Save the Children International has an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as the – Global Communications and Engagement Team Coordinator in London or at any existing Save the Children office location.
The Global Communications and Engagement Team Coordinator is responsible for supporting the work of the Global Communications and Engagement team. This role will work closely with the Global Communications and Engagement Director and Planner to support a range of communications projects and channels, as well as provide administrative support to the team. More than anything, we are looking for someone who thrives in fast-paced environment, has a desire to contribute to the sector, has a ‘can do’ attitude and willingness to learn.
The post holder works collaboratively with communications, fundraising, advocacy and programme colleagues in Save the Children member, regions and country offices to deliver team objectives. They will work with finance and procurement teams on administrative tasks.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Director of global communications and engagement
Staff reporting to this post: none
Budget Responsibilities: no direct responsibility
Role Dimensions: This highly demanding, fast-moving role requires strong skills in project management, organisational skills and excellent written and spoken communication. The role will require an ability to work in a networked structure across functional and geographical boundaries.
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- A strong interest in the INGO sector and a commitment to the mission, vision and values of Save the Children
- Experience of working in an international or large organisation, working with different levels of seniority, from assistant or officer level through to senior leadership.
- A ‘can do’ attitude and willingness to learn and take on new challenges.
- Knowledge or experience of strategic communications theory and best practice.
- Excellent communication skills and fluency in the English language, both written and oral.
- Strong administrative, project management and time management skills
- Exceptional planning and organisational skills, with an ability to meet deadlines, manage multiple demands and competing priorities, while maintaining high quality standards.
- Knowledge of office practices, procedures and administrative systems.
- Competency in the use of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Teams.
- Strong research and analytical skills.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and to adapt work plans flexibly.
- Capacity to build and maintain relationships and work effectively in a diverse work environment.
- A self-starter who uses initiative to seek opportunities to achieve objectives in this role.
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS (SCI Values in Practice)
- holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
- widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
- builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
- develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- willing to take disciplined risks.
- honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
Educated to degree level in a relevant field (e.g., International Development; Politics, International Relations; global health). Master’s degree in a relevant field is desirable.
We can offer circa £26,000 per annum (If based in UK) with an option of flexible of working hours. If the role is based outside of the UK, National T&C (including pay) will apply.
This role can be based in London or any existing Save the Children office location on approval, provided the successful candidate has proof of eligibility to work from the preferred location.
Where we Work - Where We Work | Save the Children International
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers/apply
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.Deadline 14 July 2021 Candidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position Du lịch nhật bản, hướng dẫn du lịch Nhật và đánh giá địa điểm Nhật Bản Japan travel news, japan travel guides, japan holiday destinations and japan reviews
01/08/2021Catholic Relief Services
08/08/2021NGO Climate Change Working Group (CCWG))
06/08/2021NGO Climate Change Working Group (CCWG)
01/08/2021Management and Sustainable Development Institute
10/08/2021U.S. Embassy in Hanoi
Asia for Animals Coalition Assistant - Farm Animals / Animals Asia Animal Welfare Assistant – Farm AnimalsAnimals Asia
15/08/2021Cục Y tế dự phòng
30/07/2021Save the Children
08/08/2021Action On Poverty
National Experts to develop the regulations on environmental industry in the Guiding Decree to the Law on Environmental Protection 2020 in Viet NamHanns Seidel Foundation
International Expert to develop the regulations on environmental industry in the Guiding Decree to the Law on Environmental Protection 2020 in Viet NamHanns Seidel Foundation
10/08/2021Batik International Việt Nam