- Title: Health Service Intern
- Location: Hanoi
- Program: Vietnam/USAID/PATH STEPS Project
- Start Date: August 2023
- Duration: to September 30, 2023, and shall be expanded up to 6 months depending on budget availability
- Estimated number of hours per week: Full-time
- Will the intern be receiving a stipend: Yes.
- Will the intern travel: Local travel if required.
Candidates must currently have legal authorization to work in Vietnam.Candidates must be a final year student or fresh graduate (under 1 year).
PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and innovative approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide. Working in Vietnam since the early 1980s, PATH established a permanent office in Hanoi in 1997, and an office in Ho Chi Minh City in 2014.
Description of the project the Intern will complete:PATH has been awarded the STEPS project from USAID. The overall goal of this project is to increase market growth for private sector HIV goods and services that can meet the needs of populations facing the greatest HIV risks. To achieve this overall goal, PATH and its partners will focus on the following three objectives:
- Strengthen total market for HIV commodities and services.
- Increase operational and financial sustainability of social enterprise/private sector service providers.
- Improve enabling environment to support private sector HIV-related goods and services as part of a sustainable national HIV response.
Description of overall learning objectives and goals for the internship/benefit to the Intern:
- Intern will build ability to multi-task and work professionally with various colleagues and mentors within USAID/PATH STEPS, developing project coordination and organizational skill.
- Intern will gain and utilize experience in high-level report writing, trainings organization, working with various partners and implementing quality improvement for health care services.
Brief description of required skills/experience the intern should possess:
- Enrolled in a graduate or undergraduate program. Preferred areas of study include public health, medical sciences, or relevant areas.
- Previous experience in implementing community health programs, improving quality of health care, or working with private health sector partners is preferred.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Excellent in entering and utilizing M&E data and building charts and graphs using Excel.
- Experience in entering and using M&E data to improve quality of health care.
- Skill in developing communication materials is preferred but not a must.
- Fluent in Vietnamese with a professional level of English (reading and writing)
Skills to be developed and/or expanded during internship:
- Intern will develop skills to support implementing CQI to ensure the quality of HIV- related services being in line with the national guidelines.
- Intern will deepen their knowledge and understanding of the fundamentals of public health and epidemiology.
- Intern will develop skills on workshops, meetings, and events organization.
- Support to follow the CQI plan, collect and entry data relating to CQI implementation at the project sites.
- Support to routinely follow up with STEPS’s partner clinics for health service quality assurance data.
- Support to prepare presentations, reports and other materials relating to quality of health services.
- Support to translate SOPs and supporting documents for capacity building trainings, workshops and meetings to STEPS’s partners.
- Support to prepare and organize trainings, workshops, mentoring and coaching activities to STEPS’s partners.
- Support Health Services team to provide technical assistance to STEPS’s partners.
- Assist with the general day-to-day administrative tasks of STEPS project.
- Other tasks upon request.
PATH is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity is valued.PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. PATH does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
The closing date for application is August 25, 2023.
How to Apply:All applications are made online. For a full job description and to apply online, please access via this job link https://path.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/External/job/Health-Service-Int... or visit PATH website (www.path.org) then go to (Careers/Search Job Listings/PATH’s Internship Opportunities).
Deadline for application is 25th August 2023.Kênh kiến thức kỹ năng, phát triển bản thân, hướng nghiệp, blog nhân sự
05/10/2023US Consulate HCMC
06/10/2023Save the Children
11/10/2023Humanitarian Services for Children of Vietnam (HSCV)
04/10/2023Save the Children