Incumbent of this position will serve as the principal contact between the Financial Management Center (FMC) and the supported agencies’ heads or his/her designated representatives, e.g., executive officer or management officers. The incumbent will independently provide agencies’ fund managers the full range of financial management services including budget formulation, financial planning, allotment accounting/budget execution and management advisory functions. The incumbent will maintain records of proceeds of sale and back up other Financial Management Analysts in their absence.
Qualifications and Evaluations
EXPERIENCE: At least three years of progressively responsible work in a program, technical, or administrative nature where emphasis is placed on analytical, judgmental, and expository abilities is required.
Must be experienced in accounting and finance to properly understand the complex obligations/liquidations procedure of the U.S.G. Must also keep up to date with changes made in Washington to the above. Sound knowledge of general bookkeeping and US generally accepted accounting principles. Must have knowledge of local economy and inflation forecasts in order to adequately confer with agencies on proposed budget levels.
Completion of university level education with a baccalaureate degree in Accounting, Business Administration or Finance is required.
Level 3 (Good working knowledge) Speaking/Reading/Writing English is required. (This will be tested.)
Level 3 (Good working knowledge) Speaking/Reading/Writing Vietnamese is required.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Must have math skills, organizational skills, computer spreadsheet and word processing abilities. Must be skillful in advocating the agency head’s viewpoints on complex and controversial issues persuasively to headquarters, local mission management, etc. orally and in writing. Must be able to exercise considerable interpersonal skills in representing supported agency heads, and analytical skills in problem solving and presentation of options.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
Benefits and Other Info
Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Mission in Vietnam may receive a compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office.
The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
HIRING PREFERENCE SELECTION PROCESS: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
- AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
- AEFM / USEFM
- FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
* IMPORTANT: Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant. The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc.?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link.
How to Apply
All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a Local security or Public trust clearance.
To apply for this position, click the “Submit Application” button. For more information on how to apply, visit the Mission internet site.
Note: The Embassy Human Resources Office is unable to acknowledge the receipt of your documents due to the high volume of applications received. If you do not receive a notification email from ERA within four weeks of the vacancy announcement’s closing day, it is likely that you did not qualify for the position or did not submit a complete package.
Please provide the required documentation listed below with your application
- Copy of Orders/Assignment Notification (or equivalent if you are AEFM / USEFM)
- University Degree
- Vietnamese ID
- Residency and/or Work Permit (If you are not Vietnamese Citizen)
- DD-214 – Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable)
- SF-50 (if applicable)For applicants who are USEFMs, the final grade/step for these positions will be determined by Washington DC. The proposed grade is FP [enter grade and salary.
Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
For further information – the complete position description listing all of the duties, responsibilities, required qualifications, etc. may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources Office.
Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Embassy in Hanoi.
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
31/12/2020Department of Political Affairs and Peace-building (DPPA)
25/01/2021Human Rights Watch
03/01/2021International Crisis Group
31/12/2020Save The Children
15/12/2020Trung tâm Nghiên cứu Môi trường và Cộng đồng ( CECR )
Consultancy Services on Sand and Gravel Extraction/Management Policies, Regulations and Practices in other International River BasinsWWF
Consultant(s) to Conduct Stakeholder and Value Chain Analysis of Sand Value Chain in the Vietnamese Mekong DeltaWWF
11/12/2020CERN - European Organization for Nuclear Research
All year round