- Announcement Number: HNAOI-2021-27
- Hiring Agency: Embassy Hanoi
- Position Title: Guard (Mobile Patrol Guard) - Open to: Employees of Mission - All/or US EFMs or MOHs
- Open Period: 05/26/2021 - 06/06/2021Format MM/DD/YYYY
- Vacancy Time Zone: GMT+7
- Series/Grade: LE - 0710 4
- Salary: USD $9,561
- Work Schedule: Full-time - Mon through Fri 40 hours/week
- Promotion Potential: LE-4
- Duty Location(s): 4 in Hanoi, VM
- Telework Eligible: No
- For More Info: HR Section
- 84-24-3850-5000 ext. 5126 HanoiHR@state.gov
- Hiring Path: • Open to the public
- Who May Apply/Clarification From the Agency: For USEFM - FS is FP-AA. Actual FS salary determined by Washington D.C.
- Open to: Employees of the Mission -All/or USEFMs or MOHs
- Security Clearance Required: Public Trust - Background Investigation
- Appointment Type
- Appointment Type Details:
- • Indefinite subject to successful completion of probationary period.
- Marketing Statement:
- We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees before you apply.
- The work schedule for this position is:
- Full Time 40 hours per week
- Supervisory Position: No
- Relocation Expenses Reimbursed: No
- Travel Required: Not Required
DutiesIncumbent of this position will perform guard service as Mobile Patrol Guard to designated U.S Government facilities and Embassy leased residences by rotating shift to ensure that U.S Government property and personnel are safeguarded. S/he will react to emergency situations upon RSO direction and other duties as directed otherwise. The incumbent will work under the supervision of the Guard Force Commander, Shift Commander and the Senior Guard.
Qualifications and Evaluations
At least one year of experience in police, security related duties.
- Knowledgeable of Mission Organization, offices, building, residences, and streets of Hanoi.
- Knowledgeable of all emergency procedures, guard orders, basic first aid, and firefighting equipment.
- Knowledgeable of local laws as applies to arrest and detention of suspicious individuals.
- Education Requirements:
- Completion of secondary school (grade 12) is required.
Limited knowledge in Speaking/Reading/Writing English is required. (This will be tested.)
Good working knowledge in Speaking/Reading/Writing Vietnamese is required.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Must have/be able to;
- Independently take action as necessary depending on the nature of incidents outlined in guard orders.
- Communicate with persons from all socioeconomic classes.
- Be familiar with dispute mediation tactics to ease potentially dangerous security situations.
- Operate an automobile or motorcycle safely while performing the job.
- Vietnamese motorbike driving license A1 and automobile driving license B2.
- All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
Benefits and Other Info
- Agency Benefits:
- Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Mission in Vietnam may receive a compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits. For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office. The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
- Other Information:
- HIRING PREFERENCE SELECTION PROCESS: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
- AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
- AEFM / USEFM
- FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
How to Apply
- How to Apply:
- All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a Local security or Public trust clearance. To apply for this position click the “Submit Application” button. For more information on how to apply, visit the Mission internet site at https://vn.usembassy.gov/embassy-consulate/embassy-consulate-jobs/ Note: The Embassy Human Resources Office is unable to acknowledge the receipt of your documents due to the high volume of applications received. If you do not receive a notification email from ERA within four weeks of the vacancy announcement’s closing day, it is likely that you did not qualify for the position or did not submit a complete package.
- Required Documents:
- Please provide the required documentation listed below with your application
- Copy of Orders/Assignment Notification (or equivalent if you are AEFM / USEFM)
- Vietnamese ID
- Residency and/or Work Permit (If you are not Vietnamese Citizen)
- DD-214 - Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable)
- SF-50 (if applicable)
- Driver's License
- High School Diploma
- Next Steps:
- Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email. For further information - the complete position description listing all of the duties, responsibilities, required qualifications, etc. may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources Office. Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Embassy in Hanoi.
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
22/06/2021The World Bank