- Announcement Number: HANOI-2019-58
- Hiring Agency: Embassy Hanoi
- Position Title: Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning (HVAC) Mechanic - All Interested Applicants
- Open Period: 12/27/2019 - 01/10/2020Format MM/DD/YYYY
- Vacancy Time Zone: GMT+7
- Series/Grade: LE - 1210 5
- Salary:USD $9,923
- Work Schedule:Full-time - Mon through Sat 44 hours/week
- Promotion Potential:LE-5
- Duty Location(s): 1 in Hanoi, VM
- Telework Eligible: No
- For More Info:
- HR Section 84-24-3850-5000 ext. 5126 HanoiHR@state.gov
- Hiring Path:
- • Open to the public
- Who May Apply/Clarification From the Agency:
- For USEFM - FS is FP-9. Actual FS salary determined by Washington D.C. Open to: All Interested Applicants / All Sources
- Security Clearance Required:
- Public Trust - Background Investigation
- Appointment Type
- Appointment Type Details:
- • Indefinite subject to successful completion of probationary period
- Marketing Statement:
- We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees before you apply.
- The work schedule for this position is:
- Full Time 44 hours per week
- Supervisory Position: No
- Relocation Expenses Reimbursed: No
- Travel Required: Not Required
DutiesThe incumbent of the position will be employed as a HVAC Technician to accomplish skilled maintenance and repair work throughout the Chancery or Annex Offices, and residential owned/leased properties. The incumbent will repair hardware and associated peripherals for chillers, large central air handling units, packaged A/C units, filtration systems, fan coils, variable air volume (VAV) units, HVAC ductwork, evaporators, condensers, humidifiers, motorized valves, circulation pumps, damper motors, controllers, actuators, and other control devices. S/he will receive written or verbal request for maintenance services directly from the Facility Manager or Facility Supervisor, and ascertain all of the necessary information to determine whether the work is of a routine or emergency nature.
Qualifications and Evaluations
- EXPERIENCE: At least three years’ of broad experience in operations and maintenance of building HVAC systems and associated equipment. A minimum of two years of experience must be as an HVAC Technician working with large, modern, commercial or Government office building in operations and maintenance.
JOB KNOWLEDGE: Must have:
- Knowledge to include basic math, and the ability to use measurement tools needed to lay out and cut shaped, threaded, and joined materials.
- A very good technical understanding of major building HVAC/mechanical systems and equipment.
- Knowledge of reading technical documents, interpreting maintenance plans and technical literature is required and highly emphasized.
- Knowledge of US building, electrical, mechanical, fire and life safety codes; building and trade standards.
- Education Requirements:
- Completion of secondary school (grade 12) and a vocational training from an accredited institute recognized as producing journeyman level technicians with a concentration in HVAC principles and application is required.
LANGUAGE:Level 2 (Limited) Speaking/Reading/Writing English is required. (This will be tested.) Level 3 (Good working knowledge) Speaking/Reading/Writing Vietnamese is required. SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Must have/be able to:
- Diagnosing and repairing HVAC systems and components and taking equipment readings with various meters, hand tools, power tools, and specialty tools to determine appropriate repairs.
- Use tools of the trade in order to install, troubleshoot and repair building HVAC/mechanical systems and work with the controls technicians on associated devices.
- Abilities include responding to emergency situations in an efficient and timely manner to effect immediate repairs;
- Work in various adverse conditions such as tight or enclosed spaces, heights, and temperature extremes, indoors or outdoors to complete work assignments;
- communicate orally and in writing with co-workers, contractors and vendors to obtain and provide pertinent information.
- A driver’s license (Vietnamese - B2) is required.
- interpersonal skills and be able to handle a large workload and multiple tasks.
- Qualifications: All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
Benefits and Other Info
- Agency Benefits:
- Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Mission in Vietnam may receive a compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits. For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office. The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
- Other Information:
- AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
- AEFM / USEFM
- FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
How to Apply
- How to Apply:
- All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a Local security or Public trust clearance. To apply for this position click the “Submit Application” button. For more information on how to apply, visit the Mission internet site.
- Required Documents:
- Please provide the required documentation listed below with your application
- Copy of Orders/Assignment Notification (or equivalent if you are AEFM / USEFM)
- Vietnamese ID
- Residency and/or Work Permit (If you are not Vietnamese Citizen)
- DD-214 - Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable)
- SF-50 (if applicable)
- Next Steps:
- Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email. For further information - the complete position description listing all of the duties, responsibilities, required qualifications, etc. may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources Office. Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Embassy in Hanoi.
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
All year roundUSAID