WWF-Vietnam has developed an aquaculture strategy that focuses on reducing the impacts from aquaculture to maintain the ecological integrity of the Mekong Delta by addressing social, economic and environmental sustainability through WWF’s Aquaculture Improvement Projects (AIP), and Market Transformation Initiative (MTI). WWF encourages large retailers and restaurant chains to adopt responsible seafood procurement policies that call for sourcing responsibly farmed seafood products. Through this approach, WWF-Vietnam also engages with the government to design/revise a regulatory policy that will support a responsible aquaculture industry. Within the DANIDA project (phase 4th) period 2018-2021, we are the following objectives:
Objective 1: A strengthened civil society contributes to improved policies and their implementation in key sectors in terms of improved environmental sustainability, increased social inclusion and economic equity for youth, women and men.
Objective 2: Market-based change mechanisms contribute to sustainable production and consumption with increased social inclusion and economic equity for youth, women and men.
Besides that, WWF-Vietnam signed the agreement with Nothcoast Seafood DK A/S (importer) and TAIKA (exporter) to conduct the project “Introducing cost-sharing for ASC certification of Vietnamese small-scale shrimp farmers in the supply chain for farmed shrimps” in April 2017. The purpose of the project is to ensuring the participation and accountability of seafood buyer and processor in the supply chain for responsible shrimp aquaculture from shrimp farmer cooperatives. The project seeks to establish a cost-sharing model where the expenses of certifying and sustaining ASC certification are shared more evenly between the value chain actors.
We are looking for committed, result-driven candidate for the position Foods Program Officer (Base in Can Tho city, Vietnam):
Major functions: The Programme Officer will provide support to the Project manager / Program Coordinator in the planning, management, implementation, monitoring and reporting of projects’ activities to ensure compliance with the Project Document and WWF’s contractual obligations and ensure close collaboration between the projects and programme’s management, partners and other relevant stakeholders in the project sites.
Key requirements for the role include:
– Bachelor degree on aquaculture, environment, natural resource management, environmental economics, or in relevant fields
– Practical experience as Project Officer in related fields
– Experience in conducting studies and coordinating research activities
– Experience of working with CSOs, SMEs, Government officials, local communities and/or donors at all levels
– Knowledge of aquaculture, conservation, environment and natural resource management issues in Viet Nam, especially in related fields.
– Working knowledge of policy/institutional context in related field in Viet Nam
– Knowledge of the realities of government agencies, development partners, donor institutions, and the not-for-profit sector in the projects
– Knowledge of WWF structure, priorities and procedures as well as WWF’s ecoregional approach to conservation
– Knowledge of M&E methodology, quality assurance
– Good reporting, communications and negotiation skills
– Good planning, organization, time management, facilitation and coordination skills
– Fluency in written and spoken English-
How to apply
Detailed Job Description for the position is posted on http://vietnam.panda.org/
Interested candidates should email a cover letter, curriculum vitae in English and scan/photo of diplomas/
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
“WWF is an equal opportunity employer and committed to having a diverse workforce.”
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
03/01/2021International Crisis Group
31/12/2020Save The Children
Consultant(s) to Conduct Stakeholder and Value Chain Analysis of Sand Value Chain in the Vietnamese Mekong DeltaWWF
11/12/2020CERN - European Organization for Nuclear Research
All year roundWinrock International
11/12/2020World Vision International – Vietnam (WVV)
11/12/2020British Chamber of Commerce Vietnam (BritCham Vietnam)