Health Services Program Officer, Vietnam Country Program
Title: Health Services Program Officer
Location: Ho Chi Minh City – Vietnam
Division: Vietnam Country
PATH is currently recruiting for a Health Services Program Officer to be responsible for providing technical and programmatic support to the private sector, social enterprises, community-based organizations (CBOs), and the public sector to deliver HIV services.
PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other
specialties, PATH develops and scales solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and innovative approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide.
The Vietnam country office is committed to respond to community health needs in Vietnam and works in such areas as reproductive, maternal, and child health, TB, HIV, vaccines and immunization, emerging and epidemic diseases, and health technologies. To achieve impact, PATH Viet Nam works across the public and private sectors and focuses on sustainable, system-level changes.
PATH is working under a United States Agency for International Development (USAID) Cooperative Agreement entitled Healthy Markets Activity (HMA). The project’s overall goal is to contribute to the prevention of new HIV infections among most at risk populations. The expected program will include a
network of complementary partners to bring about changes that result in strengthened local leadership and capacity for comprehensive and effective programming and sales of critical HIV goods and services.
PATH is seeking an HIV Health Services Program Officer, based in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam. The HIV Health Services Program Officer will be responsible for providing coordination, technical and programmatic support for mobilizing the private sector to engage in delivery of HIV prevention services.
- Provides direction and expertise for a component of a project in a particular technical functional or skill area
- Assists with providing direction, coordination, and implementation of research and management of overall project implementation
- Contributes to development of annual work plans and implementation
- Provides technical assistance to project partners, including private sector, social enterprises (SE), Community based organizations (CBOs) and the public sector to deliver quality HIV-related services, such as community-based HIV testing—including self-testing and index partner testing—pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP), non-occupational post-exposure prophylaxis (nPEP), antiretroviral therapy (ART), and testing and treatment for sexually transmitted infections (STIs), hepatitis virus B (HBV), and hepatitis virus C (HCV)
- Facilitates and strengthens linkages and partnerships between CBOs and private/public health facilities for HIV confirmatory testing, ART enrolment, testing and treatment for STIs, HBV, and HCV, among others
- Provides technical support to CBOs and private health facilities to set up HIV services that are integrated with other existing services, and ensure they smoothly operate and best meet the needs of target populations
- Advocates to provincial stakeholders, such as Provincial Health Departments (PHD), and Provincial Centers for Disease Control (CDC) for the mobilization and engagement of the private sector, social enterprises and CBOs in providing HIV services for underserved populations
- Conducts monitoring and supportive supervision, quality assurance, and quality improvement activities to project sites on a regular basis
- Conducts data quality audits and verification to ensure that data collected and reported are reliable
- Participates in training, coaching, and mentoring activities for project implementers.
- Provides support to other project activities, as required
- Oversees the work of project partners and consultants, as relevant
Required skills and experience:
- Bachelor or master degree in public health, medicine or social sciences, or a related field. A candidate with lab test background is preferred
- At least five years’ relevant work experience in Viet Nam
- Experience implementing HIV prevention interventions including HIV testing and counseling services for key populations, such as men who have sex with men, transgender people, people who inject drugs, and female sex workers
- Ability to provide technical assistance, if required.
- Demonstrated experience in private sector health care delivery
- Demonstrated experience working with CBOs
- Experience brokering public-private partnerships related to health care service delivery
- Background experience in setting up or providing HIV testing and/or treatment services is a plus
- Quality assurance and quality improvement experience related to health care service delivery
Must have legal authorization to work in Vietnam
PATH is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity is valued.
PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment.
PATH does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
HOW TO APPLY:
All applications are made online. For a full job description and to apply online, please access via this link https://bit.ly/3ga3aNH or visit PATH website (www.path.org) then go to (Careers/Search Job Listings/Asia/Global Health Programs). Deadline for applications: August 30th, 2020.
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
12/11/2020Oxfam in Vietnam
05/11/2020The Vietnam Red Cross
Trung Tâm Nghiên Cứu, Tư Vấn Sáng Tạo Và Phát Triển Bền Vững (CCS) Tuyển Dụng Cán Bộ Chương TrìnhCCS
06/11/2020Save Vietnam's Wildlife
20/11/2020The Woolcock Institute Of Medical Research In Vietnam
30/11/2020Làng Trẻ Em SOS
06/11/2020United Nations Human Settlements Programme
01/01/1970Blue Dragon Children's Foundation (BDCF)
15/11/2020World Health Organization (WHO)
20/11/2020Vietnam Social Health Revolution
26/11/2020World Wildlife Fund (WWF) - Vietnam
03/11/2020International Center (IC-VVAF)