Finance & Grants Associate, Tara (South and Southeast Asia (flexible)
The European Climate Foundation (ECF) was established in 2008 as a major philanthropic initiative to help Europe foster the development of a low-carbon society and play an even stronger international leadership role to mitigate climate change. The foundation works through several sectoral, cross-cutting and regional initiatives and collaborates with a wide network of partners to advance progress towards this shared goal. The ECF also hosts a number of initiatives with a global outreach.
Bringing together two successful European Climate Foundation programmes, Tara is a new philanthropic initiative which aims to achieve prosperity, clean air and a safe climate in Asia by supporting a diverse group of partners to accelerate the transition to sustainable, clean energy.
Tara is a regranting initiative working in South, Southeast and East Asia – excluding India and China – which focuses on supporting civil society actors to achieve a rapid transformation in the energy sector in order to meet global climate targets and ensure clean air for all citizens.
Tara is a platform currently hosted at the European Climate Foundation, but with a mandate to localise in the future. ECF is committed to both backing it throughout the transition and to the objective of localising.
About the role
As Tara Finance & Grants Associate, you will be an essential part of the Operations team and will report to the Tara Operations Manager. You will have exposure to a wide range of financial tasks, gaining hands-on experience in financial management for a large and complex platform soon to localised and become a separate entity in the region. This is an exciting opportunity for a career with a strong affinity for numbers, financial analysis and team work, keen to work in a growing international team and a non-profit context.
As part of a operations team, you will support an international team of colleagues on a variety of tasks:
- Support grant-making activities and administrative process: review grantee financial proposals; evaluate grantee financial reports; budget overview including outstanding payments and financial documents;
- Day-to-day finance administrative tasks including invoice and expense processing as well as collecting, monitoring, analysing and presenting financial data from grantees;
- Supporting the Operations Manager in maintaining a comprehensive overview of programme income and expenditure including internal and funder reporting;
- Support due diligence activities and compliance assistance of financial and operational policies and guidelines;
- Supporting grantees in ensuring that their financial operations systems are aligned with the ECF / Tara policies;
- Supporting the Operations Manager in developing and implementing robust systems and procedures for financial operations; and
- Performing other finance administrative tasks as needed.
Experience and competencies
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience or academic background in the fields of business, finance, accounting or a related field;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English + one South East Asian language is preferred;
- Excellent worksheets / Excel skills for financial operations and analysis;
- Attention to detail and accuracy, with an ability to spot numerical errors;
- Ability to work well under pressure, take initiative and be a creative problem-solver, to prioritize and juggle diverse tasks;
- Experience in working in an international team environment that works remotely on different timezones;
- Computer skills, particularly with spreadsheets and financial software; and
- Impeccable ethics, working confidentially and operating with high security.
What we can offer you
- The unique opportunity to work as part of a highly dynamic, international team who combine their passion to make a difference with a rigorous and results-oriented approach to work;
- A flexible work environment and a space to develop and challenge yourself;
- Initial one-year contract with possibility for renewal.
Location: South and Southeast Asia (flexible)
Start date: As soon as possible
Application deadline: 3 April 2020
Please upload below:
- Cover letter (Both in English)
Please send your application via:
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
All year roundWinrock International
11/12/2020World Vision International – Vietnam (WVV)
11/12/2020British Chamber of Commerce Vietnam (BritCham Vietnam)
25/12/2020The World Bank
25/12/2020Save the Children
15/12/2020World Wildlife Fund (WWF) - Vietnam
06/12/2020Aide Et Action International (AEAI)