Save the Children International has an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as the– Global Head of Policy and Advocacy, Health and Nutrition at any existing Save the Children office location.
The holder of this position is responsible for providing strategic vision and leadership, including leading the development and delivery of Save the Children’s global health and nutrition policy and advocacy strategy in line with the Survive Breakthrough ambition, ensuring that they draw from technical expertise, experience and learning across our health and nutrition programmes as well as analysis of global trends and actors. The holder will convene and coordinate health and nutrition advocacy and policy expertise across the organisation, represent Save the Children externally. They will work with different internal teams ad functions in SCI and across the movement and be responsible for ensuring cohesion across our programmatic and advocacy work, that our strategies are informed by the most up to date health and nutrition policy and that our policy and advocacy work promotes a local to global approach and champion country-led efforts. They will be responsible for supporting wider cross-thematic policy and advocacy activities relating to Save the Children’s overall “Ambition for Children” 2030 strategy.
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Significant policy experience within the field of health and nutrition, and a proven track record in successfully leading the development and implementation of advocacy strategies on an international level in a large INGO
- Demonstrable track record in policy development and influencing at global, regional and/or national level
- Long-term experience and proven track record in multilateral advocacy at global level and successful advocacy at country level on child-related issues
- Demonstrated expertise in key health and nutrition thematic areas
- Extensive knowledge of international development, humanitarian and child rights issues and actors
- Sound knowledge of global development issues/trends and the current international health and nutrition discourse
- Demonstrated leadership and mentoring skills, and of delivering significant results. Experience of building shared objectives, quality control, evaluation, motivation, performance management, staff development and training
- A demonstrable ability to plan and communicate at a strategic level.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- Excellent capacity-building skills, applicable across different countries and cultures and at the international level
- Excellent interpersonal skills and able to work collaboratively
- Commitment to Save the Children’s vision, mission and approach, including child safeguarding
- Working knowledge of Spanish, French or Arabic is desirable
Experience of working in developing countries and/or humanitarian crises is desirable
We can offer circa £ 57,000 per annum (If based in UK) with an option of flexible working hours. If the role is based outside of the UK, National T&C (including pay) will apply.
This role can be based at any existing Save the Children office location on approval, provided the successful candidate has proof of eligibility to work from the preferred location.
Where we Work - Where We Work | Save the Children International
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers/apply
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Save the Children does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
DEADLINE 18 August 2021
03/10/2021British Embassy Hanoi
Mid-level Training Consultants for Mothers and Aunts to Meet the Asian Program Framework and Trainees' CapabilitiesSOS Vietnam
22/09/2021Save the Children
30/09/2021Action to the Community Development Institute (ACDC)
26/09/2021U.S. Embassy in Hanoi
Consultancy service for Baseline Study of Project "Greening Red Cross and Red Crescent Disaster Risk Reduction: Saving Lives through Working with Nature"American Red Cross
10/10/2021U.S. Embassy in Hanoi
24/09/2021American Red Cross
30/09/2021American Red Cross