Vacancy no.: DC/HANOI/GS/2020/09
Publication date: 18 September 2020
Application deadline (midnight local time): 11 October 2020
Job ID: 4225
Department: RO-Asia and the Pacific
Organization Unit: CO-Hanoi
Contract type: Fixed Term
Contract duration: One year with possibility of extension
Under article 4.2, paragraph (e) of the Staff Regulations, the filling of vacancies in technical cooperation projects does not fall under Annex I of the Staff Regulations and is made by direct selection by the Director-General.
In order to support the best informed process in the filling of the above-mentioned vacancy by direct selection, the ILO invites interested candidates to submit their application online by the above date.
The following are eligible to apply:
- ILO Internal candidates in accordance with paragraphs 31 and 32 of Annex I of the Staff Regulations.
- External candidates*
*The recruitment process for General Service positions is subject to specific local recruitment criteria.
Technical cooperation appointments are not expected to lead to a career in the ILO and they do not carry any expectation of renewal or conversion to any other type of appointment in the Organization. A one-year fixed-term contract will be given. Extensions of technical cooperation contracts are subject to various elements including the following: availability of funds, continuing need of the functions and satisfactory conduct and performance.
*Conditions of employment for external candidates: In conformity with existing ILO practice, the appointment of an external candidate will normally be made at the first step of this grade.
Given the recent developments, and recognizing that the fishing and seafood processing sectors in major producing countries in South East Asia will grow as well as that labour migration will continue and likely grow, there is the need for a project that addresses the need for migration governance that responds to the sectoral characteristics of fishing and seafood processing sectors, particularly concerning migrant fishers.
The project will build on the achievements of the EU funded Ship to Shore Rights project implemented by the ILO. There is potential consolidate and further advance the positive achievements by deepening engagement with Myanmar, Cambodia, Lao People’s Democratic Republic, Viet Nam, Philippines and Indonesia on sectoral issues and labour migration management in SEA. Indonesia is in preparatory work for the ratification of C188 under the leadership of the Coordinating Ministry of Maritime Affairs and Investment.
This project will promote gender-responsive labour migration laws, policies, practices and services that address the characteristics of working in fishing and seafood processing sectors. It will support the organization and representation of migrant workers in these sectors, including in the protection of fundamental principles. It will address the legal, policy and institutional gaps and barriers faced by migrant workers in these sectors including in the protection of fundamental principles and rights at work as well as enhance their access to safe, orderly and regular migration by addressing exploitation, forced labour and trafficking.
The project will work in close cooperation with governments and social partners to achieve its overall objective: promote regular and safe labour migration among South East Asian Countries, in particular in the fishing and seafood processing industry. The action shall be carried out in South East Asia, in Thailand, Cambodia, Myanmar, Lao people’s Democratic Republic, Philippines, Viet Nam and Indonesia. Regional activities will cover these countries as well as Malaysia and structures in the sub-region as deemed necessary.
The Finance and Administrative Assistant (G5) is responsible for providing administrative and financial support to the SEA Fisheries Project and will report to the National Project Coordinator.
- Take responsibility for good maintenance of office administrative files and records and all daily administrative tasks, including logistical support to the Project personnel, travel arrangements, visas, hotel reservation etc. to ensure that timely administrative support is provided in general and particular areas;
- Search and select information and records in specified format or on the basis of general instructions for use by others in preparing reports, correspondence, technical papers, Project plan and general reference documents;
- Draft correspondence, faxes, memoranda and reports on administrative matters from oral instructions, previous correspondence or other available information sources in accordance with standard office procedures using computerized systems. Draft non-routine correspondence and responses, and ensure follow-up action.
- Arrange appointments for the supervisor, Project consultants and ILO officials, receive visitors, respond to requests for information, maintain office records and reference files on all Project and related activities, send and receive e-mails and fax correspondence;
- Provide secretarial and/or administrative/financial support for organizing meetings, workshops and/or training involving the Project’s partners;
- Advise, respond, make arrangements and solve problems for the procurement, shipment and receipt of office and Project supplies and equipment;
- Perform liaison duties with concerned ministries for required clearance;
- Maintain, update and transmit inventory records of non-expendable equipment;
- Liaise with relevant partners’ focal points on administrative and financial matters; Review partner’s financial reports/invoices to ensure in compliance with ILO’s financial regulation and requirements, with particular attention and necessary guidance/support made to the partners of the Project;
- Code and record receipts and payments, verify the accuracy of calculations and the completeness of supporting documents, and maintain a continuing status of allotments against obligations;
- Classify and assign budget codes, verify and process claims for payment, and check vouchers, prices and claims invoices;
- Check and correct accounting information files (computerized and/or manual) and identify incorrect data. Enter financial data into computer and print financial reports;
- Prepare and modify budget data based on requests such as budget proposals, budget revisions, and budget rephrasing; calculate cost estimates and projected budget requirements and assist in the preparation of budget statements of the area of assignment;
- Provide guidance to Project partners in Viet Nam on the ILO financial system as well as administrative and financial reporting procedures;
- Assist with preparing contracts and processing of Project’s payments;
- Maintain Project’s financial transactions and reporting systems in accordance with the ILO financial rules and regulations;
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor and the CO Director.
- Completion of secondary education and secretarial or administrative training or other relevant post tertiary training;
- Thorough knowledge of modern office procedures, clerical practices and knowledge of administrative practices;
At least 5 years of administrative experience. Experience in working with development projects at the national or international level in the UN system would be an advantage.
Excellent command of English and Vietnamese
- Timely delivery of administrative activities and services by the work unit for the office;
- Proven ability to use word processing software, email and software packages required by the work unit;
- Good knowledge of accounting principles and practices;
- Thorough knowledge of secretarial practices and procedures, and knowledge of administrative practices;
- Thorough knowledge of in-house procedures for the preparation of documents and administrative forms, and for the creation and maintenance of filing systems;
- Good knowledge of protocol; of the work of the office and the work carried out in the other work units;
- Proven ability to draft correspondence and take minutes of meetings;
- Knowledge of the accounting and finance procedures and regulations of the office;
- Demonstrated ability to apply finance and accounting methods;
- Ability to maintain financial records and prepare clerical accounting reports and statements;
- Knowledge of modern office procedures and ability to operate all types of office equipment;
- Ability to work in a team and good interpersonal skills;
- Excellent time management skills.
Please note that all candidates must complete an on-line application form. To apply, please visit the ILO Jobs website. The system provides instructions for online application procedures.
The ILO does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process whether at the application, interview, processing or training stage. Messages originating from a non ILO e-mail account – @ilo.org – should be disregarded. In addition, the ILO does not require or need to know any information relating to the bank account details of applicants.
Candidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
22/01/2021Center for Community Health Research and Development (CCRD)
28/02/2021Center for Community Health Research and Development (CCRD)
28/01/2021U.S. Embassy Hanoi