Announcement Number: HOCHIMINH-2020-01
Hiring Agency: Consulate Ho Chi Minh City
Position Title: Guard (Mobile Patrol) – All Interested Applicants (Mobile Patrol Guard)
Open Period: 02/07/2020 – 02/21/2020Format MM/DD/YYYY
Vacancy Time Zone: GMT+7
Series/Grade: LE – 0710 4
Salary: USD $8,138
Promotion Potential: LE-4
Duty Location(s): 1 in Ho Chi Minh City, VM
Telework Eligible: No
- For More Info:
84-24-3850-5000 ext. 5126
Hiring Path: Open to the public
Who May Apply/Clarification From the Agency: For USEFM – FS is AA (Starting Salary). Actual FS salary determined by Washington D.C.
Open to: All Interested Applicants / All Sources
Security Clearance Required: Public Trust – Background Investigation
Appointment Type: Permanent
Appointment Type Details: Indefinite subject to successful completion of probationary period
Marketing Statement: We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees before you apply.
Summary: Full Time (40 hours per week)
Start date: Candidate must be able to begin working within a reasonable period of time (90 days) of receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances/certifications or their candidacy may end.
Supervisory Position: No
Relocation Expenses Reimbursed: No
Travel Required: Not Required
Perform guard services as Mobile Patrol Guard via all U.S. Government facilities and U.S. Consulate leased residences by patrolling these areas to ensure that U.S. Government property and personnel are safeguarded. Reacts to emergency situations upon direction by the RSO and other duties assigned.
Qualifications and Evaluations
EXPERIENCE: At least one year of experience in police or security field.
JOB KNOWLEDGE: Must be knowledgeable of all emergency procedures, guard orders, basic first aid, and fire-fighting equipment. Must be knowledgeable of local laws as applies to arrest and detention of suspicious individuals.
Completion of secondary school (Grade 12) is required.
This may be tested.
LANGUAGE: Level II (Speaking/Reading/Writing) English and Level III (Speaking/Reading/Writing) Vietnamese is required. Please clarify level of your English and Vietnamese language skill on your application.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Must effectively react to various situation and security incidents. Must be able to take action as necessary depending on the nature of incidents outlined in guard orders. Must be able to communicate with persons from all socioeconomic classes. Must be familiar with dispute resolution to ease potentially dangerous security situations. Must possess a valid local motorbike (A1 or A2) and vehicle (B2) license [please attach valid driver’s licenses].
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
Benefits and Other Info
Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Consulate General Ho Chi Minh City may receive a compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office.
The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
HIRING PREFERENCE SELECTION PROCESS: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
HRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
- AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
- AEFM / USEFM
- FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
* IMPORTANT: Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant. The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc.?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link.
How to Apply
All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a Public Trust or Background Investigation clearance.
To apply for this position click the “Submit Application” button. For more information on how to apply visit the Mission internet site.
Note: The Human Resources Office is unable to acknowledge the receipt of your documents due to the high volume of applications received. If you do not receive a notification email from ERA within four weeks of the vacancy announcement’s closing day, it is likely that you did not qualify for the position or did not submit a complete package.
Please provide the required documentation listed below with your application:
- Copy of Orders/Assignment Notification (or equivalent)
- A proof of citizenship
- Residency and/or Work Permit (if you are not Vietnamese citizen)
- Passport copy
- High school diploma
- DD-214 – Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable)
- SF-50 (if applicable)
- A valid driver’s license (A1 and B2 Categories)
Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
For further information – the complete position description listing all of the duties, responsibilities, required qualifications, etc. may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources Office.
Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Consulate General Ho Chi Minh City. To view a current list of all available vacant positions at the U.S. Embassy the Embassy & Consulate and to apply, please visit our ERA site:
All applications must be submitted through ERA to be considered.
Candidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
09/02/2021USAID LinkSME Project
03/02/2021Center for Rural Economy Development