Terms of Reference
Position Title: Finance & Grants Officer
Location: Hanoi based with regular travels to the Project areas in Son La and/or Lao Cai Province.
Period of Assignment: 1-year contract (plus possible extension)
Reporting To: Senior Finance & Grants Officer
Founded in 1985, CowaterSogema International Inc. has built a global reputation for excellence in the world of management consulting in international development. Headquartered in Ottawa, Canada and with experience in more than 65 countries, CowaterSogema has established itself as Canada’s leading management consulting firm in international development. Our clients include the World Bank, the Asian Development Bank, the Department of Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development Global Affairs Canada, the Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade and many more. Join our team and be part of a fast-paced and dynamic team who is passionate about development and achieving sustainable results.
Cowater is recruiting a Finance & Grants Officer to support a socio-economic development initiative – Aus4Equality in Vietnam. The Program aims to increase women’s economic participation and decision-making through improved access to markets and more effective engagement in the agriculture and tourism value chains in ethnic minority regions of North-West Vietnam.
Statement of Duty:
Reporting to the Senior Finance & Grants Offcer (SFGO), the Finance & Grants Officer (FGO) will oversight and monitor accounting and financial compliance of GREAT program’s grants disbursed to business and non-business’s partners. This position requires demonstrated experience in the areas of Finance and Grants management, as well as a strong knowledge of partnership agreements, funding mechanisms, and requirements. In addition to an oversight and monitoring role, the incumbent will ensure that grant partners’ staff improves their understanding of different partnership mechanisms and build their capacity to adhere to regulations related to reporting, procurement, financial management, internal control and audit.
Providing these services in an effective and efficient manner will ensure that all finance processes and procedures are accurate and up to date, in accordance with the procedures and guidelines laid out in the Aus4Equality Program Standard Operational Manual.
- Review partner’s monthly financial reports to ensure that they meet requirements. Liaise with other staff for review as needed;
- Review funding requests (advances and reimbursement), including preparing supporting documentation for payment and acquittal;
- Monitor grant compliance with partnership agreements in terms and conditions, including reporting;
- Assist with the financial and administrative aspects of grantees’ projects, review budget changes and other supporting documents;
- Assist with processing grant award, amendments, termination and closure;
- Assist in track outstanding grants’ reporting and/or compliance items and prepare appropriate reports on status;
- Ensure complete documentation is on file for all partners within portfolio and that files are audit?ready;
- Produce grant reports on various aspects of grant portfolio, as well as written and/or quantitative analysis, including overall status, financial status, reporting status, etc.
- Carry out internal control mission – in close concert with relevant to assess adequacy of compliance with applicable regulations, policies and procedures.
- Report findings to Operations Managers including proposed follow?up with grant partners based on issues noted;
- Advice on GAAP and basic accounting records to be maintained by the partners.
- Perform on?going monitoring and assessment of partner capacity to accurately record and post all transactions.
- Ensure adequate response and monitoring to implement recommendations of all financial audits and partner capacity assessments
- Participate to joint?monitoring missions.
- Travel for grant partner support and/or capacity building activities;
- Support project close?out activities related to grant awards or general project support;
- Carry out other relevant tasks as necessary.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual partner’s finance reports as required by the Program.
- Provide advice to maintain the risk management matrix (register)
- Issue a statement on internal control for each six month progress report;
- Monitor the effectiveness of AUS4EQUALITY’s risk management system and provide recommendations to improvement as required
- Review the adequacy, implementation and operation of AUS4EQUALITY’s anti-corruption, fraud and related misuse policies and procedures and provide recommendations as necessary.
- Assess proposals for purchase of external auditors (where necessary make representations to these external auditors and follow up and review the cases involved);
- Investigate allegations of fraud for AUS4EQUALITY Partners and Sub-Partners
Perform other tasks that may be required by the Senior GFO.
Required Qualifications – Skills / Abilities:
- Professional qualification in accounting (ACCA, CPA or equivalent) preferred.
- Minimum 5 years relevant work experience in finance management and compliance in development organizations;
- Experience managing grants and/or other donor grant awards.
- Auditing experience, a plus.
- Demonstrated ability in building capacity and providing training and technical assistance, and experience working with NGO/government and business partners;
Skills / Abilities:
- Good command of spoken and written English.
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel and other appropriate software)
- Self-guided, strong organizational and planning skills.
- Ability to work independently and under pressure. Excellent communication, coaching and facilitation skills.
- Experience in using online MIS/accounting software and competence will be an added advantage, or ability to learn quickly.
Interested candidates are invited to send application to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate the Job title in the subject line.
Application should include:
- A cover letter including a response to each of the selection criteria
- A detailed Curriculum Vitae
- Contact of 03 referees
Deadline of submission: 5pm 12 March 2019
For more opportunities, please visit our website at http://equality.aus4vietnam.org/vacancies-at-great/ or facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/Aus4EqualityGREAT/
Women, and people of minority groups, are encouraged to apply.Candidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
22/01/2021Center for Community Health Research and Development (CCRD)
28/02/2021Center for Community Health Research and Development (CCRD)
28/01/2021U.S. Embassy Hanoi