The United States Agency for International Development (USAID) Saving Species Program is USAID/Vietnam’s flagship implementation vehicle for combating wildlife trafficking and implemented by Tetra Tech in partnership with Vietnam CITES Management Authority of the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development. The project consists of three tasks:
Task 1: Improve and Harmonize the Legal Framework for Wildlife Crime
This addresses core rule of law and governance weaknesses, supporting trade compliance, increasing clarity regarding overlapping jurisdictions, contradictory or unclear mandates, legal loopholes and weak authorities.
Task 2: Strengthen Wildlife Law Enforcement and Prosecution
Building the capacity of the courts, prosecutors, law enforcement and customs agents, and institutionalizing police and customs countering wildlife trafficking training with particular reference to any new laws and the improved Penal Code.
Task 3: Reduce Consumer Demand for Illegal Wildlife and Wildlife Products
Demand reduction is a primary goal for the combating wildlife trafficking (CWT) Activity; it will ultimately contribute to reducing the economic incentive for poachers and traffickers of illicit wildlife.
USAID Saving Species (USS) is recruiting a Financial Specialist to support to provide financial management support to PMU and CITES MA of project.
Based in the Project Management Unit (PMU) and reporting to the USS Chief of Party in close coordination with the PMU Director, this Financial Specialist will be responsible for the accounting and finance management functions of the counterpart funds primarily and other project funding as needed. S/he will support the PMU and CITES MA to maintain high standards of financial stewardship and compliance with existing regulations of the Government of Vietnam and those of USAID.
Duration: 11 months (from Nov 2020 to Sep 2021)
MAIN TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Monitor accounting and financial systems as required by Vietnam’s regulations and rules on management of ODA projects and maintain them in order to provide appropriate levels of security and controls over the counterpart funds.
- Develop a financial reporting structure for counterpart funds as required by the Vietnam’s regulations.
- Review and update internal control systems regularly.
- Support project closure procedures, ensure all project asset and deliverables are fully completed and handed off.
Accounting and Finance Implementation:
- Ensure only allowable, allocable and reasonable costs are processed; financial transactions are approved and attached with supporting documents.
- Prepare annual budgets, quarterly/annual financial reports and other budget modifications accurately and timely.
- Identify and implement measures to enhance the credibility and objectivity of financial reports.
- Prepare financial summary and analysis to support the PMU and CITES MA’s informed decisions.
- Monitor financial performance against the work plan and inform the PMU and CITES MA’s leadership accomplishments and issues of concern regularly.
- Monitor petty cash and bank accounts to ensure funds availability for activity expenditures.
- Secure and back up both hard and soft copies of transactions on a monthly basis.
- Assist with audit and ensure audit findings are followed up and recommendations are implemented.
- Work closely with the accounting department of Vietnam Administration of Forestry (VNForest) on accounting and disbursement procedures.
- Develop procurement procedures in compliance with existing regulations of the Government of Vietnam; reinforce their implementation for timeliness and cost effectiveness.
- Plan and conduct bidding for service and goods procurements through the counterpart funds;
- Handle the entire process of goods and services procurement including drafting requests for quotation, purchase orders, bid criteria, technical and cost review documents, modifications, negotiation memorandums, receipt documents, receiving goods and services and submitting request for payment.
- Ensure that the procurement-related filing system is maintained audit-ready.
- Prepare, update and maintain CITES MA project-related inventory and their records against fraud, theft and obsolescence.
- Other tasks relevant to the position and in support of USS project objectives as assigned by the PMU’s Director and agreed to by the USS Chief of Party.
SELECTION CRITERIA AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting/ Finance;
- Having a Bidding Certificate would be an advantage;
- Knowledge about or working experience with USAID/ CITES MA/ ODA projects/International-funded projects is an advantage;
- At least 03 years’ experience in accounting or financial management;
- Experience in establishment and monitoring of budgets.
- Knowledge of Vietnam’s accounting administration principles, practical knowledge of financial systems and internal controls.
- Knowledge of accounting theory and financial statements and government tax requirements.
- Strong accounting and finance management skills.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Good team building skills, and ability to work with a minimum of supervision, exercise judgment, meet deadlines and work under pressure.
- Adequate English and Vietnamese, both verbally and in writing.
- Good computer skills (Words, Excel, Access, PowerPoint).
All applicants should be Vietnamese citizens. Interested and qualified candidates should email their cover letter, current curriculum vitae (CV) and 3 references to: info@SavingSpeciesVietnam.org. Subject of the email should include “USAID Saving Species” and the name of the position applying for. Short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview. Selected candidates will be hired as soon as they are available. Compensation will be commensurate with relevant experience.
USAID Saving Species is committed to diversity and gender equality in all of its operations. We encourage applications from women and underrepresented groups.
Deadline for submission of applications: 15 October 2020
- Kênh tài chính, chứng khoán việt nam
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
02/11/2020Samaritan’s Purse International Relief (SPIR)
26/10/2020Quỹ Hỗ trợ Phát triển Thanh niên (FYE)
31/10/2020Quỹ Hỗ trợ Phát triển Thanh niên (FYE)
31/10/2020Quỹ Hỗ trợ Phát triển Thanh niên (FYE)
31/10/2020Woolcock Institute of Medical Research
01/11/2020Save Vietnam's Wildlife