Khan Academy Vietnam Head of Product
Khan Academy Vietnam is a nonprofit partnership program between Khan Academy and The Vietnam Foundation. Since March 2020, we've been working to translate Khan Academy's robust and proven curriculum, which has previously been funded by the Gates Foundation and Google, into Vietnamese with the purpose of increasing education access throughout the country and integrating Vietnam into the global learning community.
Through this partnership, The Vietnam Foundation will bring this scalable and cost effective teaching method to all children in Vietnam that will impact Vietnam’s education for decades to come. All content will be available in Vietnamese for free at Khan Academy Vietnam's official website.
Coordinate the activities of remote and in-person translation teams at Khan Academy Vietnam to ensure the quantity and quality of localization efforts
: Project Coordinator
Responsibilities and Duties
1. Develop strategies and roadmap for Khan Academy Vietnam’s localization efforts
2. Manage and lead translation teams of volunteers working online and offline
3. Ensure quantity and quality of production, including a strict compliance of quality guidelines by Khan Academy and Khan Academy Vietnam
3. Liaise with subject experts to ensure the accuracy and consistency of translation efforts
4. Maintain effective communication with Khan Academy International to update changes and resolve technical issues
This is a full-time position and can be performed either from Hanoi or HCMC. Applicants must be available for an interview within a week of the application deadline and start as soon as possible.
Applicants should have:
- Strong passion for education and social changes
- Demonstrated success in leading large production teams, preferably in NGOs or community projects
- Minimum 1 year of experience in producing multimedia lessons and/or experience in dubbing/translating learning materials
- Fluency in academic Vietnamese and English
- Candidates with a thorough knowledge of Vietnamese education system and strong academic background in Vietnamese schools are preferred.
If interested, please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
by 9AM December 3rd