About Social Impact
Social Impact (SI) is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity-building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997 we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.
SI is implementing the USAID/Vietnam Learns Contract (USAID Learns). The scope of the five-year project is to support USAID/Vietnam staff and its implementing partners to implement more efficient, effective, and sustainable programs by (1) improving staff knowledge and skills in Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning (MEL) and Collaborating, Learning & Adapting (CLA); (2) advancing evidence-informed decision-making; (3) strengthening strategic collaboration between staff and local stakeholders. ?
USAID has operated in Vietnam since 1989 and has implemented a large portfolio of activities. However, USAID/Vietnam and its implementing partners (IPs) continue to face challenges in obtaining project approval and value-added tax (VAT) refunds. Following in a series of official development assistance (ODA) decrees, on May 25, 2020, the Government of Vietnam (GVN) adopted Decree No. 56/2020/ND-CP on the Management and Use of Official Development Assistance (ODA) and Concessional Loans from Foreign Donors (Decree 56). The GVN project approval process study (GVN study) was conducted to understand the programmatic implications of Decree 56, including clarifying project approval procedures and providing practical advice to USAID/Vietnam and its IPs on how to undertake and accelerate project approval and VAT refund requests.
** Please Note: This is a local position. Only Vietnamese citizens will be eligible to apply **
SI is seeking a GVN Tax Specialist to conduct research and clarify the procedures for the tax refund/exemption for ODA projects. The GVN Tax Specialist will assist Learns and USAID in working with the GVN on a solution to ease the burden on VAT refunds and obtain other tax exemptions for USAID activities in Vietnam. The GVN Tax consultant will work collaboratively with the GVN Project Approval Advisor on this assignment to achieve the following results:
- Advise USAID on working with the GVN on solutions to make it easier for USAID/Vietnam activities to obtain VAT refunds and other tax exemptions for ODA projects as per the Law of Vietnam and US-Vietnam Bilateral Agreement;
- Advise USAID on tax treatment of USAID-funded activities in Vietnam;
- A report analyzing GVN regulations on VAT refunds, and any relations and challenges with the effect of Decree 56;
- Clear and detailed outline of the procedure and guidance to get a VAT refund for USAID/Vietnam Activities facilitating and obtaining VAT reimbursement; including contributing to communication products such as handouts, brochures, and animation videos;
- An advanced degree from an accredited university in relevant fields, such as taxation, finance, economics, etc.;
- Demonstrated familiarity with the tax regulations of the GVN, in general, is required;
- Demonstrated experience obtaining GVN VAT refunds and other tax exemptions of donor-funded Technical Assistance (non-refundable) projects, in particular, is highly desirable;
- Knowledge of USAID rules, regulations, and procedures is a plus;
- Experience coordinating initiatives across multiple GVN ministries (Ministry of Planning and Investment, Ministry of Finance/Department of Tax, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, etc.) and achieving sustainable results through the coordination between various ministries;
- Fluency in the Vietnamese language and ability to communicate in English.
Level of Effort (LOE): Up to 40 days
Expected timeline: From start date until December 31, 2021
The closing date for application: May 9, 2021. Selection and interview will be performed on a rolling basis, and interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
Location: Ha Noi
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.Candidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
25/05/2021Save the Children International
28/05/2021Good Neighbors International in Vietnam (GNI)
31/05/2021Good Neighbors International in Vietnam (GNI)
21/05/2021IC - VVAF
20/05/2021Climate Change Working Group - WWF