Job Title: Gender Equity and Social Inclusion (GESI) Specialist
Project: The USAID Vietnam Sustainable Forest Management Project
Reports to: Field team Director
Location: Hanoi with travel to field
Date: June 2021
DAI Organization and Values
DAI is a global development company with corporate offices in the United States, the United Kingdom, EU, Nigeria, Pakistan, and Palestine and project operations worldwide. We tackle fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability. DAI works on the frontlines of global development. Transforming ideas into action—action into impact. We are committed to shaping a more livable world.
DAI and its employees are committed to confronting racism and holding ourselves accountable for positive change within the company and in the communities, cultures, and countries in which we live and work. DAI is committed to attracting and retaining the best employees from all races and backgrounds in our continued effort to become a better development partner.
DAI upholds the highest ethical standards. We are committed to the prevention of sexual exploitation, abuse, and harassment as well as other ethical breaches. All of our positions are therefore subject to stringent vetting and reference checks.
Overview of the Position:
In the context of climate change, the USAID Sustainable Forest Management Project (the Project) plays an important role to reduce emission from deforestation, forest degradation, and poor timber plantation management practices. DAI Global LLC and partners will implement this Project in seven provinces in Vietnam (Lao Cai, Son La, Hoa Binh, Thanh Hoa, Nghe An, Quang Tri, and Quang Nam) in the period of 2020 – 2025. The objectives are being achieved by (1) Improving and expanding community forest management; (2) Increasing conservation-friendly enterprises in forest dependent communities; (3) Increasing functionality of law enforcement systems against forest crimes; (4) Improving production forest management practices; and (5) Mobilizing domestic resources for forest management and protection.
The GESI Specialist will lead the implementation of gender equity and social inclusion (GESI) strategy and plan for the Project that upholds USAID gender policies. He/she will work with other technical specialists in developing the system for the consolidation and analysis of sex-disaggregated and other demographic data and identifying potential socio-economic impacts on project activities. He/she will provide training or guidance to teams in integrating of GESI, and engagement of women, persons with disabilities, and ethnic minorities in technical work and organizing capacity-building interventions for the Project staff and partners on gender policies and other related concerns.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Lead implementation of GESI Strategy, including the Action Plan that upholds USAID and Vietnam government gender policies.
- Establish objectives, gender integration and interventions, ensuring mainstreaming of interventions/strategies into the Project Work Plan and activities.
- Work with the MEL Director to ensure that gender and social inclusion mainstreaming are adequately represented in the MEL plan.
- Build capacity in GESI of the Project team and partners, including participating farmers and the private sector.
- Identify GESI focal points in each provincial office of the Project to be the local team champions for GESI at provincial level.
- Periodically review and update the GESI strategy to consider priority activities in annual workplans, expansion of the Project sites, and learnings from past gender mainstreaming activities.
- Carry out participatory gender analysis of specific Project target groups/communities (or for specific activities such as field research) and recommend measures to address critical needs of men and women and remove barriers to achieving gender equity and women empowerment in the Project-supported and other activities.
- Provide periodic analysis of project impact on ethnic minorities in target provinces, advising the team on inclusion of ethnic minority community considerations in program design.
- Develop appropriate tools, protocols and for use of technical teams in the development, implementation and documentation of mainstreaming actions in the Project technical assistance activities.
- Produce case studies and success stories of gender mainstreaming and social inclusion within the Project activities.
- As needed, review activity designs and outputs, or observe processes where mainstreaming interventions are to be implemented.
- Other tasks required.
- B.A. or B.S. Degree required (Master Degree is preferred).
- At least 10 years of relevant experience in gender mainstreaming, social analysis, indigenous peoples safeguard policy application and in social development planning and implementation, including international development experience.
- Experience working on gender mainstreaming and social inclusion in the environment sector preferred.
- Strong multidisciplinary competence combined with substantial experience in safeguard policies, social development and related capacity building.
- Working knowledge of the operations and international development organization and the Vietnamese government.
- Experience in application of policies and procedures for social safeguards.
- Strong analytical, negotiation, interpersonal and communication, and multidisciplinary skills.
- An energetic, forward-thinking and creative individual with high ethical standards and appropriate professional image.
- An extremely well organized and self-directed individual with sound technical skills, good judgment, and strong operational focus.
- Excellent writing and speaking in English required.
How to apply and requested documents
Interested candidates are requested to submit:
- A CV in English
- A cover letter in English indicating why they are suitable for this position
- Scanned copy of related degrees
via email to our recruitment team at VietnamSFM@dai.com. Please quote the position title in the subject line: “Application for GESI Specialist”
Deadline for application: 5.00pm (Hanoi time), June 30, 2021
To learn more about DAI, please visit our website www.dai.com.
DAI is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a commitment to diversity. DAI does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, parental status, veteran status, or other non-merit factor.Candidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position Du lịch nhật bản, hướng dẫn du lịch Nhật và đánh giá địa điểm Nhật Bản Japan travel news, japan travel guides, japan holiday destinations and japan reviews
01/08/2021Catholic Relief Services
08/08/2021NGO Climate Change Working Group (CCWG))
06/08/2021NGO Climate Change Working Group (CCWG)
01/08/2021Management and Sustainable Development Institute
10/08/2021U.S. Embassy in Hanoi
Asia for Animals Coalition Assistant - Farm Animals / Animals Asia Animal Welfare Assistant – Farm AnimalsAnimals Asia
15/08/2021Cục Y tế dự phòng
30/07/2021Save the Children
08/08/2021Action On Poverty
National Experts to develop the regulations on environmental industry in the Guiding Decree to the Law on Environmental Protection 2020 in Viet NamHanns Seidel Foundation
International Expert to develop the regulations on environmental industry in the Guiding Decree to the Law on Environmental Protection 2020 in Viet NamHanns Seidel Foundation
10/08/2021Batik International Việt Nam