Announcement Number: HANOI-2022-17
Hiring Agency: Embassy Hanoi
Position Title: Financial Management Analyst
Open Period: 05/09/2022 - 05/16/2022Format MM/DD/YYYY
Vacancy Time Zone: GMT+7
Series/Grade: LE - 0450 8
Salary: USD $16,364
Work Schedule: Full-time - Indefinite subject to successful completion of probationary period
Promotion Potential: LE-8
Duty Location(s): 1 in Hanoi, VM
Telework Eligible: No
For More Info: HR Section
84-24-38505000 Ext: 5127
Incumbent will serve as the principal contact between the Financial Management Center (FMC) and the supported agencies' heads or his/her designated representatives, e.g., executive officer or management officers. The incumbent will independently provide agencies' fund managers the full range of financial management services including budget formulation, financial planning, allotment accounting/budget execution and management advisory functions. He/she will maintain records of proceeds of sale.
Qualifications and Evaluations
EXPERIENCE: At least three years of progressively more responsible work in a program or technical or administrative nature where emphasis is placed on analytical, judgmental, and expository abilities is required.
- Must be familiar with Department of State’s organizational structure and the automated financial management systems used for financial control.
- Must be able to comprehend 3FAM, 4FAM, 6FAM, FAH, Standardized regulations, post policies, and special restrictions that apply to the supported agencies.
- Must also be intimately familiar with the different allotments granted to each serviced agency at Post.
- Must be experienced in accounting and finance to properly understand the complex obligations/liquidations procedure of the U.S.G.
- Must also keep up to date with changes made in Washington to the above. Sound knowledge of general bookkeeping and US generally accepted accounting principles.
Education Requirements: Completion of university level education with a baccalaureate degree in Accounting, Business Administration or Finance is required.
- Good working knowledge in Speaking/Reading/Writing English is required. (This will be tested.)
- Good working knowledge in Speaking/Reading/Writing Vietnamese is required.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Must have:
- Math skills, organizational skills, computer spreadsheet and word processing abilities.
- Ability to advocate the agency head's viewpoints on complex and controversial issues persuasively to headquarters, local mission management, etc. orally and in writing.
- Ability to exercise considerable interpersonal skills in representing supported agency heads, and analytical skills in problem solving and presentation of options.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
Qualifications: All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
Benefits and Other Info
Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Mission in Vietnam may receive a compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources (HR) Office.
The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
How to Apply
How to Apply:
All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a public trust security clearance.
To apply for this position click the “Submit Application” button. For more information on how to apply visit the Mission internet site: https://vn.usembassy.gov/
To qualify based on education, you MUST submit the requested degree and / or transcripts as verification of educational requirement by the closing date of this announcement. Failure to provide requested information, or the information is insufficient to verify eligibility, may result in disqualification for this position.
- Proof of Citizenship
- University Degree
Eligible Family Member Applicants:
- Copy of Sponsor's Orders/Assignment Notification (or equivalent)
- Passport copy
- DD-214 - Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable)
- SF-50 (if applicable)
20/05/2022Save the Children
23/05/2022HelpAge International tại Việt Nam
24/05/2022Save the Children
25/05/2022Save the Children
20/05/2022Save the Children
25/05/2022Trung tâm Nghiên cứu Môi trường và Cộng đồng
23/05/2022The VinaCapital Foundation (VCF)
15/06/2022Embassy of Denmark in Vietnam
20/05/2022Fauna & Flora International
19/05/2022The Alliance of Bioversity International and CIAT