Tentative effective time: June 2020
Job Title: National Communications Officer (NCO)
Location: HelpAge International Office in Hanoi,Vietnam (HAIV)
Around 40% travel to the field
Responsible to: Country Director (CD)
Relations with others: Close working relations with Country. Coordinator and all members in the HAIV team, partner organisations, project and local partners
Salary scale: From 650 to 730 USD/month (full-time, gross) (Equivalent from 15 to 16.9 million VND per month)
Benefit: Provident Fund (10% of base salary) and Social & Health Insurances
Contract timeframe : Six months (to replace for 6-month maternity leave of a current staff), including 2-month probation (full salary)
Recruitment: Local recruitment (only Vietnamese)
Note: This job description is indicative of areas of work. However, given the nature of our work, some adaptations and flexibility are required. Thus, the job description (JD) will be modified from time to time, in consultation with the
HelpAge International in Vietnam (HAIV) supports a large network of partner organisations across the country. Partners across the network are responsible for implementing a wide range of programmes/projects funded by HAIV or
HAIV’s internal and external donors.
The recruitment of the NCO is to support the implementation of a HelpAge project relating to community development and relating to community-based disaster risk reduction (CBDRR) and Climate change adaptation (CCA) field in Vietnam as well.
The NCO will support and deliver the communications and dissemination work package for the project in Vietnam.
To provide support to the Country Director (CD)/Country Coordinator (CC) in areas of communications design and implementation to ensure that the HelpAge International Team in Vietnam functions effectively and efficiently.
- Build engagement and following through HelpAge Vietnam’s social media channels
- Provide regular media and social media reports
- Work with Country teams across to implement media engagement strategies and tool kits for campaigns and events
- Ensure web content is up-to-date, carrying out content audits and making any necessary improvements
- Draft press releases in Vietnamese and English, handle media requests, and develop relationships with journalists
- Provide guidance and training to enable colleagues and partners to produce lively and engaging content for the website
- Undertake additional tasks as appropriate.
- Other tasks assigned by CD/CC. Collaboration with Finance team, follow the financial guidances by Finance and Admin Manager (FAM)
Specific tasks for Inception phase
- Participate in communication group with participation from consortium members, country coordinators
- Produce a communication plan for Vietnam
- Contribute to project and HelpAge websites
- Create and regularly post on social media platforms
- Communications outputs on other relevant global/national campaign days
Specific tasks for Retrospective study phase
- Develop public awareness raising toolkits for use in communities
- Produce social media package to share information on NCDs (e.g. graphics, infographics, etc.)
- Ensure content development for website, news updates, media release, etc.
- Produce project update mailings
- Collect case studies to illustrate interventions in the three countries
- Create posters, banners, infographics for use at workshops/conferences
Specific tasks for Baseline assessment phase
- Stakeholder meeting
- Produce social media packages to share information on recommendations for adjustment of NCD interventions (graphics, infographics, etc.).
- Organise stakeholder workshops and advisory group meetings
- Share project intermediate results and key findings and presentation of research
Specific tasks for Prospective study phase
- Create and regularly post on social media platforms to disseminate information (e.g. Facebook and twitter)
- Produce social media messages and news updates to share progress on NCD (e.g. graphics, infographics, etc.)
- Content development and publications (for website, news updates, media release, etc).
- Organise side events at international fora to share project outcomes.
- Create posters, banners, infographics for use at workshops/conferences.
- Create video/animations to introduce and summarise the findings of the project.
- News update/mailing at key points in project progress.
Specific tasks for study E phase.
- Draw lessons for policy; final stakeholder meeting
- Present final practice guidelines to strengthen nationally available tools and inform international practice
- Excellent skills in writing/editing for the web, digital, social and traditional media channels in Vietnamese and English
- Proven ability to write accessibly for different audiences
- A good understanding of the news media in Vietnam
- At least 2-years experiences of Communications Officer
- Experience of managing websites and producing online multimedia content.
Experience of social networking and building online communities
- Excellent analytical skills, and the ability to find creative solutions to problems.
- Project management skills including scheduling, budgeting and remote working in a matrix management structure.
- Able to juggle multiple tasks and work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Good team working and negotiation skills.
- Knowledge of content management systems and online databases
- Experience of community engagement
- Experience in health research
- Experience of training and capacity building in digital and media skills
- Being awareness of age, gender and disability issues. Experience in inclusion of age, gender and disability issues in the communication job.
How to apply
Please submit your application document consists of:
- A covering letter outlining your suitability for the role that should not be more than 1 page of A4 size
- An updated curriculum vitae (CV), maximum 3 pages of A4 size
- Two referees, including your most recent employer
Please put the covering letter and CV in one file and send by email to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com by the closing date of 30 April 2020. Please clearly note the NCO position you are applying in your email title.
HelpAge International is an equal opportunities employer.
With a view to minimising our administration costs we are unfortunately only able to contact again those candidates who have been shortlisted for interview
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
15/12/2020United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
14/12/2020Center for Education Promotion and Empowerment of Women – CEPEW
15/12/2020World Food Programme (WFP)
29/11/2020Trường Dạy Tiếng Anh và Dạy Nghề Thăng Long
30/11/2020World Wildlife Fund (WWF) - Vietnam