|Posting Title:||Finance Expert|
|Department/Office:||Department of Political Affairs|
|Duty Station:||NEW YORK|
|Posting Period:||30 October 2020 – 21 December 2020|
|Job Opening Number:||20-Department of Political Affairs-143895-Consultant|
Result of Service
The Panel of Experts established pursuant to Security Council resolution 1591 (2005) (“the Panel”) consists of five experts with demonstrated substantive knowledge, experience and skills in areas relevant to the implementation of the sanctions regime. The Panel’s mandate is established and can be renewed or terminated by the Security Council. The Panel acts under the direction of the Security Council Committee established pursuant to resolution 1591 (2005) concerning the Sudan (the Committee).
The Expert will serve with the Panel reporting to the Committee and the Security Council. The Expert will be subject to the overall guidance and management of the Subsidiary Organs Branch of the Security Council Affairs Division of the Department of Political and Peacebuilding Affairs, specifically, of the Secretary of the concerned Security Council Committee, the Chief of the Branch and the Director of the Security Council Affairs Division. The work of the Panel is facilitated by a Coordinator who is also an expert on the Panel.
For more information about the Panel, including its reports and other relevant materials, please see: https://www.un.org/securitycouncil/sanctions/1591
The position is expected to be from 13 March 2021 until 12 March 2022, subject to the renewal of the mandate and availability of funds.
Duties and Responsibilities
Within delegated authority, the finance expert will be responsible for (but not limited to) the following duties:
• To contribute to the monitoring of sanctions measures and investigation of alleged sanctions violations as mandated by Security Council resolutions related to the Sudan in his/her area of expertise;
• To contribute to reporting on any violations of the sanctions regime through reports of the Panel to the Committee and the Security Council required under relevant Security
Council resolutions, as well as any periodic briefing/reporting as requested by the Committee;
• To contribute to the preparation of recommendations by the Panel for improved implementation of the Security Council resolution related to the Sudan, based on the Panel’s investigations, country visits and outreach activities;
• To contribute to the compilation of information on individuals and entities that may engage in sanctions violations;
• To provide updated information and compile new information on sanctions violations, including any information relevant to the designation of individuals for a travel ban and individuals and entities for an assets freeze, if applicable
• To provide the Panel with an analysis of national, regional and international political developments and dynamics relevant to the mandate of the Panel, and include the latter in reports, as well as other updates, as necessary;
• To monitor media, including social media, on issues and cases relevant to the mandate of the Panel;
• To prepare and deliver briefings and presentations on the sanctions regime and the Panel’s activities;
• To assist in identifying areas where the capacities of States can be strengthened to enhance the implementation of the measures imposed by the Security Council;
• To contribute to reports that adhere to high evidentiary standards and rigorous methodology;
• To provide due process to Member States, entities and individuals to respond to allegations and findings when conducting investigations; and
• To assume other duties as mandated by the Security Council and/or requested by the Committee.
• To contribute to the preparation of a programme of work of the Panel, including a travel schedule, at the outset of the mandate, which will be updated regularly;
• To participate in fact-finding missions to relevant countries in order to gather information from government authorities, private individuals and entities, civil society, regional and sub-regional organizations and United Nations field presences;
• To draft and follow up on correspondence in his/her area of responsibility;
• To collate and assess the information obtained, including by sharing written notes and briefs with other Panel members, including the Coordinator of the Panel;
• To classify, categorize and archive the materials obtained in the course of the Panel’s investigations; and
• To provide the UN Secretariat with an End of Assignment Report at the end of the mandate.
• To abide by the rules and regulations of the United Nations, as guided by the Secretary of the Committee, the Chief of the Subsidiary Organs Branch and the Director of the Security Council Affairs Division, among others.
• To abide by the applicable policies, guidelines and procedures on safety and security within the UN’s Security Management System (UNSMS).
• Pursuant to General Assembly resolution A/RES/67/254 (section VI, paragraph 8) on advance booking of air travel, plan official air travel to meet the United Nations target rate of 70 per cent compliance.
• Knowledge of sanctions-related issues and developments in the Sudan and the region.
• Substantive knowledge and field experience in the area of expertise;
• Strong technical knowledge and skills in the relevant areas of work outlined in Council mandates;
• Strong analytical capacity and research skills;
• Ability to develop a sound investigative case study featuring corroborated information from credible sources, and ability to synthesize this information into an easily-readable case study which can be incorporated into a Panel’s report;
• Ability to treat sensitive or confidential information appropriately;
• Ability to work independently and resist political pressures;
• Ability to work under pressure and in dynamic situations; being conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results;
• Demonstrated understanding of sanctions regimes in a United Nations, regional organization or Member State setting. Knowledge of the United Nations’ institutional structure, mandates, policies and rules, as well as its relationships with regional organizations, Member States and other international partners;
• Willingness to travel extensively, including in difficult environments;
• The position requires a high level of personal commitment to the Panel of Experts’ mandate and the United Nations;
• Incorporate gender perspectives in the substantive area of responsibility.
Planning and organising
• Proven capacity to plan and execute a work plan, and adapt, as required, to fluid priorities and demands;
• Ability to work independently in a systematic and productive manner;
• Ability to foresee risks and allow for contingencies when planning.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain harmonious working relationships in a multicultural, multi-ethnic and political work environment;
• Ability to develop consensus among people with varying points of view;
• Ability to supports and act in accordance with a final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect his/her own position.
• Strong oral communication and drafting skills;
• Ability to interact positively with high-level government officials and the diplomatic community.
• Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office applications including Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel. Ability to use other relevant software (such as photograph management tools and mapping tools), as well as database software to organize, analyse and archive collected materials during investigations is desirable. Actively seeks to apply technology to appropriate tasks.
• A university degree in finance, economics, business, accountancy, political science, international relations, law, journalism or other relevant area is required. An advanced university degree is desirable.
• A minimum of ten years (including a minimum of three years of field experience) of progressively responsible experience in the relevant field is required;
• Strong field research or investigative experience in the area of expertise is required;
• Experience in writing high-quality reports is required;
• Experience working in in a complex political environment within a national, regional or international setting is required;
• Significant field experience in post-conflict or other transitional situations is desirable;
• A demonstrated understanding of sanctions regimes in a United Nations, regional organization or Member State setting is desirable;
• Experience in working under the rules and regulations of the organization and the working culture and methods of the United Nations Secretariat is desirable.
• Proficiency and demonstrated drafting ability in English is required;
• Working knowledge of Arabic is desirable.
All experts will engage in frequent regional and international travel. All travel will be in Economy Class as per United Nations administrative instruction ST/AI/2013/3.
Join Inspira consultant roster and register your application. Experts who are registered in the Consultants Roster are available for consideration whenever relevant opportunities arise. Shortlisted candidates are contacted directly by the relevant team using the email address provided in their PHP saved in Inspira. Experts who have joined the Consultant Roster are also invited to actively apply to consultancy job openings posted in Inspira and on this website.
Geographical diversity is a strong consideration. Female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING). THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CONCERN ITSELF WITH INFORMATION ON APPLICANTS’ BANK ACCOUNTS.
Application link: https://careers.un.org/lbw/jobdetail.aspx?id=143895Candidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
22/01/2021Center for Community Health Research and Development (CCRD)
28/02/2021Center for Community Health Research and Development (CCRD)
28/01/2021U.S. Embassy Hanoi