Job location: Hue City, Vietnam
Direct supervisor: DE Vietnam Country Director
Technical line manager: iDE Regional Finance Manager
Subordinates: iDE Vietnam Finance and Admin staff
Contract duration: 3 years with high potential for extension
Start date: August/September 2021
iDE (www.ideglobal.org) is a U.S.-based international non-governmental organization implementing development programs in Africa, Asia and Central America since its inception in 1984. In Vietnam, iDE has been active since 1991 employing a market facilitation approach with strong partnerships at local and national government levels with the purpose of creating improved market opportunities for small and medium entrepreneurs and smallholder farmers in a variety of agriculture, climate-smart technologies, water, sanitation and hygiene sectors and now moving towards plastic waste in the newly emerging circular economy sector. iDE Vietnam focuses on building the capacity of government partners and private sector actors to effectively scale market-based solutions, resulting in lower poverty, increased climate resilience, better health and cleaner environments.
Scope of Work
Reporting to the iDE Vietnam Country Director, the Finance Manager is a critical member of the iDE Vietnam leadership team charged with all aspects of finance and accounting, grants management including statutory compliance for the country programs and ensuring compliance with iDE financial policy, and timely and accurate financial reporting for management and donors preparing financial reporting that strictly complies with reporting requirements from a variety of donors and in a variety of formats. The Finance Manager also ensures that financial audits are performed in accordance with International Standards on Audit as well as iDE policies and guidelines. This includes annual financial statement audits and donor stipulated audits.
In order to ensure accurate reporting, tracking and achievement of goals of the organization, the Finance Manager is required to collaborate with and report indirectly to the iDE Regional Finance Manager (RFM) in a matrix reporting arrangement.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensures, in close cooperation with the iDE Vietnam Country Director and RFM, that iDE’s financial policies are clearly communicated and enforced throughout iDE Vietnam’s programs, including amongst project partners, to ensure the highest possible integrity and compliance throughout its operations. This should be demonstrated by consistent achievement of high quality audit reports.
- Responsible for planning, budgeting, organization, and implementation of procedures for fiscal reporting and administration, risk management, cash management, foreign currency exchange and banking relationships.
- Provides comprehensive, timely, and accurate analysis and interpretation of all financial reporting to assist the iDE Vietnam Country Director and other managers in achieving objectives.
- Provides timely and accurate financial reporting to iDE’s headquarters office on a monthly basis including analysis of any budget variances and highlighting of any key risks.
- Prepares timely and accurate reporting for donors on required schedules, deliverables and milestones.
- Ensures compliance with Vietnam tax and other statutory reporting requirements, as applicable for the non-profit sector.
- Prepares daily/monthly journal entries and ensures that expenditures are properly, accurately and timely allocated to projects prior to posting in the iDE global financial system.
- Prepares monthly bank reconciliations with bank statements to ensure that all cash disbursed and received was accurately accounted.
- Develops cash flow monitoring tools to efficiently track and improve cash management.
- Ensure monthly revenue recognition is properly recorded and reconciled for all grants and projects.
- Reviews and reconciles intercompany accounts on a monthly basis; communicates with the RFM on any discrepancies.
- Manages and monitors inventory by completing monthly inventory count to ensure that the corresponding physical inventory reconciles the recorded inventory value on the ledger.
- Records properly all inventory sales with the related cost of sales to reconcile inventory movement with the ledger.
- Manages fixed assets schedule to ensure proper recording of depreciation expense of iDE owned assets.
- Manages the annual audit for iDE Vietnam to ensure timely completion of the audit.
- Supports the iDE Vietnam Country Director and other managers in the development of detailed annual work plans and budgets.
- Supports the iDE Vietnam Country Director and other managers in achieving success of country programs by developing forecasts of grant activity on a monthly basis to ensure that resources are properly deployed to optimally support active grants. Ensures that timesheets are properly prepared and reviewed to accurately document and support work efforts on these active grants.
- Maintains effective linkages between technical components and finance and administrative functions within the organization.
- Manages overall accounting and book-keeping for the organizational financial transactions and ensures that financial records are up to date and accurate.
- Provides administrative support to project procurement responsibilities including the management of vendor relationships and ensure compliance with iDE policies and procedures.
- Periodically prepares and proposes updates/amendments to iDE Vietnam’s finance policies and procedures as deemed necessary.
Qualification & skill requirements
- Minimum of Bachelor Degree in Accounting is required. Graduate with a Bachelor or Master’s degree and /or professional qualification in Accounting, Finance, Auditing, or related field is or certification preferred. CPA or Chartered Accountant strongly preferred.
- English and Vietnamese language proficiency both written and spoken is required.
- Minimum of 5 years of related experience with NGOs and/or 10 years of proven relevant experience after graduation.
- Thorough knowledge of and experience in operating advanced Accounting Systems.
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process
- Advanced MS Excel skills including Pivot tables.
- Experience of managing grants/contracts from institutional donors such as USAID, FDCO, EU, Danida, Sida, UN agencies and similar agencies with ability to provide clear guidance on donor policies and procedures to other staff, is strongly preferred.
- Experience of setting up and managing donor compliance monitoring systems, developing and implementing relevant tools.
- Strong financial skills encompassing proposal budgeting, income tracking, budget monitoring, and financial reporting.
- Experience of working in a global team and distance support.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to plan with good organizational skills, including prioritization, and ability to work under pressure.
- Initiative and ability to follow up on issues.
How to apply
- Interested applicants should email a detailed Curriculum Vitae and an Application Letter (both in English) to iDE Vietnam at firstname.lastname@example.org. At least 2 reference contacts should be provided in the Application Letter.
- The closing date for application is 08 August 2021. The recruitment process will start before the closing date, therefore early applications may have an advantage.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Women are actively encouraged to apply. iDE provides a women friendly work environment with flexible work arrangements, appropriate skills development opportunities and good career development potential for high performing individuals. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Employee selection and related decisions are made without regard to gender, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color, or any other protected class.
Post date: 30/07/2021Friedrich Naumann Foundation GGGI
01/08/2021Catholic Relief Services
08/08/2021NGO Climate Change Working Group (CCWG))
06/08/2021NGO Climate Change Working Group (CCWG)
01/08/2021Management and Sustainable Development Institute
10/08/2021U.S. Embassy in Hanoi
Asia for Animals Coalition Assistant - Farm Animals / Animals Asia Animal Welfare Assistant – Farm AnimalsAnimals Asia
15/08/2021Cục Y tế dự phòng
30/07/2021Save the Children
08/08/2021Action On Poverty
National Experts to develop the regulations on environmental industry in the Guiding Decree to the Law on Environmental Protection 2020 in Viet NamHanns Seidel Foundation
International Expert to develop the regulations on environmental industry in the Guiding Decree to the Law on Environmental Protection 2020 in Viet NamHanns Seidel Foundation