KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation is looking for a
Finance Assistant Duty station: Hanoi, Vietnam
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation (Hoi Chong Lao Hoang gia Ha Lan)
KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation (KNCV) is one of the leading international non-profit organizations dedicated to fighting tuberculosis (TB) worldwide. We are an international center of expertise for TB control that stimulates effective, efficient and sustainable tuberculosis control strategies in a national and international context. We are an organization of passionate TB professionals; including medical doctors, researchers, training experts, nurses and epidemiologists.
Over the past century we have built a wealth of knowledge and expertise, initially by successfully driving back TB in the Netherlands, and subsequently by partnering in the fight against TB in over 40 countries worldwide.
We operate from a central office in The Hague in the Netherlands and additional country offices worldwide). KNCV raises funds from individual, institutional and corporate donors.
Background In Vietnam, KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation promotes effective, efficient and sustainable tuberculosis control by supporting and building capacity of health system, including national programs and active participation in national and international policy development.
In the period of 2021-2025, KNCV works closely with Vietnam National TB Control Program to provide support in development and implementation of the National Strategic Plan to end TB for 2021-2025 and vision for 2030. The KNCV funded projects focuses on introduction of new drugs and regimens, innovative diagnostics, TB infection control and the preparation of strategic TB control plan and funding applications
Purpose of the position and organizational position
The Finance Assistant is responsible for keeping accurate, complete and up-to date office records for KNCV Vietnam Country Office. Support the Finance Officers in monitoring of the balance sheet and the supply of relevant information to internal stakeholders, in management of the procurement and administrative processes. The position reports directly to the Country Representative Officer
Supporting the Finance Officer
- Checks the invoices and expense reports for projects, give codes to project related to the bank account and against approved budget;
- Preparing the payment to partners by cash and bank
- Arranging logistics (travel, hotel), organization of workshops, seminars, meetings, field trips, external consultants, technical and project officer etc. including estimating budgets for these activities, settle payment, monitoring expenditures, and ensuring that documents and other materials are available on time;
- Assist, review budget proposals from partners against applicable internal and donor rules and regulations;
- Assess, review procurement proposals from partners and KNCV Hanoi against applicable internal and donor rules and regulations;
- Assists in developing and updating financial management systems and tools.
- Timely, complete and correct project administration and reporting to donors
- Enters data and financial transactions into applicable monitoring and management information systems;
- Manage the filing, storage, inventory list of office equipment and security of documents and reports from partners;
- - Perform other duties as requested by the Country Representative Officer.
- Supports the Finance Officer in annual audits and other administrative tasks, such as inventory control.
Who are we looking for?
- Being a residence of Vietnam;
- Bachelor degree (Accounting, Finance and or Business Management);
- Minimum 2 years’ experience directly related to financial management or accountancy, preferably with an international non-for-profit organization (NGO)
- Knowledge of government laws in Vietnam for NGOs operation in the country;
- Knowledge and proficiency in financial Accounting software, like Bravo, EXACT Globe & MS Excel and MS Word.
- Good verbal and written skills in Vietnamese and English
- Systematic; Accurate; Attentive; Incorruptible; Discrete;
- Analytical thinking;
- Being able to deal with resistance;
- Computer skilled;
- Sensitive to cultural differences and understanding the socio-economic, political and ethical issues surrounding TB control;
- Ability to work-proactively and work well in a team;
- Ability to develop and maintain efficient working relationships among staff within KNCV country offices as well as external partners.
What does KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation offer?
- A fixed-term contract for 1 year, with possible extension depending on performance and available funding
- An informal work atmosphere in an international environment where initiative is appreciated;
- A highly motivated team of experienced, self-driven colleagues worldwide;
- A salary dependent upon education and relevant working experience;
Application and information
Applicants are requested to submit a cover letter and curriculum vitae with names and contacts of the last two professional references to the E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org under subject ‘Financial Assistant’, No later than 1 July 2022.
For further information on KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation, please see www.kncvtbc.org
Only short listed applicants will be contacted for interviews. If you do not hear from us within 21 days from the closing date, this means your application was not successful.
13/07/2022Đại sứ quán Hoa Kỳ tại Hà Nội
12/07/2022USAID Learns - Social Impact
28/06/2022USAID Learns - Social Impact
Programme Assistant to Provide Support on Data Collection on Vaccination, Use of Vaccines in Expanded Immunization, Vaccines against COVID-19 (WHO)WHO