Global Procurement Officer, Finance
- Posted Job Title: Global Procurement Officer, Finance
- Internal Job Title: Procurement Officer
- Location: Hanoi, Vietnam OR New Delhi, India
PATH is seeking a Global Procurement Officer who will be responsible for providing technical and advisory support and training related to procurement of goods and services in each of our Africa and Asia, Middle East and Europe (AMEE) regions This position will lead project teams in procurement activities including procurement planning support, consolidation of user needs where appropriate, review of scopes of work/terms of reference/specifications, release and manage RFPs, vendor management, proposal analysis and evaluation report review, issuance of purchase orders, and reporting. Global Procurement Officers provide oversight and guidance on country office procurement activities in PATH’s compliance-heavy environment (including policy compliance, restricted commodities, specialized logistics, audit recommendation implementation, user education on procurement policy) and may support fundraising proposals and project delivery by developing and analyzing data on vendors, technical features of proposed procurement items, and costs.
Duties and responsibilitiesProcurement planning, solicitation management and reporting
- Coordinate annual procurement planning with program/project teams.
- Consolidate categories for bulk purchase to attain quantity discounts, efficiency, and value for money.
- Review bid evaluation reports for accuracy and objectivity.
- Direct communication with bidders during competitive solicitations (responses to fact-finding questions, providing clarification in the event of complaint/compliment, notification of award, etc.).
- Documentation management in line with team standards for use by PATH and auditors.
- Live by PATH procurement prudence ethos and value in all undertakings.
- Develop procurement plans for projects with complex needs including planning, logistics, and the like for sensitive products.
- Guide on advance payment approval according to local business standards.
- Identify, monitor, and report on associated procurement risks.
- Provide supply chain technical assistance to projects, for assigned region (Africa / AMEE). Support coverage in other regions as needed.
- Conduct procurement and supply chain assessments, forecasting and strategic planning.
- Research and troubleshoot regulatory and importation processes (logistics, receiving, storage) relating to domestic and international procurements.
- Mentor logistics and procurement staff as needed.
- Issue POs in line with allowable threshold.
- Extensive use of PATH’s ERP to issue purchase orders and for vendor maintenance.
- Build partnership with country staff and other stakeholders’ procurement knowledge through trainings, coordination, and collaboration.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with internal customers and external suppliers and partners.
- Lead project managers in following donor procurement regulations, waivers, exemptions, variances, and reporting.
- Establish, interpret, and advise on PATH policies, procedures and compliance issues relating to procurements.
- Partner towards modifying or suggesting tools or job aids that make policy implementation efficient, user-friendly, and adaptable to the region served.
- Contribute towards procurement and supply chain tools for planning, forecasting, facilitating, evaluating, awarding, and approving procurements by leveraging current technology and implementing process improvements.
- Partner in the development of educational materials and facilitate trainings on procurement compliance and ongoing and targeted learning and resources for staff in the regions.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- English fluency, including speaking, writing, understanding, reading, and conducting business.
- Proven effectiveness working in a team with minimal oversight.
- Highly proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite applications, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Familiarity with Smartsheet or Microsoft Project a plus.
- Experience working in an ERP systems or procurement technology solution(s).
- English being the principle language, French working knowledge for Africa region will be an added advantage.
- Four-year degree in business, economics or at least 2 years of relevant experience in a compliance or procurement or contracting setting; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Certification as a public procurement professional preferred.
- Experience with procurement or contracting and US Government federal funding compliance.
- Experience in project management.
- Cross-border work experience, particularly under United States Agency for International Development (USAID) funding preferred.
Please note that
- You must have legal authorization to work in the location that you are applying for including Vietnam or India.
- PATH is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity is valued.
- PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. PATH does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
- PATH has become aware of scams involving false job offers.
- PATH will never ask for a fee during any stage of the recruitment process.
- All active jobs are advertised directly on our career's page.
- Official PATH emails will always arrive from an @path.org address.
How to ApplyAll applications are made online. For a full job description and to apply online, please access via this link: https://bit.ly/404ttvz or visit PATH website (www.path.org) then go to (Careers/Search Job Listings/Asia/Finance and Accounting).
06/10/2023World Vision International in Vietnam
09/10/2023US Embassy Hanoi
25/09/2023Save Vietnam's Wildlife (SVW)
10/10/2023Trung tâm Hỗ trợ Sáng kiến Phát triển Cộng đồng (SCDI)
30/09/2023Keep Vietnam Clean