Save the childrenis looking for a Field Safety and Humanitarian Access Coordinator to work closely with the emergency team leader, safety and security manager in Haiti, LAC regional security manager (RSM) and humanitarian accountability focal point(s) to carry out safety and security assessments; identify other challenges related to humanitarian access; make recommendations and provide support for their implementation for the delivery of the humanitarian response in the Department of Sud and Grand’Anse. She /he will develop and oversee the implementation of humanitarian access and security management systems and protocols in the South in accordance with humanitarian principles, humanitarian needs, due diligence principles and the Save the Children’s Safety and Security Policy and Standards in Haiti.
The Field Safety and Humanitarian Access Coordinator will identify changes and trends in humanitarian access and the security environment in the South departments, develop and oversee the implementation of response plans, operational procedures and contingency plans, and facilitate training and capacity building for management and field staff. Separate security and access strategies will be developed for the different department of the South, where SCI Haiti is implementing its humanitarian response. In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
In order to be successful, you will bring/have:
• Graduate degree in a related field, or equivalent work experience.
• Proven knowledge of MS office applications and IT literacy.
• Fluent in French and Creole.
• Fluent in English
• Understanding of the security context and environment in Haiti, community and armed groups dynamics and access limitations.
• Demonstrated experience in areas related to humanitarian access (humanitarian negotiation, development of acceptance strategies, accountability to affected populations or similar).
• Good interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate at all levels, establish information and security networks, and coordinate with local authorities, donors, International Organisations and local NGOs.
• Proven ability to undertake security risk assessments.
• Strong leadership skills.
• Operational experience in disaster affected environments with NGO, military or police background.
• Experience of working in coordination of working group spaces specifically related to humanitarian access.
• Previous experience of working in the South and/ or GrandÁnse Department -Haiti
We offer a competitive package in the context of the sector.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers/apply
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Save the Children does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
20/05/2022Save the Children
23/05/2022HelpAge International tại Việt Nam
24/05/2022Save the Children
25/05/2022Save the Children
25/05/2022Trung tâm Nghiên cứu Môi trường và Cộng đồng
23/05/2022The VinaCapital Foundation (VCF)
15/06/2022Embassy of Denmark in Vietnam
20/05/2022Fauna & Flora International
31/05/2022Oxfam in Vietnam
22/05/2022Oxfam in Vietnam