Open to the public
Who May Apply/Clarification From the Agency:
For USEFM - FS is FP-9. Actual FS salary determined by Washington D.C.
All Interested Applicants / All Sources
Security Clearance Required:
Public Trust - Background Investigation:
- Indefinite subject to successful completion of probationary period
We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees
before you apply.
The work schedule for this position is:
- Full Time 44 hours per week
Start date: Candidate must be able to begin working within a reasonable period of time 90 days of receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances/certifications or their candidacy may end.
The incumbent of the position will be employed as a HVAC Technician to accomplish skilled maintenance and repair work throughout the Chancery or Annex Offices, and residential owned/leased properties. The incumbent will repair hardware and associated peripherals for chillers, large central air handling units, packaged A/C units, filtration systems, fan coils, variable air volume (VAV) units, HVAC ductwork, evaporators, condensers, humidifiers, motorized valves, circulation pumps, damper motors, controllers, actuators, and other control devices. S/he will receive written or verbal request for maintenance services directly from the Facility Manager or Facility Supervisor, and ascertain all of the necessary information to determine whether the work is of a routine or emergency nature.
At least three years’ of broad experience in operations and maintenance of building HVAC systems and associated equipment. A minimum of two years of experience must be as an HVAC Technician working with large, modern, commercial or Government office building in operations and maintenance.
- Knowledge to include basic math, and the ability to use measurement tools needed to lay out and cut shaped, threaded, and joined materials.
- A very good technical understanding of major building HVAC/mechanical systems and equipment.
- Knowledge of reading technical documents, interpreting maintenance plans and technical literature is required and highly emphasized.
- Knowledge of US building, electrical, mechanical, fire and life safety codes; building and trade standards.
Completion of secondary school (grade 12) and a vocational training from an accredited institute recognized as producing journeyman level technicians with a concentration in HVAC principles and application is required.
Level 2 (Limited) Speaking/Reading/Writing English is required. (This will be tested.)
Level 3 (Good working knowledge) Speaking/Reading/Writing Vietnamese is required.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Must have/be able to:
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO):
- Diagnosing and repairing HVAC systems and components and taking equipment readings with various meters, hand tools, power tools, and specialty tools to determine appropriate repairs.
- Use tools of the trade in order to install, troubleshoot and repair building HVAC/mechanical systems and work with the controls technicians on associated devices.
- Abilities include responding to emergency situations in an efficient and timely manner to effect immediate repairs;
- Work in various adverse conditions such as tight or enclosed spaces, heights, and temperature extremes, indoors or outdoors to complete work assignments;
- Communicate orally and in writing with co-workers, contractors and vendors to obtain and provide pertinent information.
- A driver’s license (Vietnamese - B2) is required.
- Interpersonal skills and be able to handle a large workload and multiple tasks.
The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
Back to top
enefits and Other Info
Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Mission in Vietnam may receive a compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office.
The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
HIRING PREFERENCE SELECTION PROCESS:
Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
1. AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
2. AEFM / USEFM
3. FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
* IMPORTANT: Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant. The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc.?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link
Back to top
How to Apply:
All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a Local security or Public trust clearance.
To apply for this position, visit the Mission internet site at https://vn.usembassy.gov/embassy-consulate/embassy-consulate-jobs/ then click the “Apply Now” button. For more information on how to apply, please review the guidance on the Embassy web site.
Note: The Embassy Human Resources Office is unable to acknowledge the receipt of your documents due to the high volume of applications received. If you do not receive a notification email from ERA within four weeks of the vacancy announcement’s closing day, it is likely that you did not qualify for the position or did not submit a complete package.
- Please provide the required documentation listed below with your application:
- Copy of Orders/Assignment Notification (or equivalent if you are AEFM / USEFM)
- Vietnamese ID
- Residency and/or Work Permit (If you are not Vietnamese Citizen)
- DD-214 - Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable)
- SF-50 (if applicable)
Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
For further information - the complete position description listing all of the duties, responsibilities, required qualifications, etc. may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources Office.
Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Embassy in Hanoi.
Candidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position
Du lịch nhật bản, hướng dẫn du lịch Nhật và đánh giá địa điểm Nhật Bản
Japan travel news, japan travel guides, japan holiday destinations and japan reviews
Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
All the latest news in Vietnam
Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất