Position Title: Grant Management Specialist
Reports to: Director of Finance Operations
Department: Finance and Accounting
Employment Type: Full-time
Number of recruits: 1 (one)
Help us reimagine the University.
We are Fulbright University Vietnam (“Fulbright”), Vietnam’s first independent, non-profit, liberal arts university. We are an expanding international team of educational innovators, with deep roots in Vietnam, strong political and financial backing, and connections to educational institutions around the world. We believe in the power of collaboration, transdisciplinary thinking, and risk-taking, and we understand that effective education requires putting students at its center. Globally integrated but deeply embedded in Vietnamese society, Fulbright is dedicated to providing a world-class education, utilizing the latest advancements in institutional design, teaching, learning, technology, and other fields to create an institution that is both innovative and globally relevant. Importantly, Fulbright is committed to serving Vietnamese society through rigorous research and responsible civic engagement.
Our flagship campus will be located in Saigon Hi-Tech Park, in Ho Chi Minh City (District 9). Until phase 1 of campus construction is completed, we are located at Crescent Plaza, Tan Phu, in Ho Chi Minh City (District 7).
The Grant Management Specialist will perform pre-award and post-award administration, support Finance team and Principal Investigators (PIs) in seeking, pursuing, and managing funding from U.S. Federal agencies and other donors.
Roles and responsibilities
1. Pre-Award Support:
- Provide support to Principal Investigators and relevant departments in the preparation of proposal narratives, including drafting/editing of plans, and other sections of the proposal required for submission to various funding agencies.
2. Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting:
- Develop monitoring and evaluation plan for institutional level grants.
- Oversee grant data management process including data collection, data entry, nd data quality control activities for reporting.
- Review and update record keeping systems for grant administration.
- Coordinate and ensure completion of quarterly, semi-annual, final and ad hoc financial and progress grant reports.
- Monitor and collect deliverables of project milestones to ensure timely submission to grantors.
3. Post-Award Management
- Maintain cooperative working relationships with representatives of funding agencies.
- Serve as liaison between different departments of the university and funding agencies, monitor and inform faculty and staff of pertinent funding requirements, regulations, and laws.
- Ensure compliance in all areas related to grant and contract management, including Federal agencies and other sponsoring organization rules and regulations, Fulbright’s internal protocols, accurate protocol information within grant documents, conflicts of interest, etc.
- Be responsible for staying informed about evolving Federal policies, guidelines, and sponsors’ requirements, interpreting and advising on current policies and regulations based upon detailed review and update of sponsor and institutional policies, procedures and award terms and conditions.
- Assist Principal Investigators with setting up sub-award agreements.
4. Other duties
- Work with faculty and staff from across the university to develop, review and update institutional policies and procedures related to Finance and fund management activities.
- Assist the Development team with identifying potential funding sources.
- Attend trainings on U.S. Federal grant management, rules and regulations, workshops and networking events with USAID community of practice.
- Other duties as assigned.
What we look for
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in relevant area, including Education, International Development
- Minimum done 3 years’ grants experience. Experience working with U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), World Bank Group, and other bilateral, multilateral organizations funded projects preferred.
- Experience with university research or sponsored program administration related to international-sponsored projects preferred.
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to liaise with university leadership, faculty and staff across different departments to compile required reports to grantors on a regular basis.
- Good project management skills and ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Excellent English writing/editing skills and strong attention to details.
- Exhibit a can-do attitude and be a supportive team member, while demonstrating the ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- General understanding of U.S. Federal funding regulations (USAID, Department of State) and procedures regarding grants and contracts preferred.
What we offer
- Opportunity to be one of passionate team members who share the same belief in the transformative power of education and see the unique opportunity in creating a new university.
- Opportunities to participate in public talks, workshops, seminars, as well as other fun activities at Fulbright.
- A full network of supportive colleagues.
- A dynamic, innovative, and professional working environment.
- Intensive English-speaking environment.
- Competitive salary and high-end insurance schemes.
- Generous annual leave entitlement.
How to Apply
- Please email a cover letter explaining your interest in and qualifications for the position along with your resume to email@example.com.
- The position will remain open until filled.
- Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for further process.
Asia for Animals Coalition Assistant - Farm Animals / Animals Asia Animal Welfare Assistant – Farm AnimalsAnimals Asia
15/08/2021Cục Y tế dự phòng
30/07/2021Save the Children
08/08/2021Action On Poverty
National Experts to develop the regulations on environmental industry in the Guiding Decree to the Law on Environmental Protection 2020 in Viet NamHanns Seidel Foundation
International Expert to develop the regulations on environmental industry in the Guiding Decree to the Law on Environmental Protection 2020 in Viet NamHanns Seidel Foundation
10/08/2021Batik International Việt Nam