- Announcement Number: HANOI-2021-06
- Hiring Agency: Embassy Hanoi
- Position Title: Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning (HVAC) Maintenance Worker – All Interested Applicants
- Open Period: 01/13/2021 – 01/27/2021 (Format MM/DD/YYYY)
- Vacancy Time Zone: GMT+7
- Series/Grade: LE – 1210 6
- Salary: USD $13,376
- Work Schedule: Full-time – Mon through Sat 44 hours/week
- Promotion Potential: LE-6
- Duty Location(s): 1 in Hanoi, VM
- Telework Eligible: No
- For More Info:
84-24-3850-5000 ext. 5126
- Hiring Path: Open to the public
- Who May Apply/Clarification From the Agency: For USEFM – FS is FP-8. Actual FS salary determined by Washington D.C.
Open to: All Interested Applicants / All Sources
- Security Clearance Required: Public Trust – Background Investigation
- Appointment Type: Permanent
- Appointment Type Details:
- • Indefinite subject to successful completion of probationary period
- Marketing Statement:
- We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees before you apply.
- The work schedule for this position is:
- Full Time 44 hours per week
Start date: Candidate must be able to begin working within a reasonable period of time 90 days of receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances/certifications or their candidacy may end.
- Supervisory Position: No
- Relocation Expenses Reimbursed: No
- Travel Required: Not Required
Incumbent of this position will Work in the Facility Management section of the Embassy. The incumbent will carry out maintenance and repair work to all mission buildings and facilities including residential owned and leased properties. S/he will assist in developing and executing a comprehensive preventive maintenance program for HVAC systems, equipment and associated components and controllers.
Qualifications and Evaluations
- EXPERIENCE: At least three (3) years of experience in the repair and maintenance of commercial or industrial HVAC systems is required.
JOB KNOWLEDGE: Must have knowledge/ability in:
- Maintenance and repair of HVAC controls including motor starters, thermostats, humidistats, variable frequency drive (VFD) motors and controllers, motorized and gravity dampers, sensors and building automation systems, furnaces, hydronic systems, hot water heaters and heat pumps, evaporators and condensers, chillers and boilers.
- Minor component replacement of motors, valves, pumps, controls and recording instruments
- HVAC testing procedures in control devices to monitor, diagnose faults, determine current operating capacity to the design requirements, all in accordance with US and host country regulations.
- Reading and working from engineering drawings, specifications, HVAC schematics, one-line diagrams and material list
- Education Requirements:
- Completion of secondary school and completion of vocational training from an accredited institute recognized as producing journeyman level technicians with specialization in the HVAC field is required.
Limited in Speaking/Reading/Writing English is required. (This will be tested.)
Good working knowledge in Speaking/Reading/Writing Vietnamese is required.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Communication and interpersonal skills to answer queries from end-users.
- Ability to work as part of a team, work under pressure and a tight schedule.
- A flexible approach to work shifts and answer emergency calls at all hours.
- A valid driver’s license (motorcycle) (Vietnamese A1 level).
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
- All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
Benefits and Other Info
- Agency Benefits:
- Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Mission in Vietnam may receive a compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office.
The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
- Other Information:
- HIRING PREFERENCE SELECTION PROCESS: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
- AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
- AEFM / USEFM
- FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
* IMPORTANT: Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant. The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc.?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link.
How to Apply
- How to Apply:
- All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a Local security or Public trust clearance.
To apply for this position click the “Submit Application” button. For more information on how to apply, visit the Mission internet site at https://vn.usembassy.gov/embassy-consulate/embassy-consulate-jobs/
- Required Documents:
- Please provide the required documentation listed below with your application
- Copy of Orders/Assignment Notification (or equivalent if you are AEFM / USEFM)
- Vietnamese ID
- Residency and/or Work Permit (If you are not Vietnamese Citizen)
- DD-214 – Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable)
- SF-50 (if applicable)
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Vocational training Certificate with specialization in the HVAC field. Please upload this document in “Other Document” box.
- Driver’s license (motorcycle) (Vietnamese A1 level).
- Next Steps:
- Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
For further information – the complete position description listing all of the duties, responsibilities, required qualifications, etc. may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources Office.Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Embassy in Hanoi.
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
31/01/2021USAID Learns/Social Impact
31/01/2021USAID Learns/Social Impact
07/02/2021Foundation of Youth Empowerment
28/02/2021The World Bank
09/02/2021Center for Community Health Research and Development (CCRD)
04/02/2021SOS Children's Villages Vietnam