Développement International Desjardins (DID) is a non-government-organization which belongs to Desjardins Group in Canada. It was established with a mission to support the cooperative credit model in the world in general and in Vietnam in particular. It has implemented several projects in Vietnam since 1993 to assist the People’s Credit Fund network in its establishment and development.
In 2015, DID in collaboration with the Cooperative Bank of Vietnam proposed a project to support strengthening the People’s Credit Fund network in Vietnam to Global Affairs Canada (GAC). The project was approved by GAC. The project name is “Strengthening the People’s Credit Funds network (STEP)”.
We are looking for a Gender equality and financial inclusion (GEFI) officer with the specific requirements below.
Interested applicants are requested to submit their CVs and a cover letter indicated their motivation and relevance for the job and the expected remuneration by email to email@example.com. The submission deadline is 4:00 PM, 27th November 2020, Hanoi time.
I. General Information
Job title: Gender Equality and Financial Inclusion Officer (GEFI Officer)
Supervised by/Reports to: Technical Advisor / Field Project Director
Category: Full-Time National Staff
Duty station: Hanoi with occasional travel to STEP provinces in Vietnam
II. Scope of Work/General Objectives
The Gender Equality and Financial Inclusion Officer will work under the direct supervision of the Technical Advisor and report periodically to the Field Project Director on the achievement status of the strategic objectives underlying the position. S/he ensures the realization of the project targets and the execution of the deliverables relating to the financial empowerment of entrepreneurs and the Gender Equality Strategy (GES) with a focus on challenges faced by the Vietnamese rural women entrepreneurs. The GEFI Officer will assist and support the STEP team, partner institutions and other relevant stakeholders in the development, design and implementation of various capacity-building activities targeting small entrepreneurs with a focus on fostering women entrepreneur’s leadership and autonomy. S/he will participate in developing and designing practical tools and training and awareness-raising materials, as well as facilitate workshops on self-empowerment key behaviors. When required, S/he will assist the Gender Equality and working at DID head office in coordinating the activities in link with the institutional strategy in gender equality. S/he will monitor and evaluate Gender Equality and Financial Inclusion the progress of activities.
III. Specific Qualifications/Experiences
- Bachelor’s Degree in economics, gender & social studies, rural development, education, or other relevant discipline (required)
- Minimum three (3) years of experience related to the development and implementation of strategies and field activities aiming the empowerment of small entrepreneurs, and more specifically women entrepreneurs living in rural areas (required).
- Experience as trainer, facilitator, coach, or mentor involved in the transfer of knowledge, skills, and tools to individuals and/or organizations (required)
- Experience working in the field of gender equality advocacy, particularly with the women clientele of small financial institutions (preferable)
- Experience in the design and dissemination of online tools to inform and capacitate small entrepreneurs (preferable)
- Experience in working in a banking and financial inclusion sector, multicultural environment and with many stakeholders from different horizons, including national & subnational government agencies, private sector organizations and non-state-related actors such as civil society and community groups (preferable)
- Fully proficient English skills in reading, writing, listening, and speaking.
- Ability to interpret/translate English Vietnamese or vice versa with accuracy.
- Ability to transfer expertise, compose concise concept notes and articles for Vietnamese and international audiences
- Strong planning and time management skills in a way that workload and priorities are properly managed to meet strict deadlines in a complex work environment
- Good leadership, influencing, decision making and conflict resolution skills
- Strong representational and networking skills
- Result oriented, organized, patient, dedicated and tactful
- Proactive and “out-of-the-box” mindset
- Positive and solution-oriented attitude even when faced with, ambiguous situations where clear and sufficient information is not always readily available
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Availability to travel within the country for durations varying from 3 to 5 consecutive business days.
V. Other Working Requirements
Perform other job-related tasks not specifically described in this job description upon mutual agreement with the Field Project Director. When required, the GEFI Officer will be available to travel within Vietnam to the provinces in which STEP is active.
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
15/12/2020United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
14/12/2020Center for Education Promotion and Empowerment of Women – CEPEW