Open to Internal and External Candidates
(Vietnamese national only)
Ha Noi, Vietnam
Type of Appointment:
Fixed term, one year with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date:
As soon as possible
5:00 PM, June 21, 2021
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purposes of this vacancy, Internal candidates are defined as staff members holding a regular, fixed-term or short-term graded or ungraded contract. Staff members holding a regular, fixed-term or short-term graded will not retain contract type if appointed to an ungraded position.
Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission (CoM) in Viet Nam and direct supervision of the National Resources Management Officer (NRMO); and, in collaboration with relevant units at Headquarters and the Administrative Centres, the successful candidate will be responsible and accountable for managing the financial resources in Mission-Office in Ha Noi.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Assist in managing financial resources by monitoring and controlling assets, reserves, funds, supplies, etc. in accordance with IOM rules and regulations;
- Assist in preparing annual budget submission and revisions including estimating staff cost as well as rental and utilities, office equipment and supplies, printing, and other contracts, services or running expenses, to include in the budget;
- Extract and input data from various sources in financial or accounting systems;
- Assist providing guidance in accounting, budget and financial related issues;
- Assist in the preparation of the payroll by executing validity checks on monthly payroll results;
- Reviews all types of payments starting from purchases to payment requests verifying that they are duly authorized and all the supporting documents are attached therewith;
- Create new Vendor Accounts in PRISM;
- Verify vendor claims for accuracy and conformance with IOM finance policies and instructions;
- Perform claim verifications against documentation to ensure that purchases/services are properly authorized and that the goods have been received or services rendered;
- Assist in the preparation of budget, accounting, financial, statistical reports and other reports as required;
- Provide assistance to all staff services such as travel, expense claims, document retrieval, etc.;
- Ensure proper and systematic completion of all posted payments and other accounting documents according to the established standards;
- Responsible for the Petty Cash of the office; and,
- Perform other related duties as required.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- High School diploma with five years of relevant experience; or,
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finances, or related fields with three years of relevant professional experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, E-mail, Outlook; previous experience in SAP is a distinct advantage;
- Attention to detail, ability to organize paperwork in a methodical way;
- Discreet, details and clients-oriented, patient and willingness to learn new things; and,
- Prior work experience with international humanitarian organizations, non-government or government institutions/organization in a multi-cultural setting is an advantage.
- Good spoken and written communication skills.
- Good listener and be able to communicate the needs and expectations of both the organization and its employees.
- Be able to maintain constant interaction with all personnel.
- Be able to maintain a positive demeanor even in difficult situations.
- Skills to deal with confidential information.
- Good organizational skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
Knowledge on gender mainstreaming, especially with in cross-cutting issues with migration.
Fluency in English and Vietnamese is required.
Working knowledge of any IOM official languages is an advantage.
Required Competencies (*):
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
Values - all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment.
How to apply:
Completed applications, including IOM Personal History Form, application letter, and copies of diplomas and certificates, recommendation letters, etc. may be delivered to the IOM Mission Office in Hanoi at 304 Kim Ma, Ba Dinh dist, Ha Noi or submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org referring to this Vacancy Notice’s Position Title.
IOM only accepts profiles with IOM Personal History Form duly completed.
Applications are non-returnable and only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
From 07.06.2021 to 21.06.2021Candidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position Du lịch nhật bản, hướng dẫn du lịch Nhật và đánh giá địa điểm Nhật Bản Japan travel news, japan travel guides, japan holiday destinations and japan reviews
Asia for Animals Coalition Assistant - Farm Animals / Animals Asia Animal Welfare Assistant – Farm AnimalsAnimals Asia
15/08/2021Cục Y tế dự phòng
30/07/2021Save the Children
08/08/2021Action On Poverty
National Experts to develop the regulations on environmental industry in the Guiding Decree to the Law on Environmental Protection 2020 in Viet NamHanns Seidel Foundation
International Expert to develop the regulations on environmental industry in the Guiding Decree to the Law on Environmental Protection 2020 in Viet NamHanns Seidel Foundation
10/08/2021Batik International Việt Nam