- Organization: UNWOMEN - United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women
- Location: Home Based - May require travel (Home Based)
- Grade: International Consultant - Internationally recruited Contractors Agreement - Consultancy
- Occupational Groups:
- Women's Empowerment and Gender Mainstreaming
- External Relations, Partnerships and Resource mobilization
- Closing Date: 2021-09-17
UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security.
A flagship initiative of UN Women, the HeForShe solidarity movement is an international platform that invites and engages men and boys to complement the work of the women’s movement and create an equal world for all. Men hold a disproportionate level of power across cultures globally, but they remain largely absent from the gender equality conversation. Similar to other human rights and social justice movements like Black Lives Matter and LGBTQIA+ equality, gender equality requires action and allyship across all of society. HeForShe invites men and boys to build on the work of the women’s movement as equal partners, crafting and implementing a shared vision of gender equality that will benefit all of humanity. For more information, visit http://www.heforshe.org/en
The UN Women HeForShe initiative is looking for a Partnerships Consultant to support in the recruitment of new partners for the HeForShe Alliance launching between September 2021 and January 2022. This position will play a key role in the recruitment and successful onboarding of HeForShe Alliance partners through providing diligent research and support to HeForShe partnerships efforts. Furthermore, the Partnerships Consultant will have to manage relations between HeForShe and UN Women country offices to support country-specific partnerships and joint communication opportunities, including the organization and roll-out of events, meetings, and workshops. They will have varied responsibilities and will be relied on to confidently execute with timeliness and consistency, in addition to working in an open and collaborative way with other company functions including due diligence, operations, and prospect research. A good working knowledge of the private sector as well as stakeholder engagement is essential to performing this challenging role. Working in a dynamic environment, the Partnerships Consultant will also be an efficient time manager capable of juggling a variety of project deadlines.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conduct research to jointly identify strategies, opportunities and market trends with partners
- Manage relations between HeForShe and UN Women country offices to support country-specific partnerships and joint communication opportunities, including the organization and roll-out of events, meetings and workshops.
- Update and maintain partner profiles according to changing/shifting partner priorities, areas of focus on country strategies.
- Monitor, research and follow-up on relevant documents and policies (press releases, working documents.
- Support follow up on country specific partnerships and joint communication opportunities, including facilitating organization of events, meetings and workshops, as appropriate.
- Support the updating of stakeholder strategy and plan, as well as relevant engagement with UN Women offices
- Contribute to the development and drafting of concept notes, proposals, presentations, etc.
- Support the coordination of annual report development including documentation and data reviews
- Support in the planning and coordination of virtual events
- Performs other tasks as required by the supervisor and project team.
- Provide 6-8 leads and corresponding briefs on potential new partners to the HeForShe Alliance by end of 2021.
- Successfully submit 6-8 due-diligence cases for recruitment of new private sector partners.
- Successfully complete onboarding of all partners to ensure the foundations of a solid partnership are established.
- Support in implementing the Private Sector Partnership Strategy.
- Manage partnerships and joint communication opportunities with UN Women country offices, including the ccoordination of monthly workshops/meetings with at least 10 members from 80% of the regions UN Women is present in?.
- Respect for Diversity
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues
- Creative Problem Solving
- Effective Communication
- Inclusive Collaboration
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Leading by Example
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Required Qualifications, Experience and skills:
- Master's degree (or equivalent) in International Development, Business, International Relations, Public Policy, or other relevant social science field is required;
- Entry-level experience in the field of partnerships and/or communications or any relevant field;
- Excellent writing skills, attention to detail, as well as strong analytical aptitude and communication skills;
- Ability to manage workload with minimum supervision and collaborate with a wide range of colleagues while meeting deadlines;
- Excellent interpersonal skills: being able to listen and collaborate with a wide range of players, being able to work independently, being pro-active and taking initiative;
- Be able to work both independently and as part of a team;
- Computer proficiency: MS Office;
- Experience in working with UN Agencies is an asset.
- English and French are the official languages of the United Nations Secretariat;
- For the post advertised, fluency in oral and written English is required. Knowledge of another UN language is an advantage
03/10/2021British Embassy Hanoi
Mid-level Training Consultants for Mothers and Aunts to Meet the Asian Program Framework and Trainees' CapabilitiesSOS Vietnam
22/09/2021Save the Children
30/09/2021Action to the Community Development Institute (ACDC)
26/09/2021U.S. Embassy in Hanoi
Consultancy service for Baseline Study of Project "Greening Red Cross and Red Crescent Disaster Risk Reduction: Saving Lives through Working with Nature"American Red Cross
10/10/2021U.S. Embassy in Hanoi
24/09/2021American Red Cross
30/09/2021American Red Cross