Oxfam is a global movement of people working together to end the injustice of poverty.
That means we tackle the inequality that keeps people poor. Together we save, protect and rebuild lives. When disaster strikes, we help people build better lives for themselves, and for others. We take on issues like land rights, climate change and discrimination against women. And we won’t stop until every person on the planet can enjoy life free from poverty.
We are an international confederation of 19 organizations (affiliates) working together with partners and local communities in the areas of humanitarian, development and campaigning, in more than 90 countries.
Oxfam in Vietnam is working to seek transformative changes in policies, practices and beliefs in ways that will fundamentally improve the lives of poor and marginalized women and men, and ensure that all citizens have the same opportunity to enjoy their rights.
All our work is led by three core values: Empowerment, Accountability, Inclusiveness. To read more about our values please click here
Oxfam is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behavior at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults. Oxfam expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to
work for us.
Oxfam offers an internship programme for young Vietnamese graduates who are passionate about Oxfam's mission of working with others to overcome poverty, suffering and injustice. Selected interns will provide administrative support to the team, gain essential office skills, and take part in project activities as well as a number of training opportunities. They will gain invaluable working experience that benefits their future employment. Internship contracts last for 12 months.
Oxfam wishes to promote diversity in our team: members of Vietnam's ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and members of other minority groups are particularly encouraged to apply.
Oxfam in Vietnam is seeking a young Vietnamese graduate for the position of Intern for Support Services team. The intern will work under line management of General Admin Officer, in close collaboration with other members in the Support Services team. He/she is expected to gain general knowledge, use common senses and specialized skills to the best of his/her ability to contribute to his/her own and Oxfam’s learning
Full-time, Fixed-term, 1-year contract
General Admin Officer
Staff report to this post:
Vietnam office in Hanoi, with occasional travel
1. Administration and HR support
2. Finance support
- Provide general administrative support including filing, sending and circulating mail, fax; photocopying, travel booking, translating, helping to prepare float accounts etc.
- Provide assistance to Admin Officer (AO) to manage monthly utility usages such as telephones, stationery, etc., ensuring timely payment is made;
- Assist in arranging air/ train tickets and booking for accommodation for Oxfam staff/visitors/consultants/partners;
- Assist in some paper works such as prepare job advertisement follow Oxfam template; logistic for recruitment/ training/ workshops/ meeting and field trips;
- Draft intern/consultant contracts;
- Assist in record leave for staffs, calculate internship allowance;
- Assist to maintain record of use of Oxfam Vietnam assets.
Skills, experience and knowledge
- Provide assistance to Finance Coordinator (FO) to prepare payment orders, filing financial documents in order; input the transactions onto bank book;
- Assist Programme Finance Officer (PFO) in collecting data and preparing donor report if required;
- Support the organization and implementation of business support team’s activities include but not limit in Finance, HR, IT and Admin’s works;
- Travel to field if required;
- Perform others tasks as requested.
- University graduates
- Very good spoken and written English and Vietnamese;
- Good computer skills (MS Word, MS Excel, Ms Outlook, PowerPoint);
- Good communication skills;
- Ability to work independently as well as in the team;
- Strong motivation for learning about development work;
- Willingness to travel, if required.
monthly allowance of VND3,000,000, plus lunch allowance and accident insurance covered for the employment period.
How to apply
Interested candidates can send your application including motivation letter and curriculum vitae and mentioning reference number INTSS201101
in the subject mail to HR.Vietnam@oxfam.org.
The closing date for application: 22nd November 2020