KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation (KNCV) is one of the leading international non-profit organizations dedicated to fighting tuberculosis (TB) worldwide. We are an international center of expertise for TB control that stimulates effective, efficient and sustainable tuberculosis control strategies in a national and international context. We are an organization of passionate TB professionals; including medical doctors, researchers, training experts, nurses and epidemiologists.
Over the past century we have built a wealth of knowledge and expertise, initially by successfully driving back TB in the Netherlands, and subsequently by partnering in the fight against TB in over 40 countries worldwide.
We operate from a central office in The Hague in the Netherlands and additional country offices worldwide). KNCV raises funds from individual, institutional and corporate donors.
In Vietnam, KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation promotes effective, efficient and sustainable tuberculosis control by supporting and building capacity of health system, including national programs and active participation in national and international policy development.
In the period of 2021-2025, KNCV works closely with Vietnam National TB Control Program to provide support in development and implementation of the National Strategic Plan to end TB for 2021-2025 and vision for 2030. The KNCV funded projects focuses on introduction of new drugs and regimens, innovative diagnostics, TB infection control and the preparation of strategic TB control plan and funding applications
Purpose of the position and organizational position
The Finance Assistant is responsible for keeping accurate, complete and up-to date office records for KNCV Vietnam Country Office. Support the Finance Officers in monitoring of the balance sheet and the supply of relevant information to internal stakeholders, in management of the procurement and administrative processes. The position reports directly to the Country Representative Officer
Supporting the Finance Officer
- Assist budget proposals from partners against applicable internal and donor rules and regulations;
- Assess procurement proposals from partners and KNCV Hanoi against applicable internal and donor rules and regulations;
- Supports budget holders with developing project and unit budgets;
- Enters approved budgets into the accounting system;
- Reports to budget holder on actual income and expenses versus budgets;
- Reports significant discrepancies in actual income and expenses versus budgets to the Financial Officer;
- Assists in developing and updating financial management systems and tools.
- Timely, complete and correct project administration and reporting to donors
- Enters data for donor contracts in the project register and file documents in project dossiers;
- Checks and codes invoices and expense reports for projects;
- Checks the correctness of and gives codes to project related bank transactions;
- Checks financial reports from partners against approved budgets;
- Enters financial reports in accounting system;
- Compiles financial progress reports in accordance with administrative guidelines, rules and regulations for submission to donors;
- Monitors outstanding balances;
- Verifies fund requests from partners and prepares fund requests to donors;
- Prepares money transfers to countries and partners;
- Prepares an overview of project related bank balances on a weekly basis;
- Enters data and financial transactions into applicable monitoring and management information systems;
- Reports discrepancies in financial reports and outstanding balances to the financial controller;
- Closes the accounts for projects after activities have been finalized and reports have been submitted.
- Perform other duties as requested by the Country Representative Officer.
- Supports the Finance Officer in annual audits and other administrative tasks, such as inventory control.
Who are we looking for?
- Being a residence of Vietnam;
- Bachelor degree (Accounting, Finance and or Business Management);
- Minimum 4 years’ experience directly related to financial management or accountancy, preferably with an international non-for-profit organization (NGO)
- Knowledge of government laws in Vietnam for NGOs operation in the country;
- Knowledge and proficiency in financial Accounting software, like Bravo, EXACT Globe & MS Excel and MS Word.
- Good verbal and written skills in Vietnamese and English
- Analytical thinking;
- Being able to deal with resistance;
- Computer skilled;
- Sensitive to cultural differences and understanding the socio-economic, political and ethical issues surrounding TB control;
- Ability to work-proactively and work well in a team;
- Ability to develop and maintain efficient working relationships among staff within KNCV country offices as well as external partners.
What does KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation offer?
- A fixed-term contract for 12 months, with the intention to extend the contract;
- An informal work atmosphere in an international environment where initiative is appreciated;
- A highly motivated team of experienced, self-driven colleagues worldwide;
- A salary dependent upon education and relevant working experience;
Application and information
You can apply for this position via https://www.kncvtbc.org/vacancies/ before 10 October 2021. For more information please contact email@example.com For further information on KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation, please see www.kncvtbc.org
Organisation Name: KNCV
Application Deadline: Sun, 2021-10-10
29/09/2021Save the Children
05/10/2021Save the Children
04/10/2021Save the Children