U.S. Mission Vietnam – U.S. Consulate General in Ho Chi Minh City
FOREIGN NATIONAL STUDENT INTERN PROGRAM
FOREIGN AGRICULTURAL SERVICE INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITY
VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT NUMBER: HoChiMinh-2020-01-Intern
All non-U.S. citizen university student resident in Vietnam
POSITION: Foreign Agricultural Service (FAS) Student Intern
February 28, 2020
March 13, 2020
Part-time (20+ hours/week)
LENGTH OF INTERSHIP PROGRAM:
Six (6) to twelve (12) months
The U.S. Mission Vietnam – U.S. Consulate General in Ho Chi Minh City is seeking two (02) part-time, unpaid university student interns for the Foreign Agricultural Service (FAS).
NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications received, we will only contact applicants who are qualified and will be invited for further testing and/or interview. Thank you for your understanding.
BASIC FUNCTIONS OF POSITION
The FAS Internship program benefits both the U.S. Consulate General and student interns by providing a valuable educational experience to students while assisting the Consulate General accomplish important mission goals.
The FAS Intern will be responsible for: 1) Compiling and drafting internal and external communications and economic reports for relevant stakeholders; 2) Assisting in the development of an office communications strategy; 3) Working with FAS Officers and Specialists to coordinate preparations for U.S. agricultural trade events in Vietnam, including updating contact lists; and, 4) Assisting with translation and other tasks as required. Intern will receive mandatory job training. All duties will be performed in English. For more information about the U.S. Foreign Agricultural Service go to https://www.fas.usda.gov/
Applicants must address each required qualification listed below with specific information supporting each item. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not qualified.
1. Must be currently enrolled as a college/university student in Vietnam.
2. Must have excellent communication skills and ability to work as part of a dynamic team.
3. Must be at least 18 years of age at the time of appointment and a non-U.S. citizen.
4. Level 3 (Good working knowledge) Speaking/Reading/Writing English is required (this will be tested).
ADDITIONAL SELECTION CRITERIA
1. Non-host country foreign nationals who are legal resident students of Vietnam are required to submit the same documentation as the other applicants, and also legal residency permit for consideration.
2. All Student Intern Program applicants must have graduated from high school or equivalent secondary school prior to beginning Foreign National Student Intern Program (FNSIP).
3. If selected, the student must be able to obtain and hold the medical and security certification from the Consulate.
PLEASE NOTE: INTERNS ARE NOT CONSIDERED U.S. CONSULATE GENERAL EMPLOYEES
v The intern will not be considered as a Federal employee.
v There will be NO employment benefits associated with this position: annual leave accrual, sick leave, etc.
v There will be NO compensation or payment.
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for the FNSIP, each applicant must submit the following:
1. Statement of interest (Attached).
2. Gratuitous Service Agreement (Attached).
3. Official transcripts illustrating good academic standing.
4. Written permission from the educational institution.
5. A copy of ID card and student card.
6. Any additional documents (e.g., essays, certificates, awards, copies of degrees earned, etc.) that address the qualification requirements of the position as listed above.
WHERE TO APPLY:
Human Resources Office
E-mail Address: HoChiMinhCityHR@state.gov
More information can be found at:
Foreign Agricultural Service (FAS) Student Intern (02 positions)
Statement of Interest Foreign Agricultural Service (FAS)
Open from Feb 28, 2020 to March 13, 2020 Kênh kiến thức kỹ năng, phát triển bản thân, hướng nghiệp, blog nhân sự