Organisation: Woolcock Institute of Medical Research
The Woolcock Institute is lung health research organisation, based at Sydney University, Australia (http://www.woolcock.org.au/). The Institute has operated in Vietnam since 2009, we undertake large and important operational and epidemiological and clinical research projects in collaboration with the National Tuberculosis Program in 11 Provinces, including Ha Noi and Ho Chi Minh City. The Woolcock also runs training in epidemiological and operational research methods for Vietnamese doctors and public health workers.
Currently the Woolcock directly employs 50 full-time staff. We are recruiting a highly qualified and experienced Finance Manager who will be driving the Finance & Accounting operations of the Woolcock Institute.
Location: Hanoi with regular travel to Ho Chi Minh city and Ca Mau, and possibly to project provinces
Duration: 12 months appointment, with consideration for subsequent extension. This position will be starting as soon as possible on full time basis.
- To be responsible for providing financial leadership by proposing enhancements to the financial policies and procedures of the organization to better meet its needs and by supervising the implementation of these policies and procedures across the organization.
- To be responsible for ensuring that projects run by the Woolock and partners follow good business practices and comply with the rules of various funding bodies
Direct report: Country Director, Woolcock Institute of Medical Research, and, through this person to Chief Operating Officer of Woolcock Institute office in Sydney
Key staff working with the project:
- HR and Admin Manager
- Study Managers
- Study officers
Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitoring the day-to-day financial operations. Implementing financial control procedures including:
- submission, checking and approval of expenses claims
- payment of creditors
- receipts for payments received
- Responsible for the monthly end closing process i.e: ensure expenses are recorded to internal accounting system (XERO) with proper cost centres; review the balance sheet reconciliation, general provisions etc.
- Financial budgeting and timely tracking project performance against budgets in collaboration with Country Director and Study Managers. Highlight & provide explanations for significant variances (actual vs. forecast vs. budget).
- Handle annual external audit, tax filing and other statutory reporting for Vietnam entity.
- Act as Compliance agent for the Organization to drive the appropriate implementation of parent organization (Woolcock in Sydney) polices, the requirements our funding partners in Australia and other international jurisdictions.
- To review and propose revisions to the existing policies and procedures
- Internal audit control including management and auditing of assets
- Maintain supporting documents of all financial transactions in hard copies and in cloud-based documentation system
- To train local partners on financial regulations of Woolcock and provide timely support in implementation of these regulations.
- To manage cash flow within the organization to ensure that sufficient funds are available to meet ongoing operational requirements.
- To manage the financial aspects of human resources including
- Payroll, social insurance, other benefits and personal income tax
- Liaise with and timely submit tax reports to Hanoi Tax Department.
- Functional supervision of the team. Be involved in the annual performance appraisal and objective settings of team members. Ensure quality and performance of the team members, provide coaching and training.
- Other job assigned by Country Director.
- ability to work within a team and organise it
- management skills
- strategic planning
- ability to prioritize
- a motivator with good listening skills
- focused, but flexible approach
- willingness to work hard
- knowledge/experience of all relevant guidance/regulations
- ability to pay close attention to detail
- University-level qualification in finance or accounting. Preference will be given to candidates with the Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant designations.
- At least five (5) years of progressive responsible experience in a financial management position with responsibilities as described above
- Experience working with international organizations, such as international non-governmental organizations
- Long-term working resident experience in Vietnam required.
- Fluency in Vietnamese and proficiency in English language including reading, writing and speaking skills.
- Proficiency in using accounting software
- Good knowledge of Vietnamese laws on labor, social & health insurance and personal income tax.
- Detail-oriented with excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team in a strongly collaborative manner.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize tasks and to take initiative.
For interested applicants, please send a cover letter together with a CV (with the name and contact details of at least three senior referees) in English or Vietnamese and scanned copies of your related degrees, no later than 30/09/2021 by submitting the application form in the link as follows: https://airtable.com/shrEHhrmyayGTWOjs
We regret that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Review of applications will start as soon as possible and continue until 30/09/2021, or until the post is filled, whichever is earlier.
03/10/2021British Embassy Hanoi
Mid-level Training Consultants for Mothers and Aunts to Meet the Asian Program Framework and Trainees' CapabilitiesSOS Vietnam
22/09/2021Save the Children
30/09/2021Action to the Community Development Institute (ACDC)
26/09/2021U.S. Embassy in Hanoi
Consultancy service for Baseline Study of Project "Greening Red Cross and Red Crescent Disaster Risk Reduction: Saving Lives through Working with Nature"American Red Cross
10/10/2021U.S. Embassy in Hanoi
24/09/2021American Red Cross
30/09/2021American Red Cross