Title: Health Information Systems Advisor Location: Hanoi, Vietnam Division: Vietnam Country Program
Please submit a cover letter with your resume describing your interest in this position and how you meet the requirements. Application materials must be submitted in English and applicants must have legal authorization to work in Vietnam to be considered and confirm this in their cover letter. PATH offers a highly dynamic work environment and provides competitive compensation and benefits based on experience. Salary and benefit package are paid in VND.
PATH is a global nonprofit dedicated to achieving health equity. With more than 40 years of experience forging multisector partnerships, and with expertise in science, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales up innovative solutions to the world’s most pressing health challenges.
PATH’s work in Vietnam began in 1980 with a project to improve local condom manufacturing capacity. Over the years PATH broadened its focus from contraceptive technologies to wider health issues, and our current focus areas include vaccine preventable diseases, infectious diseases, noncommunicable diseases, antimicrobial resistance, and infection prevention and control, and digital health. PATH established a permanent office in Hanoi in 1997 and an office in Ho Chi Minh City in 2014.
PATH is currently seeking a qualified Health Information Systems (HIS) Advisor for a US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)-funded program, “HQ Supported Development, Implementation, Use and Evaluation of Interoperable Health Information Systems to Achieve HIV/AIDS and TB Epidemic Control through Improved Health Informatics Policy, Governance, Workforce Capacity, and Systems under PEPFAR”. The project’s goal is to employ health informatics in Vietnam to curb the HIV/AIDS epidemic by accelerating testing and treatment strategies, expanding prevention, improving data quality, strengthening country ownership, and leveraging public and private partnerships.
The HIS Advisor will work closely with the PATH HIS team as well as national, regional, and international stakeholders to support the implementation of a HIV case surveillance (CS) and to promote and adhere to the Principles for Digital Development. The HIS Advisor will report to HIS Team Lead and work closely with PATH Vietnam program team while also supporting other activities related to PATH's digital health portfolio.
- Provide HIS technical direction to project team and technical advice to relevant departments at the Vietnam Ministry of Health (MOH), national health programs, provincial health departments regarding CS system design, development, testing, deployment, and evaluation.
- Provide inputs and participate in technical working group (TWG) to develop and disseminate national strategies/policies/guidance related to CS system and national HIV HIS.
- Provide technical guidance to local information technology (IT) vendors to develop and implement health information systems (e.g., mobile applications, application programming interfaces, mediators, system documentation).
- Lead development of HIS technical documents.
- Identify issues/challenges and develop mitigation strategies for effective implementation of related work plan activities.
- Oversees project implementation and monitoring & evaluation to meet committed deliverables.
- Coordinate closely with PATH’s global team working on digital health to ensure synergies and experience sharing across PATH.
- Represent PATH in meetings and written communications, and build, develop, and maintain relationships with local key stakeholders and other organizations regarding project-related activities.
- Contribute to the required project reporting.
- Perform other tasks when required.
Required Experiences and Skills:
- Degree in information systems, related field, or public health with experience in health information systems. Advanced degree preferred.
- Demonstrated experience designing, implementing and/or supporting health information systems.
- High degree of familiarity with open-source software development process and tools (e.g., GitHub).
- Experience in systems analysis, enterprise architecture, and/or requirements development for national information systems is a plus.
- Experience working effectively with government counterparts, particularly at national and subnational levels.
- Proven experience coordinating diverse stakeholders to successfully design and deliver an information systems project.
- Robust programming skills in programming languages (e.g., Java/.Net).
- Solid understanding of the concepts of user experience, user interface design principles, and conceptual design.
- Ability to participate in and contribute to a highly collaborative work environment consisting of both technical and subject matter experts.
- Working knowledge of enterprise architecture, local and international health data exchange standards, and systems interoperability approaches preferred. Understands health information standards for electronic health records. Familiarity with HL7 FHIR is preferred
- Experience to applied clinical coding systems (e.g., SNOMED, LOINC and Clinical Modification ICD-10, ICD-10CM).
- Experience working with business intelligence tools (e.g., Tableau, Power BI, Kibana, Superset).
- Experience working with different database systems.
- Deep understanding of software development process, software project management methodology (e.g., Agile/Scrum, Waterfall, XP, DevOps).
- Strong problem-solving, critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Strong communication skills. Good English skills, both verbal and written, are required.
- Ability to work individually as well as in a team.
- Willingness and ability to travel within Vietnam (with some potential international/regional travel) up to 30%.
Must have legal authorization to work in Vietnam.
PATH is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity is valued.
PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. PATH does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
HOW TO APPLY:
All applications are made online. For a full job description and to apply online, please access via this link https://bit.ly/2VMeiv2 or visit PATH website (www.path.org) then go to (Careers/Search Job Listings/Asia/Marker Dynamics.) Deadline for applications: October 18, 2021.
*PATH has become aware of scams involving false job offers.*
- PATH will never ask for a fee during any stage of the recruitment process.
- All active jobs are advertised directly on our career's page.
- Official PATH emails will always arrive from an @path.org address.
Please report any suspicious communications to email@example.com.
03/11/2021STEAM for Vietnam
16/11/2021Blue Dragon Children's Foundation
03/11/2021Làng Trẻ Em SOS Việt Nam
05/11/2021UNIDO - United Nations Industrial Development Organization
11/11/2021The International Center (IC)
31/10/2021Clinton Health Access Initiative (CHAI)
04/11/2021Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD)
12/11/2021The U.S. Embassy Hanoi
01/11/2021Development and Policies Research Center - DEPOCEN
15/11/2021World Health Organization (WHO)