidemiology, or related fields.
- At least 3 years of related experience
- Working experience with public health system in local areas.
- Experience working effectively with government counterparts particularly at provincial and district levels.
- Proven interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively in a team
Consultancy period: July– September 2021 (up to 60 working days)
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit your CV and application letter to Ms. Hang Nguyen, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for applications: Jun 30, 2020.
18/08/2021Save the Children
18/08/2021Blue Dragon Children's Foundation
20/08/2021Làng Trẻ Em SOS
05/08/2021Action on Poverty in Vietnam
15/08/2021Action on Poverty in Vietnam
01/08/2021Catholic Relief Services
08/08/2021NGO Climate Change Working Group (CCWG))
06/08/2021NGO Climate Change Working Group (CCWG)
01/08/2021Management and Sustainable Development Institute
10/08/2021U.S. Embassy in Hanoi
Asia for Animals Coalition Assistant - Farm Animals / Animals Asia Animal Welfare Assistant – Farm AnimalsAnimals Asia