Announcement Number: HANOI-2022-18
Hiring Agency: Embassy Hanoi
Position Title: Guard
Open Period: 04/12/2022 - 04/26/2022Format MM/DD/YYYY
Vacancy Time Zone: GMT+7
Series/Grade: LE - 0710 3
Salary: USD $8,579
Work Schedule: Full-time - 40 hours/week Indefinite subject to successful completion of probationary period
Promotion Potential: LE-3
Duty Location(s): Many in Hanoi, VM
Telework Eligible: No
For More Info: HR Section
84-24-38505000 Ext: 5126
Incumbent of this position will provide security for Embassy personnel and facilities by conducting access control and visitor screening duties as a member of a local guard program. S/he will prevent unauthorized access; protect life; maintain order; deter criminal attacks against employees; dependents and property and terrorist acts against all U.S. assets, and prevent damage to Government property.
Qualifications and Evaluations
EXPERIENCE: A minimum of 1-year experience in the military or as a police officer, security guard or in a job performing duties related to security work is required.
- Must have knowledge of the emergency response procedures and notification process
- Must be familiar with state-of-the-art security equipment and processes
- Must be aware of cultural norms and customs required
Completion of secondary education, high school diploma or the local equivalent (grade 12) is required.
- Limited knowledge in Speaking/Reading/Writing English is required. (This will be tested.)
- Good working knowledge in Speaking/Reading/Writing Vietnamese is required.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Must have:
- Ability to understand the security control panel and to operate emergency alarms and the public address system.
- Ability to use state-of-the-art security and radio communication equipment. Ability to use Automated External Defibrillator.
- Ability to use fire extinguisher. Ability to use personal protective equipment (i.e. batons, pepper spray, handcuffs, and flexi cuffs, etc.).
- Ability to walk and/or stand in a wide variety of weather conditions for an extended period of time.
- Ability to work flexible shift schedules, to include nights, days, weekends, and/or holidays.
- Host County Driving License (motorbike license).
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
How to Apply
How to Apply:
All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a public clearance.
To apply for this position click the “Submit Application” button. For more information on how to apply visit the Mission internet site.
In order to qualify based on education, you MUST submit the requested diploma and / or transcripts as verification of educational requirement by the closing date of this announcement. Failure to provide requested information, or the information is insufficient to verify eligibility, may result in disqualification for this position.
* High School Diploma or equivalent (grade 12)
* Proof of Citizenship
* Other Document
* Other Document 2
13/07/2022Đại sứ quán Hoa Kỳ tại Hà Nội
12/07/2022USAID Learns - Social Impact
28/06/2022USAID Learns - Social Impact