SAIGONCHILDREN – ORGANISATION PROFILE
Saigonchildren is a UK registered charity working exclusively in Vietnam, our mission is to remove barriers to education in Vietnam. Education is the most lasting and effective way we can help children and their families to escape from the cycle of poverty. It represents an investment in the children and in the future of Vietnam.
Everything we do helps children and young people learn and stay in education for longer, significantly improving life for themselves and their families through greater earnings and improved security.
We do that through our four main programmes: school building, scholarships, vocational support, and special needs education. Each day tens of thousands of children go to study in a public school built by saigonchildren – from the far south to the far north of Vietnam.
We also award educational and vocational training scholarships to children for whom family poverty would otherwise prevent them from continuing in education. We also run Vietnam’s leading autism education initiative and support many more special needs education projects for children with challenges including cerebral palsy, sight loss, and congenital birth defects. Join a team that is creative and always seeking to find innovative solutions to support many more children in need.
The fundraising and communications officer is a member of the fundraising and communications department reporting to Head of Fundraising and Communications (HFC).
You will work in close harmony with the HFC as well as other key saigonchildren senior managers such as the Director, the Head of Programmes, and especially Program Managers and Officers.
The post holder’s principle responsibilities include:
Communication : Collecting and creating content for our focus on stories from beneficiaries – Social media content creation and engagement of the community across all channels (Linkedin, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok) – Content creation and engagement of monthly donors community – Monthly reporting of social media engagement
Fundraising – Support communication with sponsorships donors – Support administration for any in-kind donation – Support communication with new donors – Animation of peer to peer fundraiser community – Sales annual campaign (Christmas card and calendar project) – Monthly reporting of individual giving.
Volunteers coordination – Recruitment of new volunteers – On-boarding of new volunteers – Animation of volunteer’s team
Others Other tasks are required by the HFC to fulfil department’s objectives.
This role would suit someone who is organised and also outgoing, willing to talk with “strangers”. The Fundraising and Communication Officer needs to be fluent in English and must have an eye for detail. The post-holder will have interest in social media strategies and digital marketing, copywriting skills and a strong sense of compassion for others and a desire to help children and communities. You will also need to be computer literate and have experience of presenting one-to-one and to groups of people. Core staff responsibilities We work as a team where responsibilities and work are shared across the team. Developing relationships and networks with potential donors and with event participants is essential, as is ensuring events are delivered to saigonchildren standards on deadline. There will therefore be a need for some weekend and evening work in this role.
Internal relationships As a key member of the saigonchildren team you will also need to liaise closely with all of your colleagues, specifically:
1 Programme departments
• Liaise regularly with Programme Managers, Head of Programmes to check latest project needs and developments.
• Work with programme department to develop effective project funding proposals.
• Remind and support programme with reporting and renewal proposals to donors and sponsors on time.
2 Admin & Finance department
• Regular forecasting and recording of income and checking income.
• Sales ordering and invoicing.
• Following-up income.
• Co-operating to chase bad debts.
Working place: 59 Tran Quoc Thao Street, Ward 7, District 3, HCMC
- Vietnamese national with a university degree
- Interest in digital marketing
- Interest in social media strategy
- Copywriting skills
- Possess these skills: self-management and have a can-do attitude, you are looking for solutions rather than listing all the difficulties.
- Creative spirit
- Excellent verbal and good written communication skills (in English and Vietnamese)
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office Tools
- This position is for Vietnamese only.
Deadline: Please submit resume and cover letter to Ms. Kim Phung at firstname.lastname@example.org with subject mail: [Saigon Children’s Charity 1120] Fundraising and communication officer -Full name
DEADLINE: 22nd November 2020
We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
09/12/2020British Chamber of Commerce Vietnam (BritCham Vietnam)
25/12/2020Save the Children
15/12/2020World Wildlife Fund (WWF) - Vietnam
06/12/2020The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB)
02/12/2020Làng Trẻ SOS Việt Nam
03/12/2020The Hinrich Foundation
04/12/2020The Vietnam Foundation