Save the Children International has an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as the Global Social Media Officerin London or any existing Save the Children International office location.
Save the Children is embarking on an ambitious 2022 – 2025 strategic plan that looks to significantly increase our digital engagement with new and existing supporters to achieve our programmatic and advocacy goals.
Both raising funds and engaging with our supporters through campaigning in digital channels are key to delivering to the strategy.
This role sits within the Digital Public Engagement Team, an agile team, already working virtually before the pandemic, which provides strategic support and specialist technical guidance to our 27+ Members, most of them in Asia, Oceania, Europe and the Americas. This team also focuses on reaching out to new audiences and engaging with them in non-member markets with a special focus on a list of key markets.
The Global Social Media Officer is responsible for delivering engaging content to our social media audiences in key markets with the goal of reaching new and retaining existing supporters. This role will focus specifically on our ‘mass-market’ audiences via platforms such as Facebook, YouTube, Instagram and TikTok using organic methods of engagement.
The post holder will develop a two-way relationship with supporters and manage their communities to the highest standard. The post holder will be data-driven and audience focused in their decision making.
The post holder works in close collaboration with other Int. digital specialists, strategic comms and the content and media units.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
Demonstrable knowledge and at least two years of experience in social media management (including Facebook and YouTube), community management and digital marketing
- Demonstrated success in delivering high-quality, impact driven, and digital content at an international level.
- Demonstrated experience in managing an online community, including the management of Comms. crisis in social media channels.
- Experience managing FB fundraising products
- Data driven person with strong analytical solution focused skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, additional language skills would be an asset
- Experience developing social media content for specific targeted audience
- Significant ability to work in a fast-paced environment and to adapt work plans flexibly depending on external opportunities.
- Self-starter with working home-based experience
- Capacity to build and maintain excellent relations and to work effectively in a multicultural and multi-ethnic environment respecting diversity
- A willingness to travel to support members directly or to relevant events as required.
- Experience launching a new channel from scratch
- Experience building engaged audiences through FB Groups or similar platforms.
- Experience working internationally in a support role to a diverse range of local offices
- Experience in the INGO sector.
- Proven project management skills delivering complex projects on time and on budget with a strong knowledge of analysis of costs/impact and all other relevant digital engagement KPIs.
- Strong personal, organisational and self-management skills; with an ability to lead and work in teams and motivate others
- A self-starter using initiative to see opportunities to achieve objectives in this role
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal
- Strong IT skills particularly in Microsoft products
- Ability to articulate the work of Save the Children with passion
We can offer circa £31,000 per annum (If based in UK) with an option of flexible working hours. If the role is based outside of the UK, National T&C (including pay) will apply. This role can be based in London or any existing Save the Children International Regional or Country office location on approval, provided the successful candidate has proof of eligibility to work from the preferred location. Where we Work -Where We Work | Save the Children International
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers/apply
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse. All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Save the Children does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.