GLOBAL CHANGE MANAGER – USAID CONTRACTS PROJECT
Save the Children International has an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as the– Global Change Manager – USAID Contracts Project at any existing Save the Children office location.
The Global Change Manager sits within the Project and Change Management Team that is part of the Transformation Delivery Department within Save the Children International. This team is responsible for managing the change management activities and deployment of projects into 60 Country and Regional offices and 29 Member organisations. We support different types of Transformation Projects and Programmes relating to Business Process, Organisation and System changes.
Save the Children is evolving its organisational structure in order to stay true to its mission, vision and values, whilst being able to withstand external pressures – be those geo-political demands; increasing stakeholder expectations; challenging funding environments; reduced access to funding due to localisation; or declining trust in large INGOs. The project this role will support is focused on supporting Save the Children to take on and prime (in line with donor compliance requirements) US Governance Contracts. USAID Contracts has been identified as a priority for SCUS in 2021 and beyond due to the high funding opportunity and potential for this type of funding to be more and more common and therefore we need to adapt to avoid ultimately losing income. Historically SCUS has not focused on New Business Development relating to priming USAID Contracts due to the structure of SCI meaning we would likely not meet donor requirements which could ultimately result in disallowances.
As the Global Change Manager, you will be responsible for understanding the change needs within the project, including working closely with members and country offices to get their input on the design and delivery of the project. This role will sit as part of the project team and will be accountable for identifying project stakeholders, impacting change, ensuring the involvement of required stakeholders into the design, defining and managing the change plan and ensuring the deployment is prepared and effectively overseen once we are ready to implement across our Countries and Members.
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Demonstrated experience and capability in change management and supporting the delivery of major projects in regards to business processes and systems within a large and complex international organisation.
- Experience of working in Feasibility and Design Phases of support systems and business processes projects
- Demonstrable ability to challenge the user-friendliness of set up, requirements and design for implementation and regular usage
- Experience of solving issues through analysis, definition of a clear way forward and ensuring buy in
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Engaging as well as assertive, influencing and negotiating
- Affinity, knowledge and experience of working within a standardised project/change methodology
- True passion for results, responsibility and proactivity
- Excellent communication skills, fluent in English
- Competent in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Willingness and ability to travel
- USAID Contracts experience
- INGO experience
- A second language. Preferably French, Spanish or Arabic.
We can offer circa £60,000 per annum (If based in UK) with an option of flexible working hours. If the role is based outside of the UK, National T&C (including pay) will apply.
This role can be based in (Location) or any existing Save the Children office location on approval, provided the successful candidate has proof of eligibility to work from the preferred location.
Where we Work - Where We Work | Save the Children International
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers/apply
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Save the Children does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
Date advertised: 21 Sep 2021
Closing date: 8 Oct 2021 - 05:59 +07
Department: Business Transformation
Type: Fixed-term contract
31/08/2022FIT & IRD VN