Job Title: Fundraising and Partnership Coordinator (full time)
Location: Ho Chi Minh City
Reported to: Executive Director & Managing Director
Weekly Hrs: 40 hours
Compensation and Benefits: Subject to negotiation
Basic Job Description:
The Fundraising and Partnership Coordinator will develop and implement fundraising initiatives that maximize income and raise awareness of CHANGE's environmental work. The role will focus on strengthening relationships with donors and supporters, recruiting new donors, and researching and applying for grants.
She/he will develop and maximize income from new and existing fundraising streams, including but not limited to grant proposals, community fundraising, individual giving, and corporate partnership. She/he will manage and implement new fundraising initiatives and achieve their income targets; act as a fundraising advocate in the local community and attend networking events; develop and maintain critical relationships, particularly within organizations and companies.
Tasks and responsibilities
The fundraiser will be required to perform tasks, but not limited to, as follows:
1. To communicate with partners, donors, and supporters to promote the organizational causes and goals (20%)
- Involve in the development of narratives and stories that best suit CHANGE’s brand image, vision, and mission among different groups of target audience via different channels;
- Develop and execute communication materials to engage donors, prospects, and supporters via newsletters, Facebook posts, etc.
- Update a database of donors, prospects, and supporters whose contacts are acquired from different teams and sources;
- Attend fairs, conferences, and networking events to promote organizational causes and goals.
2. To prospect, cultivate and steward partners, donors, supporters (25%)
- Conduct research to identify prospective corporations in support of corresponding themes of campaigns;
- Conduct research to identify the requirements, goals, and interests of prospects;
- Contact prospect through emails or phone to send over proposals for consideration, to establish rapport, and set up meetings if potential;
- Develop proposals and prepare PowerPoint presentations;
- Attend conferences, meetings, and industry events to promote organizational goals or solicit sponsorships;
- Write letters of thanks to sponsors and maintain fruitful relationships with them after campaigns;
- Produce gifts to present partners, donors, supporters on special occasions.
3. To organize activities and campaigns to increase brand awareness, raise funds and gather monetary or in-kind donations for the organization (30%)
- Develop content and execute events to raise donations for the organization;
- Collaborate with event agents to organize some important annual events of the organization;
- Manage current channels for online fundraising (CHANGE website, fan pages, global FR platforms, Paypal, etc.) and explore new platforms.
- Recruit sponsors, participants, or volunteers for fundraising events;
- Prepare materials, such as merchandise, bid sheets or gift bags, etc.
- Coordinate transport or delivery of materials, supplies, or donations for fundraising events.
- Work with CHANGE’s Program Team to develop and implement initiatives and activities for partners engagement (with businesses, schools …), both for fundraising and program’s goals.
4. To develop grant proposals and apply to available funding opportunities in both public and private sector with the help of the Directors (15%)
- Develop and compile materials to submit proposals to granting and other funding organizations;
- Conduct research to identify the requirements, goals, net worth of funding opportunities, and history of successful projects;
- Develop relationships, correspond, and collaborate with key stakeholders in connection to grantors;
- Maintain records in the internal restoration system.
5. To manage Fundraising and Partnership team (to be recruited) (10%)
- Develop annual strategy, work plan, KPIs, and budget, for FR and Partnership work, to be approved by the Executive Director
- Support other tasks required by Directors and the needs of the organization
- University degree in Finance, Economics, Public Relations, Communications, Social Work, Community Development, and other related fields.
- Work experience
- Minimum 2 years experience working in fundraising and leading successful fundraising campaigns and initiatives;
- Community development project working experience is preferable.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with demonstrable ability to build relationships and influence, both internally and externally;
- Excellent telephone manner, able to present a warm, friendly, but efficient and professional image of the organization;
- Excellent cross-cultural and cross-sectoral skills to work with both native and foreign prospects;
- Excellent English language skills in writing & speaking;
- Excellent proposal writing skills;
- Strong leadership and organizational skills;
- Good at project designing and planning;
- Good budget management skill;
- Good skills in computer use;
- Good understanding of philanthropy work in Vietnam
- Preferred additional skills: designing, making videos, a sense of aesthetics, SEO, Google Ads, Facebook Ads.
Attitude & Qualities:
- Outspoken, sociable, and responsive;
- Teamwork spirit;
- Truthful and accountable;
- Passionate about social and environmental issues;
- Scrupulous and detail-oriented to deal with grants’ requirements and have effective communication with prospects and supporters;
- Self-motivating and positive when encountering difficulties, challenges, and conflicts;
- Assertive and confident to contribute personal opinions and ideas;
- Willing to work overtime to complete assignments;
- Creative in work.
- All compensations and benefits regulated by Vietnam’s laws;
- Frequent opportunities for training, seminars, and workshops to increase your capacity;
- Opportunities to expand your social and professional networks and life experiences;
- Great opportunity to work with reputable partners;
- Improve skills and experiences in the non-profit sector
- Hands-on and immersive experiences to develop and implement work for good causes;
- Good springboard to apply for scholarships to study abroad;
- Retreats and fun celebrations with the team.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to send their application (including a Letter of Motivation and a CV with desired salary) to Human Resource Division via the email address firstname.lastname@example.org by 15th April 2021.
Email subject: [CHANGE] Position_Full name.
15/12/2021The U.S Embassy Hanoi
10/12/2021The U.S Embassy Hanoi
13/12/2021The U.S. Mission to Vietnam
12/12/2021SOS Children’s Villages International
30/12/2021SOS Children’s Villages International
21/12/2021Save the Children
09/12/2021UNICEF - United Nations Children’s Fund
09/12/2021Save the Children
06/12/2021WHO - World Health Organization
10/12/2021Làng Trẻ Em SOS Việt Nam
08/12/2021Save Vietnam's Wildlife (SVW)
07/12/2021SOS Children’s Villages International
13/12/2021WHO - World Health Organization