Save the Children’s vision is a world in which every child attains the right to survival, protection, development and participation. Our mission is to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children, and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
Save the Children started our work in Vietnam in 1990, and implements programs in the key thematic areas: Education, Health and Nutrition, Child Protection, Child Rights and Governance, Child Poverty, Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR) and Emergency Response. At present, Vietnam Country Office has programs in 20 out of 63 provinces in Vietnam.
Save the Children in Vietnam continues to develop innovative programming that reflects the overall strategic goal of measurably improving the survival, health, protection and development of Vietnam’s poorest children by strengthening the capacity of women and children, caring adults, communities and partner organizations.
Save the Children is committed to ensuring that all our personnel and programmes are absolutely safe for children.
Child Safeguarding positioning statement:
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
We are looking for a Vietnamese national for:
- Vacancy: Food and Nutrition Security Technical Advisor for JSDF project
- Location: Hanoi
Overall Objectives of the Food and Nutrition Security Technical Advisor
- To provide guidance and facilitate technical support for the project;
- To monitor overall progress of project activities so as to ensure smooth implementation of the project;
Specific Tasks of the Food and Nutrition Security Technical Advisor
To achieve the aforementioned objectives, the Food and Nutrition Security Technical Advisor will carry out the following tasks:
- Provide and facilitate technical expertise and strategic guidance to all project components;
- Support planning, preparing and overseeing project implementation to ensure timely and quality delivery of project activities;
- Monitor the overall progress to ensure the timely delivery of expected outputs and effective integration among activities of both FNS and H&N components, and identify the key technical, social and institutional constraints for improving project implementation;
- Review the inputs/ outputs from each component for the monitoring and reporting and prepare a periodic progress report together with the Project Manager;
- Work with JSDF team and MCH to provide support to the two project provinces in developing nutrition-sensitive agriculture and forestry 5-year plan, based on lesson learnt of the projects;
- Liaise closely with the PPMUs/DITs and ensure the full compliance with the World Bank’s safeguards policy and SCI’s Child Safeguarding Policy together with the Project Manager.
- Assist in documenting lessons learned from project implementation and using for decision making.
- Project interventions and work plan are developed and revised timely together with close integration between FNS and H&N components to achieve the objectives of improving child nutrition status;
- Support to Project Manager is provided in order to ensure that the project is implemented smoothly, tightly followed the plan;
- Expected outputs are delivered timely with quality as planned;
- Project reports (progress reports, financial reports, audit reports, mid-term review report and completion report) are prepared and submitted on time, with high quality and meeting donor’s requirements;
- Project Manager is supported and consulted timely in order to ensure that Project budget is used with high efficiency for project implementation in order to achieve project objectives and should be consistent with policies and regulations of World Bank and SCI;
- Good project partnerships with key stakeholders at higher level including donors, government and national partners are developed and strengthened;
- World Bank’s safeguards policy and SCI’s Child Safeguarding policy are strictly followed during project implementation;
- Lessons learnt from the project are documented and shared, especially nutrition-sensitive agriculture approach to improve child nutrition.
- Master’s degree in public health or agriculture and significant experience in project management
- At least 5-year work experience as technical advisor of a mother and child health/nutrition project.
- Demonstrated capacity in project planning, implementation, and monitoring and evaluation.
- Prior experience working with Save the Children and familiarity with organization’s policies and procedures.
- Experience working with government counterparts and the community with proven results.
- Strong leadership skills, good communication skills and team work, analytical skills and problem solving.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and can stay in the field for extended periods of time
- Fluency in spoken and written English.
- Good computer skills: MS Office required.
Interested consultant(s) should send their profile to Save the Children International in Vietnam via Vietnam.email@example.com.
The closing date for application is 5pm on 10th June, 2020. Applications will be treated in confidence. Due to the volume of applications we receive, only short-listed candidates will be contacted and CVs cannot be returned.
Save the Children is an equal opportunities employer. Our selection processes reflect our commitment to the protection of children from abuse, and our people are as diverse as the challenge we face. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of age, disability, HIV/AIDS status, race, national origin, religion, or sexual orientation.
- Kênh tài chính, chứng khoán việt nam
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
23/07/2020united nations department of operational support (dos)
National Individual Consultancy: Landscape Analysis for Prevention of Overweight Obesity amongst ChildrenUNICEF
13/07/2020World Bank Group
Climate and Sustainable Program Manager, Graphic (Multimedia) Designer, Designer Assistant Intern, Marcom Assistant InternCHANGE
17/07/2020Plan International Vietnam
18/07/2020International Finance Corporation (IFC)
06/07/2020Department of Global Communications
01/08/2020International Potato Center (CIP)
10/07/2020Conciliation Resources (CR)
26/07/2020Department of Management Strategy, Policy and Compliance Business Transformation and Accountability Division
05/08/2020Department of Safety and Security