Save the Children International has an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as the Fundraising Data Analyst at any existing Save the Children International office location.
Save the Children International (SCI) is looking for an intelligent and hard working data analyst to join our Market Intelligence team. This person will analyse and visualise global fundraising data with the objective of presenting clear data-driven insights that can be used to make informed business decisions. SCI collect and analyse data from our members around the world, when combined is used to:
- Provide a single view of the organisations performance and cross market comparisons
- Help our members evaluate the effectiveness of their fundraising programmes
- Enhance global fundraising strategy
- Identify trends in donor giving behaviour
- Spot opportunities for growth
- Support our global fundraising specialist’s decision-making
- Benchmark funding performance against our own members and that of other INGOs
- Create a long-term view of fundraising performance and determine where to Increase or reduce investment
- Generate predictive models using statistical analysis
The role will involve presenting findings to fundraising leaders around the world in a simplified and engaging way. As the Fundraising Data Analyst you will become an expert on fundraising and data driven decision-making, helping to raise more money for children.
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside of the normal job description and be able to vary work hours accordingly.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
Essential Skills & Experience
- Fluent in English
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal
- Degree in maths/computing/marketing or any of the social sciences or any other relevant professional qualification
- 1-2 years’ experience as a data/marketing analyst in a large organisation or agency
- A passion for data and highly developed analytical skills
- The ability to capture and document user requirements and convert into a project brief
- Understanding of marketing/fundraising techniques and KPIs, in particular in the area of individual giving
- The ability to analyse marketing and financial data and produce effective management information
- An ability to create engaging and action-oriented reports to communicate information from budgeting, reporting and benchmarking exercises
- Excellent problem solver with the ability to think strategically
- Exceptional project and time management skills
- Meticulous attention to details
Mandatory Technical Expertise
- Familiar with Power BI or any other Business Intelligence tools used in the sector
- Advanced Microsoft Excel/Word & PowerPoint including the use of Macros, Pivot Tables and producing graphs
- At least 1 year using SQL Server 2012 or newer to input, manipulate, enhance and query large volumes of data
- SQL Server Query optimisation
- Experience building and maintaining relational database tables
Desired Skills and Experience
- Have worked in and analysed data for an international organisation
- Experience in measuring and monitoring the effectiveness of Individual Giving strategies and plans
- Have previously mentored or trained other members of staff on process and procedures
- Experience manipulating data using FastStats
- Knowledge of one or more programming languages - Ideally VBA, Python or R
- Have performed and managed organisation benchmarking projects
- Proven experience writing and delivering presentations to large groups of people
- Exposure to at least one fundraising CRM system and knowledge of the data table architecture
- Experience building statistical models and decision trees
- French or Spanish speaking
We can offer circa £40,000 per annum (If based in UK) with an option of flexible working hours. If the role is based outside of the UK, National T&C (including pay) will apply.
This role can be based in any existing Save the Children International Regional or Country office location on approval, provided the successful candidate has proof of eligibility to work from the preferred location.
Where we Work - Where We Work | Save the Children International
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers/apply
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Save the Children does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
DEADLINE 17 December 2022
28/01/2022Education for Nature - Viet Nam (ENV)
28/02/2022Vietnam Public Health Association (VPHA)
04/03/2022WHO - World Health Organization
28/01/2022Save The Children International
27/01/2022Save The Children International
21/01/2022Oxfam in Vietnam
06/02/2022Save the Children
30/01/2022Save the Children
27/01/2022Save the Children
10/02/2022Save the Children
26/01/2022Managament and Sustainable Developement Institute (MSD)