Forestry and Environmental Expert
Special Study on Vietnam Forest and Deltas Program
USAID/Vietnam Learns Contract
Location: Hanoi, Nam Dinh, Thanh Hoa, Nghe An, and Long An, Vietnam
About Social Impact
Social Impact (SI) is a global development management consulting firm which provides monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. In Vietnam, SI is implementing the USAID Learns program to support USAID staff and partners to implement more efficient, effective, and transparent programs. Today, SI seeks a qualified consultant to lead a study on the implementation of the Vietnam Forests and Deltas Program.
** Note: Candidate must live in Vietnam and speak Vietnamese. Priority will be given to Vietnamese citizens, but international experts with relevant experience in the area may also be considered **
The USAID Vietnam Forests and Deltas (VFD) Program (2012 – 2021) supports Vietnam’s transition to more resilient and sustainable development. The first phase of the program (2012-2018) helped put national policies and strategies into practice to respond to climate change, with a focus on the forestry and agriculture sectors, disaster risk reduction, and strengthening rural livelihoods. Since 2018, the program’s second phase has focused on supporting the Government of Vietnam (GVN) to ensure that the payment for forest environmental services (PFES) system—a critical mechanism helping to conserve Vietnam’s forests.
USAID Learns is conducting a special study to collect feedback from local stakeholders on implementation of the program to inform new USAID-funded activities.
Based on relevant document review, interviews with Key Informants, this study will seek to answer the following key questions: From the perspective of program stakeholders:
- What have been the most significant changes as a result of the program?
- What have been the key challenges of program implementation? What lessons can be drawn from these challenges?
- What are the contributing factors to the successes and challenges of the program?
- How has the program contributed to policy change and implementation in Vietnam?
- Key lessons learned and recommendations?
SI is seeking a competent consultant to act as a Forestry and Environmental Expert to conduct this study, with specific activities include, but are not limited to
- A plan that principally identifies qualitative assessment tools and key stakeholders
- Desk research of existing programmatic and MEL documents.
- Key informant interviews with stakeholders, including but not limited to: USAID, provincial government partners, private sector stakeholders and other local actors in project sites);
- Focus group discussions with (direct) current and future beneficiaries of the project intervention
- Analysis and Report writing.
- Kickoff meeting with USAID and VFD (post document review)supported by:
- Outline of the special study plan,
- Confirmed research scope/questions (including agreed changes/adjustments)
- Confirmed list of anticipated Key Informant Interviews.
- Draft Report:
- Complete draft report submitted to USAID in line with the research scope of work.
- Presentation of findings at a reflection event (facilitated with the support of Learns):
- Draft and final presentation slide decks and discussion points
- Final report
- Final copy-edited report, approved by USAID.
Qualifications: Forestry and Environmental Expert
- Expertise in forestry and environment, climate change, payment for ecosystem services, and sustainable development
- At least seven years of experience in evaluation for development projects, specifically in conducting assessments or special studies, and familiarity with related compliance
- Must have experience coordinating with GVN to study USAID programs.
- Fluency in Vietnamese required.
- Fluency in English with demonstrated excellent writing skills required.
- Familiarity with USAID funding mechanisms desired.
- Experience working at project sites is a plus.
Level of Effort (LOE): Up to 20 days.
Expected timeline: Early Jan – April 30, 2021
Come join our energetic and innovative team!? We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
The closing date for application: January 03, 2021. Selection and interview will be performed on a rolling basis, and interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
To apply, please merge both your CV and a cover letter into one word/pdf file and submit it through the online portal.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.Candidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
04/02/2021SOS Children's Villages Vietnam
29/01/2021SOS Children's Villages Vietnam
29/01/2021LIN Center for Community Development
28/01/2021Làng Trẻ Em SOS
29/01/2021Làng Trẻ Em SOS
05/02/2021SOS Children's Villages Vietnam