Job Title: Fundraising Manager
Reports to: Head of Fundraising and Communications
SAIGONCHILDREN – ORGANISATION PROFILE
Saigonchildren is a UK registered charity working exclusively in Vietnam, our mission is to remove barriers to education in Vietnam.
Education is the most lasting and effective way we can help children and their families to escape from the cycle of poverty. It represents an investment in the children and in the future of Vietnam.
Everything we do helps children and young people learn and stay in education for longer, significantly improving life for themselves and their families through greater earnings and improved security.
We do that through our four main programmes: school building, scholarships, vocational support, and special needs education. Each day tens of thousands of children go to study in a public school built by saigonchildren - from the far south to the far north of Vietnam.
We also award educational and vocational training scholarships to children for whom family poverty would otherwise prevent them from continuing in education.
We also run Vietnam's leading autism education initiative and support many more special needs education projects for children with challenges including cerebral palsy, sight loss, and congenital birth defects.
Join a team that is creative and always seeking to find innovative solutions to support many more children in need.
KEY ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Fundraising Manager is a member of Fundraising and Communications Department reporting to Head of Fundraising & Communications. You will work with the to Head of Fundraising & Communications, the senior Fundraising Manager, as well as other key saigonchildren senior managers such as the Director, the Head of Programmes, and especially Program Manager and Officer.
The post holder’s principle responsibilities include:
1. Provide inputs to to Head of Fundraising & Communications in developing an annual Fundraising plan that includes a. Recommendations to meet annual agreed income and expenditure targets b. Insights on how to maintain relationships with past and current donors c. Presentation of new opportunities of revenue d. Solution to enable others within saigonchildren to communicate and fundraise
2. Maintain existing donors’ relationships, and renew their sponsorships including preparing Project Proposals
3. Research, identify and secure new donors and funding sources within and external to Vietnam for saigonchildren’s programmes and for unrestricted funding.
4. Produce funding proposals for potential donors and grant providers.
5. Produce Funding Agreements for donors and funding partners.
6. Conduct fundraising on a project-by-project basis, when required.
1. Provide inputs and support to execute all events if requested
Donor Relationship Management
1. Help to maintain, develop donors’ relationships and find new donors.
2. Produce with frequent updates on Donors’ Profiles and History of sponsorship with saigonchildren.
3. Provide inputs and help in maintaining and developing Donors’ database.
1. We are fortunate to have many volunteers who offer to help with everything from translation, programmes’ activities, to updating the database. We are keen to ensure that they find their commitment not only useful and absorbing but positive too. Managing them is an important function for the FC Manager. Policy and guidelines are in place to help manage this with the Head of Finance and Administration.
Other tasks are required by the to Head of Fundraising & Communications to fulfil department’s objectives.
This role would suit someone who is organised and also outgoing, willing to talk with “strangers” and solicit for sponsorship either on call or face to face. The Fundraising Manager needs to be fluent in English and must have an eye for detail. You will be working with major companies, foundations, and senior representatives in those organisations. These will be both in Vietnam and in other countries around the world. You will therefore need to be enjoy building relationships.
The post-holder will have had experience in sales, or account management, or marketing, or fundraising capacity and will bring a strong sense of compassion for others and a desire to help children and communities.
You will also need to be “presentations” literate (Canva, power point) and have experience of presenting one-to-one and to groups of people.Required:
- Vietnamese national with a university degree
- A minimum of three years of work experience
- Experience in sales, or marketing, or fundraising, or account management
- Demonstrated skills to close deals and expand network
- Possess these skills: Time management, negotiation, self-management and have a can-do attitude
- Excellent verbal and good written communication skills (in English and Vietnamese)
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office Tools
Working place: 59 Tran Quoc Thao, Ward 7, District 3, HCMC Working time: Monday to Friday Starting from May 2021.
Core staff responsibilities
The Fundraising Manager will work closely with 5 other core team members. We work as a team where responsibilities and work are shared on a project-by-project basis and where we cover each other when needed. Developing relationships and networks with potential donors and with event participants is essential. There will therefore be a need for some weekend and evening work in this role.
Internal relationships As a key member of the saigonchildren team you will also need to liaise closely with all of your colleagues, specifically:
1 Programme departments
- Liaise regularly with Programme Managers, Head of Programmes to check latest project needs and developments.
- Work with programme department to develop effective project funding proposals.
- Remind and support programme with reporting and renewal proposals to donors and sponsors on time.
2 Admin & Finance department
- Collaborate with Admin & Finance to build the fundraising budget.
- Regular forecasting and recording of income and checking income.
- Sales ordering and invoicing.
- Following-up income.
- Co-operating to chase bad debts.
Deadline: Please submit resume and cover letter to Ms. Kim Phung at firstname.lastname@example.org by 15th April 2021
We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
24/10/2021Preferred by Nature,
30/10/2021Mekong River Commission (MRC)
29/10/2021Mekong River Commission (MRC)
Consultant for Data Analysis for the project “Strengthening access to online skills training for young workers in Viet NamIOM
22/10/2021Friedrich Naumann Foundation for Freedom (FNF)
24/10/2021Save Vietnam's WIldlife
All year roundMCNV
25/10/2021Faro Recruitment Vietnam
12/12/2021Faro Recruitment Vietnam
Consultancy to Study the Feasibility and Create a “Turnkey” Bakery Business Concept for Young EntrepreneursIECD
25/10/2021Trung tâm Nghiên cứu và Ứng dụng Khoa học về Giới – Gia đình – Phụ nữ và Vị thành niên (CSAGA)