Consultancy– 60 days
Deadline for submission: 21 February 2020
Terms of Reference
Human trafficking is a global crime and a complex, trans-national problem that requires multi-disciplinary, cross-border solutions. Asia accounts for more than half the world’s population and the majority of detected trafficked persons.
The USAID-funded Asia Counter Trafficking in Persons (CTIP) program (USAID Asia CTIP, 2016-2021) brings together governments, civil society and business to support regional initiatives that aim to reduce trafficking in persons. The program focuses on strengthened learning around trafficking in persons; enhanced cooperation between various sectors in source, transit and destination countries; and increased opportunities for private sector leadership to address the problem.
USAID Asia CTIP is looking for a gender equality and social inclusion (GESI) expert for a short-term consultancy to develop GESI guidelines, tools, and capacity building for program staff and partners in in Asia (Bangladesh, Nepal, Lao PDR, Central Asia, Thailand and Cambodia).
The consultant will support the USAID Asia CTIP project to gather lessons learned from CTIP projects in Asia to develop a GESI toolkit to help staff and partners throughout the CTIP design, monitoring and evaluation processes. The consultant will develop the toolkit through a participatory process, in consultation with CTIP projects in Asia and other stakeholders in the region, aiming at developing practical tools tailored to the regional context and to CTIP activities. USAID Asia CTIP will facilitate the coordination and provide guidance on CTIP and USAID requirements.
Applicants for this position should demonstrate experience in working in the Asian region and providing capacity building to local NGOs in Asia; familiarity with counter-trafficking, migration, forced labor, or other and in developing GESI tools for NGOs.
The consultant will need to travel in the region (Thailand, Bangladesh, Nepal, Lao PDR and Cambodia) and coordinate 2/3 meetings in Bangkok.
Anticipated length of assignment: 60 days
Anticipated starting date: March 2020
Post of assignment: home-based with travels within the region (expected 50% of time in SA-SEA)
Reporting to: USAID Asia CTIP
The GESI Expert consultant is responsible for:
- Conducting an assessment of current GESI practices for counter trafficking programming in consultation with the USAID Asia CTIP team;
- Traveling to USAID-funded CTIP projects in Asia and/or facilitating regional coordination meetings to gather lesson learned and best practices on gender equity and social inclusion;
- Draft guidelines and tools for gender and social inclusion to be used for civil society capacity building in CTIP programming; and
- Test GESI toolkit and revise based on initial feedback.
- Master’s Degree in Gender Studies, Social Science, Law, Political Science, Sociology and other related disciplines.
- Promotes sharing of knowledge and experience;
- Good practical knowledge of inter-disciplinary development issues;
- Ability to go beyond established procedures and models, propose new approaches which expand the range of projects;
- Has experience working with Monitoring and Evaluation tools;
- Possesses basic knowledge of USAID guidelines on GESI;
- Demonstrates good knowledge of development issues in Asia;
- Knowledge of TIP/migration in Asia a plus.
- At least five years of progressive experience in gender equality, social inclusion and capacity building is required;
- Experience working internationally, preferably in South or Southeast Asia;
- Previous experience of working on a similar assignment is required, including field-based experience, preferably in the area of countering trafficking-in-persons, migration, or forced labor;
- Experience conducting assessments and developing guidelines and tools;
- Experienced in delivering training and other needed capacity building support to a wide range of stakeholders, including local NGOs in Asia; and
- Demonstrated skills on preparing quality reports and other knowledge products.
- Fluent in English;
- Knowledge of local languages will be considered as an advantage.
DELIVERABLES AND LOE:
- Activity timeline:2 days
- Consultations with country projects and regional stakeholders to gather inputs and asses needs to develop the tools (the meetings may be online or in person, to be decided after initial assessment):12 days
- Draft tools for inclusive development analysis, GESI plan, M&E indicators and tools and capacity building programs, tailored for the regional context, TIP programs and compliant with USAID approach on GESI:18 days
- Regional meeting to present draft tools and finalize:6 days
- Finalized tools:16 days
- Learning Action Brief on the process with attached tools:6 days
To apply, please send a C.V., a cover letter of maximum one page to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only finalists will be contacted for interviews.
Winrock is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and value diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law.
More information can be found at: https://www.winrock.org/join-us/careers/job-openings/?gh_jid=4582914002Candidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
12/02/2021Center for Community Health Research and Development (CCRD)
04/02/2021SOS Children's Villages Vietnam
29/01/2021SOS Children's Villages Vietnam
29/01/2021LIN Center for Community Development
28/01/2021Làng Trẻ Em SOS