BackgroundViet Nam is particularly vulnerable to climate change and already impacted by more irregular and intense climate variability and change. Two of the regions most vulnerable to climate risks affecting smallholder farmers are the Central Highlands and South-Central Coast. Changes in precipitation are leading to increasing deficits in surface and ground water availability for agricultural production with longer periods of severe water scarcity during the dry season and increased frequency and intensity of droughts. Overall agricultural productivity is falling, with corresponding declines in yields and incomes particularly harmful to small-scale farmers vulnerable to reduced water availability on rain fed lands and within this group, poor and near-poor, ethnic minority and women farmers. UNDP is collaborating with the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development (MARD), Ministry of Planning and Investment (MPI, as the GCF National Designated Authority), and the five participating provinces of Dak Lak, Dak, Nong, Binh Thuan, Ninh Thuan, and Khanh Hoa to implement the project “Strengthening the resilience of smallholder agriculture to climate change-induced water insecurity in the Central Highlands and South-Central Coast regions of Vietnam” (herein after referred to as “the Project”), financed by the Green Climate Fund (GCF). The objective of this project is to empower vulnerable smallholders in five provinces of the Central Highlands and South-Central Coast regions of Vietnam – particularly women and ethnic minority farmers – to manage increasing climate risks to agricultural production. To achieve its objective, the project will enable smallholder farmers to adapt to climate-driven rainfall variability and drought through implementation of two linked Outputs integrating GCF and co-financing resources from the Asian Development Bank and the Government of Vietnam (GoV):
- Improved access to water for vulnerable smallholder farmers for climate-resilient agricultural production in the face of climate-induced rainfall variability and droughts, and
- Strengthened capacities of smallholder farmers to apply climate and market information, technologies, and practices for climate-resilient water and agricultural management.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Effective support and contribution to the planning, budgeting, financial management, procurement, and implementation of the Project, in accordance with UN/UNDP’s established rules and regulations and practices;
- Contribution to the management and operation of the UNDP’s Climate Change and Environment programme in Viet Nam.
1. Effective support to planning, budgeting, financial management, procurement and implementation of the Project, aiming to achieve the following results (85%):
- Support the Programme Management Specialist in charge of the “Strengthening the resilience of smallholder agriculture to climate change-induced water insecurity in the Central Highlands and South-Central Coast regions of Vietnam” Project, in planning, management, and implementation of the Project;
- Support the Government counterparts in setting up CPMU and PPMUs and support CPMU, PPMUs in setting up proper financial and accounting systems for budgeting and financial management of the Project;
- Quality guidance and support to the concerned staff at CPMU, PPMUs on routine financial and accounting work, including coordination of financial data from participating partners and make timely inputs to the preparation and approval of the Project’s work-plans and reports;
- Ensure sufficient resources for the project activities, including timely transfer of advance, and regular monitoring; Ensure conformity of project disbursement with work-plan and procedures and accuracy of payments made;
- Analyze and monitor overall programme financial situation in consultation, and report on project financial expenditures and timely alert PMS on shortfalls and over-expenditures or any exceptions to facilitate timely actions and informed decisions;
- Creation of a project in Atlas, support to preparation of required budget revisions, revision of project award and project status, determination of unutilized funds, operational and financial close of a project;
- Review of the regular financial reports; HACT Forms;
- Conduct spot-checks, document and share project lessons learnt from spot-checks to continuously improve the overall financial management of executing agencies;
- Presentation of information for audit of NIM projects, supports implementation of audit recommendations;
- Maintenance of the internal expenditures control system which ensures that vouchers processed are matched and completed, transactions are correctly recorded and posted in Atlas system;
- Timely corrective actions on un-posted vouchers, including the vouchers with budget check errors, match exceptions, unapproved vouchers;
- Creation of requisitions in Atlas for the project, register of goods receipt in Atlas, preparation of payment requests.
2. Contribution to the management and operation of the UNDP’s Climate Change and Environment programme in Viet Nam, focusing on achievement of the following results (15%):
- Timely tracking and reporting on mobilized resources, especially under the Funded Activity Agreement (FAA) signed between UNDP and GCF;
- Effective support to the organization of policy dialogues and other events on climate change, resilient agriculture, water security, etc., organized or hosted by UNDP;
- Support other relevant services relating to finance and administration of the UNDP’s Climate Change and Environment Programme.
- Professional growth through active learning.
|Innovation Ability to make new and useful ideas work||Level 1: Assesses work with critical eye|
|Leadership Ability to persuade others to follow||Level 1: Takes responsibility for and ensures high quality of own work|
|People Management Ability to improve performance and satisfaction||Level 1: Understands personal and team roles, responsibilities and objectives|
|Communication Ability to listen, adapt, persuade and transform||Level 1: Reliably and consistently listens and interprets information and instruction correctly|
|Delivery Ability to get things done while exercising good judgement||Level 1: Meets goals and timelines for team deliverables|
|Budget and finance management demonstrate exceptional knowledge and skills on finance and budget management||Level 2: Execute & Learn: Execute & Learn: Perform defined tasks|
|UNDP’s policies and regulations Demonstrate updated knowledge of UNDP’s policies and regulations||Level 2: Execute & Learn: Performs defined tasks efficiently and deepens knowledge of area of work|
|Partnership: Ability to maintain effective partnership with the Government counterparts and other stakeholders||Level 1: Replicate Reliably: Carry out work, as directed, and demonstrate motivation to develop|
Required Skills and Experience
- At least 6 years of progressively responsible administrative or programme/project implementation support experience is required;
- Basic understanding of climate change, disaster risk reduction and environment;
- Knowledge of UNDP programme practices is an asset.
- Vietnamese national;
- Ability to work with colleagues and collaborators of different national and cultural backgrounds;
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.);
- Advanced knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages;
- Experience in handling of web-based management systems.
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
27/04/2021British Embassy Hanoi
04/05/2021British Consulate-General in Ho Chi Minh City
03/05/2021Viện Lãnh đạo ABG
05/05/2021USAID Learns/Social Impact
23/04/2021FIT & IRD
03/05/2021Làng trẻ em SOS Việt Nam
08/05/2021The U.S. Embassy