NEPCon (Nature, Economy and People Connected) is a non-profit organisation that works for sustainable land use and climate-friendly solutions. With 200+ staff around the world, our projects build capacity, raise awareness, conserve nature and streamline sustainability through innovation.
We are currently looking for a passionate colleague with forestry and/or wood industry background to be enrolled in our internal training programme, with the aim of becoming a great auditor in various international sustainability standards.
As a Forestry Supply Chain Specialist, you task will be to impartially evaluate whether the business clients live up to the standards, based on client interviews, client site visits and samples, and to identify conformities as well as any non-conformities related to the standard. You must be able to gather and analyze internal and external information related to the clients and their internal business processes and evaluate them against the standards.
Your main tasks will be to plan, conduct and administer chain-of-custody (i.e. supply chain) audits within the standards of the Forest Stewardship Council® (FSC®) and the Program for the Endorsement of Forest Certification (PEFC), amongst our Vietnamese clients. This includes:
- Planning and executing audits.
- Supporting the coordination and execution of traceability audits in Vietnam.
- Writing audit reports presenting the findings.
- Developing strong technical expertise in FSC FM/COC/CW standards, and keeping up your expertise. We will of course provide the basic training
- Managing questions and disputes related to evaluations and clients.
To be considered for this position you must have a education within the forestry, timber processing or timber trading industry, and on top of that 3+ years of work experience in the sector. You also have experience with sales and marketing, marketing knowledge, and preferably a large network in the relevant industries.
In addition to this,
- You are fluent in Vietnamese and English (our organizational language) and have excellent verbal and written communication skills in both.
- You are a proficient user of the MS Office package (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- You have a good general understanding of administrative IT systems, and the ability to learn to work with new programs fast.
It is an advantage, but not a requirement, that you are already familiar with FSC, traceability standards and have practical experience with auditing.
You will need to find the balance between getting new clients and serving existing clients, and at the same time not compromising the independent role of an auditor. You therefore have a high level of integrity and business ethics combined with customer service skills. On top of that:
- You are an outgoing, open and friendly person, who likes – and are good at – communicating with people on all levels.
- You have an analytical approach, so you are able to identify non-conformity with the standards.
- You possess a high level of self-discipline, an ability to organize and manage yourself and your time, as
- well as making independent decisions, as the nature of the job requires you to work independently (often remotely from your colleagues) and meet deadlines.
- You have good networking and negotiation skills, as well as excellent organizational and planning skills.
- You are comfortable speaking at events.
- You are a constructive team-player and have an open attitude towards other cultures, as we collaborate across borders in our organization.
- You believe in NEPCon’s vision and mission and want to contribute to fulfilling it.
- You have your own car, as this is necessary for client visits.
- You are willing to travel frequently in Vietnam, and occasionally out of the country.
- Work time: 40 hours/week
- The position refers to our Country Manager, Vietnam
- Working location: NEPCon’s office in Vietnam
- Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience
- Expected starting date: as soon as possible
- An exciting and challenging position within a dynamic and innovative international organisation with a mission-driven work atmosphere
- A friendly, international team of colleagues, with a pleasant work environment
- Excellent opportunities for growth and professional development
- All employees are members of the organisation and have the opportunity to contribute to the overall development of NEPCon through the annual General Assembly
- International training in certification services provided by NEPCon
- Potential international travel opportunities.
How to apply?
Please submit your CV and letter of application (in English), including salary expectations, by 10 October 2020 via the application form below.
We will conduct interviews on an ongoing basis until we have identified the right candidate, so send us your application as soon as possible
NEPCon wishes our staff to reflect the diversity of society and thus welcomes applications from all qualified candidates regardless of personal background.
For questions, please contact: Ho Van Cu, Country Manager, Vietnam; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kênh tài chính, chứng khoán việt nam
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
06/10/2020UNOPS - United Nations Office for Project Services
12/10/2020World Food Programme (WFP)
12/10/2020U.S. Embassy in Hanoi
Consultancy Service for Providing Training on Business Planning and Pitching Skills for Start-up Youth/Entrepreneurs in Lao Cai ProvinceAide et Action (AEA)
07/10/2020Save the Children