Finance and Admin Intern
- Title: HCVST internship
- Location: Hanoi, Vietnam
- Program: Vietnam Country Program
- Start Date: June 15, 2023
- End Date: December 14, 2023
- Estimated number of hours per week: 40
- Will the intern be receiving a stipend?: Yes
- Will the intern travel? (local or international): Yes
About the organizationPATH is a global nonprofit dedicated to achieving health equity. With more than 40 years of experience forging multisector partnerships, and with expertise in science, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales up innovative solutions to the world’s most pressing health challenges. Working in Vietnam since the early 1980s, PATH established a permanent office in Hanoi in 1997, and an office in Ho Chi Minh City in 2014.
Description of the project the Intern will complete:Practice and learn about program management skills and daily work of accounting/finance/admin through supporting the finance/admin team includes daily payment process and project activities (events, trainings, workshops..) under the supervision of the senior program assistant.
Description of overall learning objectives and goals for the internship/benefit to the Intern:To gain practical experiences in the field of admin/finance management and accounting, regular duties and responsibilities of accounting/finance/admin position.
Brief description of required skills/experience the intern should possess:
- Basic understanding of admin/logistical tasks, accounting and financial principles.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- High level of detail focus, accuracy, and responsibility.
- Motivation and strong desire to learn and take on new challenges.
Skills to be developed and/or expanded during internship:
- Insight into the working environment and understanding the culture of the organization.
- Standard accounting and financial management, cash basic management accounting.
- Payment document review and control.
- Admin and logistic support to program team.
- Good skills of communication and coordination with other team members.
- Other related skills of accounting, banking and administration .
- Pre-review the backup documents submitted by the staff/consultant and partners (CBOs/PCs, OPC, MMT, etc) for payment such as: travel expenses, meeting/training/workshop expenses, monthly payment/ reimbursement request, etc, scan and upload to share drive.
- Pre-review the airfares, taxi receipts, group them by projects.
- Re-arrange/pre-review financial supporting invoices/receipts against financial reports submitted by partners for easy tracking.
- Rearrange to make sure the supporting documents of the vouchers are in good order for reviewing, filing document.
- Support admin/PA team in organizing project activities, travels and others.
- Candidates must currently have legal authorization to work in Vietnam.
- PATH is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity is valued.
- PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. PATH does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
- PATH has become aware of scams involving false job offers.
- PATH will never ask for a fee during any stage of the recruitment process.
- All active jobs are advertised directly on our career page.
- Official PATH emails will always arrive from an @path.org address or @silkroad.com address.
Please report any suspicious communications to email@example.com
How to Apply:All applications are made online. For a full job description and to apply online, please access via this job link https://bit.ly/45D2ev4 or visit PATH website (www.path.org) then go to (Careers/Search Job Listings/PATH’s Internship Opportunities). Deadline for application is 10th June 2023.
*Please include a cover letter with your resume describing your interest and how you meet the qualifications.
05/10/2023US Consulate HCMC
06/10/2023Save the Children
11/10/2023Humanitarian Services for Children of Vietnam (HSCV)
04/10/2023Save the Children